login

Author Topic: Rifftrax Live - The Room  (Read 16365 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Rifftrax Live - The Room
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
Dont worry about it.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2015, 10:31:03 PM »
Loved the re-riff. The first riff let the movie carry most of the laughs, but the live show had some great gags and observations.

"Why can't the sex scenes be as efficient as that one!?"

EDIT TO ADD: And the spiral stairwell sex scene? A work of art. The applause in the live audience was echoed in my theater crowd.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:12:53 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline Nobody

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »
Also, I AM looking forward to the mp3.  I didn't think Rifftrax could top the original "The Room."  But, they damn sure did!  It was GREAT!  :D
Agreed.  I normally don't go to live shows, because I am usually working, and also because I sometimes have a problem in large crowds.  But I found out that the theater nearest me had only sold a handfull of tickets, and I knew I could handle it.  My 21 year old niece went along with me, which made those already uncomfortable sex scenes just that much more so, but we both laughed our asses off.  It was a fantastic show, and I loved that they kept my favorite line or two, while really creating a new and awesome experience.
PS.  I now know what "reauthored" means, so I won't be hinting that you are pirating this time.  God, that was SO embarrassing.  But, thanks for being so cool about it, JTT!  :clap:
No worries.  It was a simple misunderstanding, easily corrected.  :)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2015, 11:05:19 AM »
Anyway, Lisa's friend, Michelle, is far, far, better looking than Lisa.

Yeah, I think so, too. Michelle's boyfriend Mike's girlfriend Michelle was kinda cute. ^_^

If I remember correctly, the actress who played Lisa was SUPPOSED to play Michelle, but she got "promoted", so to speak, when the first Lisa left. I think there was another Michelle that left, too. A lot of cast members walked off the production, which should surprise somewhere between zero and none of the people who have seen or know anything about this movie.

In addition to being inept, Wiseau was known to be a downright cruel to the cast and crew. You read some of the stories, and it's amazing he wasn't slapped with a dozen lawsuits.

Again, I have to recommend Greg Sestero's book.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:48 PM »
There is an unabridged audio book read by Greg Sestero as well, so you can hear him tell the story himself if you are interested.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:13 PM »
There is an unabridged audio book read by Greg Sestero as well, so you can hear him tell the story himself if you are interested.

Yeah, I have that one as well. It's the version I recommend, too, because he does an excellent Tommy Wiseau impression.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »
Yeah, its pretty entertaining.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
I thought these shirts were only available to Kickstarters that pitched in $75 ($82 actually) ???
http://teespring.com/ohairifftrax

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2015, 08:40:06 AM »
Originally, yes, but they opened it up recently.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
I wonder if people who did the Kickstarter will get their shirts first or Teespring purchases.. Or at the same time ???

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2659
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2015, 09:10:10 AM »
I wonder if people who did the Kickstarter will get their shirts first or Teespring purchases.. Or at the same time ???
I got my OHAI shirt today...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »
Oh Really?? :o
Maybe mine will arrive shortly along with my Battlestar Galactica Blu-Ray set :o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
Oh Really?? :o
Maybe mine will arrive shortly along with my Battlestar Galactica Blu-Ray set :o
YES!! They Both Arrived Today!! :highfive:
It's like X-mas in May  ;D

Offline Nobody

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
Caution:  the red border around the "OHAI" bleeds when washed.  Somehow, a rogue sock stowed away in the load of black clothes I washed the shirt with.  The sock is now pink.  Just and FYI.