Author Topic: Ash Vs. Evil Dead  (Read 6845 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6261
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Ash Vs. Evil Dead
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
From Bruce's twitter:

@groovybruce
Crap, the script leaked.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 164
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 12:36:29 PM »
This show is amazing. Bruce unleashed like this is the greatest, he's the master.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
I've been enjoying being at home with my family for the holidays, but it has been frustrating not being able to watch the last few episodes. I am going to binge watch them when I get home on the 4th.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 10:33:19 AM »
Watched the finale today. Overall I really enjoyed the season, but I get the feeling I'll like it more when I rewatch it and am able to binge. The most frustrating part of the series is the half hour format. I'm so used to seeing Ash in a feature length film that when things wrap up in a 30 minute cliffhanger its more jarring than with other shows.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 01:03:33 PM »
Watched the finale today. Overall I really enjoyed the season, but I get the feeling I'll like it more when I rewatch it and am able to binge. The most frustrating part of the series is the half hour format. I'm so used to seeing Ash in a feature length film that when things wrap up in a 30 minute cliffhanger its more jarring than with other shows.
I do think that the half hour format forces them to get to the fun and action more than wallowing in drama like so many other hourlong shows.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 826
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 03:11:55 AM »
I like that every show picks up where it last left off. So now that I have all the episodes I can watch a 5 hour Evil Dead movie.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
Watched the last 3 episodes of the Ash vs Evil Dead season. I've been enjoying it a lot, but it definitely picks up even better at the cabin.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I really liked the child demon things. Great look (aside from the iffy CGI eyeholes).
I wasn't that pleased with the actual ending, though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 04:35:23 AM »
Finally watched the pilot. Definitely liked the mix of Evil Dead style stuff and Army of Darkness style between the various scenes.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 826
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »
as a long, long time Evil Dead fan... it is a really good follow up. There is a little ret-conning going on as Universal owns Army of Darkness so there is no mention of anything that happened there.  I would say that the first episode probably had the largest budget since Sam was directing but the other directors do a decent job of emulating Sam's style. Out of all 10 episodes there was only 1 where I was meh on.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com