Author Topic: Rifftrax Live - The Room  (Read 15840 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Rifftrax Live - The Room
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
They're going to have a VOD of this, right? This is one I want to treasure the rest of my life.

Bathtub's new avatar is so scary, you can't read his posts?  I understand. I'm scared, too.  :o

Yes, it will be released as a VOD.  The VOD is one of our kickstarter rewards.

The Kickstarter reward was a free MP3 of the studio version using the live script, not a VoD. Unless something's changed since then. I hope we do get a VoD.

No, you are correct.  Curse me, and my enwrongend  posts!  Reward is an mp3, not a VOD.  I sit corrected. >:(
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »
Going to re-airing tomorrow night. Going to be great! Again!

As much as I appreciate the MP3, I really hope someday we're able to get a VOD of this event. I mean, I have the original Riff and as better as the new take is -riffing the sex scenes as opposed to the Disembaudio skits- doing the MP3s is just too much of a hassle to line up the riffs and -with my setup- the audio coming from two different sources.

On the movie itself. I like how the tuxes the guys were wearing -presumably for the wedding- weren't tailored to them and were just all loose, flowing and drapey.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 12:29:42 PM »
On the movie itself. I like how the tuxes the guys were wearing -presumably for the wedding- weren't tailored to them and were just all loose, flowing and drapey.

Those were obviously their football tuxes, you can't play football in a tight tux!

They couldn't have been wedding tuxes, since there seemed to be weeks that passed by after that scene and they were still not married.

Oh no, I'm thinking about continuity in The Room, better stop before my head explodes........

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 03:24:37 PM »
The Room Live NEEDS to be a VOD. 
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »

Those were obviously their football tuxes, you can't play football in a tight tux!

They couldn't have been wedding tuxes, since there seemed to be weeks that passed by after that scene and they were still not married.

Oh no, I'm thinking about continuity in The Room, better stop before my head explodes........

Eh, I'm willing to give the movie latitude that they were wearing those tuxes as part of a fitting, they were just delivered from the tailor to their respective homes and they got together to try them on and see how each other looked, or getting some preliminary or invitation photos done or something along those lines.  It's probably a whole lot more latitude than the movie deserves and it still made for a silly series of scenes as for whatever reason they were wearing the tuxes it was pretty damn dumb to play street football in them.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »
Pointing out dumb things in The Room seems like it should cause some sort of paradox.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5676
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2015, 06:10:19 PM »
Pointing out dumb things in The Room seems like it should cause some sort of paradox.
It's not so much pointing at low hanging fruit as it is pointing at rotting apples on the ground.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2015, 06:17:04 PM »
It more like all the dumbness in that movie is always on the verge of collapsing into a Singularity of Stupid!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:22:02 PM by Sideswipe »

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »
It's like self-replicating stupidity, though. Because no matter how many times you see it, you notice SOME new, stupid thing. As though between viewings, the movie made minor alterations to itself to either add new stupid moments, or make them more prominent.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:41 AM »
Wiseau has been able to kill Internet reviews of the movie that are clearly examples of fair use.  There is no way he would allow for there to be an easily pirateable alternate version of the full movie available.  He is actually making money off this awful movie, and, nutty as he is, he knows that he has to protect it.

The MP3 will be great, and I will have my own reauthored version ready to watch a few hours after it becomes available.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2015, 01:20:28 PM »
Well, they had to strike a deal with him to do a live riffing in the first place. But yeah, who knows with this guy.

That's the problem, getting the VOD in this case involves negotiating with someone who is, by all accounts, batshit insane.

"Nah, they would just talk to his people." I wouldn't count on that. If the stories are to believed, he doesn't HAVE "people". A state appointed handler, perhaps. . . 
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3145
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
From what I've seen in interviews, his "People" are actually him, on the other end of the Email, pretending to be his people.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
Wiseau has been able to kill Internet reviews of the movie that are clearly examples of fair use.  There is no way he would allow for there to be an easily pirateable alternate version of the full movie available.  He is actually making money off this awful movie, and, nutty as he is, he knows that he has to protect it.

The MP3 will be great, and I will have my own reauthored version ready to watch a few hours after it becomes available.

I didn't know that, but it makes sense.  He stated that Rifftrax is "legitimate," and "paid my license."  So, I started thinking, maybe he wants too much for a license to release it as a VOD.  Still, it would have been nice.   Also, I AM looking forward to the mp3.  I didn't think Rifftrax could top the original "The Room."  But, they damn sure did!  It was GREAT!  :D

PS.  I now know what "reauthored" means, so I won't be hinting that you are pirating this time.  God, that was SO embarrassing.  But, thanks for being so cool about it, JTT!  :clap:

Edited to change an accidental frowny face into a smiley face.

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3145
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2015, 04:10:51 PM »
I'll be catching the rebroadcast in 2 1/2 hours. I missed the first one, so I can't wait to see how the retreatment went.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2015, 08:19:36 PM »
Caught the encore, just as funny the second time around!

I wonder though, is "Peter" a psychiatrist or psychologist?  Granting that even smart people can sometimes confuse the two so it'd be no surprise with Wiseau didn't know the difference and what one is over the other -and from BTS stories it's unlikely he would have been receptive to making the correction.

An -ologist simply has a PhD, they're a "doctor" in that they've intensively studied psychology but when it comes to patient interaction it's mostly talking it out and finding non-medical solutions to problems.  Ologists cannot prescribe medicine as they are not "doctors."

An -iatrist has an MD, they're a "doctor" in how most people usually think of the word, a medical professional. Such a person is capable of making a diagnosis to a mental-health issue and is able to prescribe medications or other forms of treatment to correct the problem.  An encounter with one usually is less talk and more talk of medicines and treatments.

"Peter" is first seen dressed nicely in a suit and we hear him talk in a fairly "professional" manner and even at one point says Lisa is a "sociopath" (though it's possible this is a personal opinion and not a clinical diagnosis from his interactions with her) which leads to me he's the MD version of a mental-health professional.  In line with the -iatrists I've seen Peter behaves, serious, stern, and clinical.  The -ologists I've seen I usually much more laid back and personable, usually since they try and to take on the role of someone comforting to talk too.

I know, I know, I'm thinking about it way, way too much.

Anyway, Lisa's friend, Michelle, is far, far, better looking than Lisa. Love the scene of her laying on the couch with the slit-skirt on while wearing some sassy boots.  And seeing the small of her back as she stands and walks and such during the "sex" scene with Doofus Underwears.

Yes, I find the small of her back attractive.  I'm weird.