Author Topic: Hey Arnold!  (Read 654 times)

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
Hey Arnold!
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »
I've been recently listening to some interviews with Craig Bartlett about this show, which is undoubtedly one of the best 90's era Nicktoons and it's reaffirmed why I really loved it as a kid.

Back in the summer of 1998, I had been watching Nickelodeon at a relative's house and mostly tuned in for the Warner Bros. stuff that was in syndication, then I came across a promo advertising HA! and Angry Beavers and got really curious. Somehow I managed to catch HA! in a rerun at one point (it was the magic show episode) and I was hooked. I think the best part of it really is how grounded in reality it is and somehow it's still managed to hold up so well. That and, well, Helga is basically the best character.  ;)

Anyone else grow up with this or watch it as of recent?

"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Hey Arnold!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »
Hey Arnold never quite clicked for me. I was pretty much on board with all the Nicktoons until that one came along. It's not bad and I liked how it tackled some big issues, but I like a little bit more anarchy in my animation.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:20:03 AM »
Yeah, there was something about Hey, Arnold that I appreciated in how it handled it's characters but the only draw for me was Helga, who's stories were more interesting to me.  But overall, I just wasn't all that into it.

Miles better than Doug though, which I found painfully dull with an completely pathetic main character.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »
Pretty much all the Helga episodes were the best. I remember distinctly when watching it that if an episode didn't at least involve her in some fashion I'd get bored and flip channels.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »
Never really got into HA.  I do however have tattoos of the Angry Beavers.  :) I loved that spooty show.