Author Topic: Sharknado II - LIVE!  (Read 8709 times)

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
Re: Sharknado II - LIVE!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 11:25:39 PM »
Some of Tara Reid's facial expressions were absolutely bizarre, and therefore,  hilarious.

Wait, Tara Reid had facial expressions?
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »
Sure...dazed, and more dazed.   ;D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 02:50:21 AM »
Then there was her "I'm that image you used to see in those "screamer photos" people used to pass around as jokes all of the time on the internet a few years ago" face.

I realize her entire face is paralyzed due to the botox and that her face is 98% non-biodegradable material that's going to have to go into the hazmat bin in the morgue when she dies but, good-god she is just horrendous looking.  Did they put the make-up on her with one of those trowels used to make brick-walls?!

Why did "Fin" go for her over hot bikini-bar girl who was throwing herself all over him in the last movie?  Why wasn't SHE brought back instead of Tara "Reanimated Corpse" Reed?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 06:03:26 AM »
The riff was good, but technical issues plagued our theater in Pueblo, CO.

First, when they started the stream, it started about 5 minutes into the show already.  The Trio were already on their seats, presumably explaining that the theater's AC broke.  Not a huge deal, but there was more...

About 10 minutes into the film, the stream glitches and instead of watching it on the hour time delay, I think it skipped to the live stream.  So it takes a good 15 minutes or so for the theater to fix that and get us back to the right part of the movie.

Then the power goes out at the theater in the last few minutes of the film.  They tried to restart the system and power went off and on again.  Everyone just left at that point.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 06:24:47 AM »

Why did "Fin" go for her over hot bikini-bar girl who was throwing herself all over him in the last movie?  Why wasn't SHE brought back instead of Tara "Reanimated Corpse" Reed?
Yeah, that was odd. Why try to give him a love interest when the filmmakers know he's going to get back with his wife at the end?

They did the same thing with him and Vivica Fox in the second one, too.

Offline The Trout

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
  • Electro-Syntho-Magnetic
    • Troutcave Comics
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 07:02:09 AM »
It was still funny, but perhaps the weakest Rifftrax Live I've ever seen.  I might just hate the Sharknado films too much for Rifftrax to help.

Sidenote: at my theater, the screen was stuck in 4:3 for the entire film, so everyone looked particularly thin.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not my favorite live show but definitely not a stinker. We had a good sized group with us at the AMC in Braintree MA. (Thanks to MrTorso for pestering them to fix the ticketing problems)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:36 AM »
It is even more noticable in this one just how much Ian Zeiring CAN NOT carry a movie! An actor with real charm could have made this movie so much fun. Somebody like Bruce Campbell or Ernie Hudson would have elevated this material. Or even Dean Cain would have been much much better.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »
He also doesn't know how to pronounce his own name! EYE-AN !!  Pffft!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 08:39:39 AM »
OK. So, "Parents: Who Needs Them?" One of the greatest shorts ever or what?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
OK. So, "Parents: Who Needs Them?" One of the greatest shorts ever or what?
Yeah, that was a really good one. I don't have a fear of clowns, and I think they often make a bigger deal about clowns on Rifftrax. But damn that puppets was FUCKED UP!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »
"Who? Me?"

BiteMe316

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »
I'll be at the encore next week due to last night's broadcast getting canned due to technical issues (bad thunderstorm).  Regal did give out passes for that so I'm glad I won't have to spend $13.38 again for a ticket.  Since when did they start doing that?  It wasn't like that for "The Room" back in May.  :o

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
I agree with many of the above comments.  It wasn't the worst live show but it wasn't the best.  I also concur that the first Sharnado show is a tough act to follow (as was their last show, The Room).  I believe one of the reasons the first movie worked better is because the 'self aware' issue already mentioned was not so self-evident.  Also, I've noticed that when they do sequels I tend to like their work on the first film better. I've been to every live show and this was the first one where I thought the movie drowned out the riffing on several occasions. I enjoyed myself as always but for me the highlight of the evening was that wonderful short!  Looking forward to Miami Connection.   

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »
An update from the San Diego area, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:

And one from the guys:

As seen in this photo, both Ian and the director are possessed, but I think we all kinda assumed that you have to be in league with the devil to be on SyFy these days.