Author Topic: Need an Updated Fan Riff/iRiff Website Index  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 260
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
Re: Need an Updated Fan Riff/iRiff Website Index
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »
Yeah he's really disparaging of any riffs that aren't Rifftrax.
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2297
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 10:46:32 AM »
Again, the more iRiffers and fan riffers that keep their presence on here up to date

http://rifftrax.wikia.com/wiki/RiffTrax_Wiki

the better.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 193
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
I've been doing that since the RiffWiki Darth interview.  I've never actually edited a wiki before this, it's kind of fun, though I want to make sure the pages I add are up to the quality of the rest of the site.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1460
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 05:25:05 AM »
Would you say one place is more popular or more frequently updated than the other?  I know there is also a Facebook group where people post iRiffs.  I wonder if the Wikia Wiki has the best SEO for random hits though.

Which Facebook group is that? I'm always leery of posting iRiff stuff in some of the groups because of "iRiffs are all crap rip offs" backlash that happens on some sites.

We've been posting ours on Gumroad now for a while while the iRiffs section is dead.  So there's a couple over there that aren't available here (including one of the short that Joel & Jonah did at the reunion show!)

https://gumroad.com/onewallcinema

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 454
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
Last thing I saw there was a tirade from the person running it that he was going to stop listing iRiffs because he couldn't listen to them all and vouch for their quality.
I find that very ironic given how slow all the iRiff groups are now.
Of course, having an iRiffs section might encourage some of them.
True. Or another contest, since it's less likely to have the controversy of the last one.

I actually went back to see what the deal was there a little while ago.  The final tirade was about the site links being all broken when the server moved, and thus he was tired of updating the links and wouldn't do it unless he felt good reason to.

He has, however, offered tirades in past updates in which he said he's bought only a handful of iRiffs and disliked them, accused iRiffers of essentially being a community all buying from themselves when they could be setting up their own sites and not having to lose 50/50 royalties, accused Bill Corbett of weird conspiratorial things (I don't know, I don't get it either, could've been a joke but I'm not so sure), saying (in a blanket sense) iRiffers pale in quality to commentaries he's found for free elsewhere (and some tangent about capitalism), and a few times when the iRiffs site went down, he was alternately irritated and gloating as he commented how it being down didn't affect his site at all.

He might be a nice guy helping all these commentaries find a home, but when it comes to iRiffs, he's been kind of a dick.  I think there's better ways of getting iRiff mentions out there.

A while ago I offered to send him updated links and new logos for The Order of the League riffs, and he actually emailed me back about it, but after I gave him everything he didn't do anything with it...