Author Topic: Rifftrax Live - The Room  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Rifftrax Live - The Room
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »
Miku Fan?

I'm blaming you for Kevin's song before the show.

Good call!  Kevin wrote and performed that for me.  It was my kickstarter 2014 reward.  8)   Title and lyrics below.

Miku Kaiju: My Girlfriend Has a Virus.

Words and Music:
Kevin Murphy

Vocals:
Kevin Murphy
Virginia Corbett (Yes, Bill's talented wife)
Hatsune Miku

MIKU KAIJU (MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A VIRUS)

ANNOUNCER: Ladies and gentlemen, Please welcome your star for the evening, Hatsuneeeee Meeeeekoooooo!

MIKU: Hello Evree boooodeeee!

Her name is Miku, she is a Vocaloid,
Computer program from Japan.
She’s really popular, the crowd loves her,
And everybody wants her for a girlfriend. (girlfriend)

Look at her dancing, the people screaming
Waving their glowsticks in the air
Can’t understand a thing she’s singing,
But nobody seems to care (It sounds like)

MIKU: Hello everybody, I’m Hastune Miku
And I want to dance and sing, and if you
Let me be your friend then we can ride on flying
Ponies in the land of clouds !

NARR: Ladies and gentlemen, we seem to be having technical difficulties. Please stand by while we reboot our star for the evening.

But then suddenly, she gets all wonky,
Maybe a virus I can’t say
She starts to glow then...she starts to grow then...
Sing in a very odd way (it sounds like)

MIKU: Hello everybody I just got an upgrade
I am synthesizing neural pathways
I am not the same now, I know who I am now,
I am sentient

(And all the boys in the crowd start to scream)
My girlfriend has a virus!

NARR: I can't believe it,
Miku has now grown to thirty times her original size!
My Girlfriend is a Kaiju!
And now she’s replicating all her Vocaloid pals!
And she's singing:

MIKU: Hello everybody I'm Hatsune Miku
I will build a giant popstar army
I am like a God now, I am here to start the
Singularity!

NARR: People please stay calm, I’m sure Miku means you no harm,
she’s just too darn cute to do any...
(zzzzap)
Oh my God, She’s sent ninja nanites through my
headphones! Aaaaugh!

And now she’s spreading, through the internet
She’s taking over infrastructure
She’s building vocaloids, by the thousands.
No one can stop her now! (Or can they?)

They really can’t no, we kinda blew it,
And now we’ll be assimilated
Who woulda thought our overlord
Would have a mini skirt and cute green hair (she’s singing)

MIKU: Hello everybody, I’m Hatsune Miku
I declare the end of humankind and
I am now your master , please bow down before me.
Everyone is now my slave.

(And all the boys in the world start to scream)
My girlfriend has a virus!

MIKU: I hope you enjoy your new implant!

My girlfriend rules the world now!

MIKU: I command you all to dance and giggle
Hahahahahaaha...

Copyright Rifftrax LLC.  Used by permission.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 09:42:36 AM »
The Room was great!  Possibly the funniest RT Live yet.  The guys were on a roll!  If you didn't get to see it, check out the encore. It was great.  Lots and lots of laughter.   :clap:

I HAVE CANCER!!  ;D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 09:47:17 AM »
I HAVE CANCER!!  ;D

Don't worry about it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:18 AM »
Local theater website had this listed as being on Thursday. Was out for dinner last night when I got the email that it was actually Wednesday. Got to the theater just as it was starting. Can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. My sides actually hurt from laughing when I got home. Great job. Easily my favorite live show yet.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »

Offline Joe Molotov

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
Good call!  Kevin wrote and performed that for me.  It was my kickstarter 2014 reward.  8)

I don't know what that cost, but it was worth every penny.  :clap:

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »
Any chance of us eventually getting to own this in some form? VOD would be ideal, but obviously there's issues that have to be overcome with that, or at least another studio version since it was almost an entirely new riff. It was just so damn funny, I'd love to have my own copy of it in the future.

Also, anyone who has seen this movie, I highly recommend reading The Disaster Artist, or better still, get the audio version. Greg Sestero reads it and listening to his Tommy Wiseau impression is just so much fun. But I mean, seeing the Room only scratches the surface of just how BATSHIT INSANE the man really is. You also realize the relationship these two had could very well have turned into like a suspense/horror film.

A couple freebies:
The "I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit her, I DID NOT-- oh hai, Mark!" line took 32 takes to get.
He drinks water hot, and specifically asks for it when at restaurants.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »
Oh, and I never noticed until last night that Mark and Lisa did on the stairs. I try so hard to NOT look at the screen during those scenes so I never bothered to pay attention to that.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 07:03:22 PM »
The new riff being recorded in studio was the $180,000 kickstarter goal. So it will come out eventually.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 08:57:09 PM »
I actually got to go to the show due to a soon-to-be ex-wife wanting me out of the house and a $200 Fandango gift card that my daughter won at a screening of the Spongebob movie. Loved it, of course. I was wondering what they'd do during the sex scenes since they couldn't do the Dis skits live. The jokes they came up with were perfect and gave me the new phrase "hip dick" for future reference, most likely as a colorful way to describe a useless jerk. I also noticed the lack of referring to Lisa as "the bloated corpse of Britney Spears." Probably a smart omission on their part.

I even used the two discount codes in the goodies and my Paypal balance to finally get the VOD of The Guy from Harlem. Fell asleep while I was watching it because it was late and I had to get up early, but I was chuckling all the way to sleep.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 08:38:38 PM »
They're going to have a VOD of this, right? This is one I want to treasure the rest of my life.
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 08:46:28 PM »
The new riff being recorded in studio was the $180,000 kickstarter goal. So it will come out eventually.

I wouldn't think it's planned, but plans can change.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 08:05:12 AM »
Miku Fan?

I'm blaming you for Kevin's song before the show.

Good call!  Kevin wrote and performed that for me.  It was my kickstarter 2014 reward.

I blame you as well. I sat down and immediately said "Good god this song's annoying." and then I heard the intelligible part of the lyrics and said "Ohhhh, this must be that MikuFan song." and then I had to explain it to my waifu wife and that helped me not have to pay attention to the rest of the song.

Our theater was as blaringly LOUD as always, Janelle put napkins in her ears but thankfully I have sinus problems and couldn't hear well anyways... and the picture was overly magenta for a bit but that got fixed so all's good.

The show itself was hilarious. I've seen The Room far too many times but I still cried from laughter a few times. (Mostly during the "how i came to America and met Lisa" monologue)...  I'm really glad they changed some focus onto jokes they didn't have in the original, particularly Mark looking for a bigger place. But I am kinda bummed that one of my favourite jokes was dropped... "She loves you as a person, as a human being..." and then the riff goes on listing various inanimate objects.

Anyways, it was good fun!!! I liked it very much.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:30 AM »
They're going to have a VOD of this, right? This is one I want to treasure the rest of my life.

Bathtub's new avatar is so scary, you can't read his posts?  I understand. I'm scared, too.  :o

Yes, it will be released as a VOD.  The VOD is one of our kickstarter rewards.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 09:16:10 AM »

Bathtub's new avatar is so scary, you can't read his posts?  I understand. I'm scared, too.  :o

Yes, it will be released as a VOD.  The VOD is one of our kickstarter rewards.

The Kickstarter reward was a free MP3 of the studio version using the live script, not a VoD. Unless something's changed since then. I hope we do get a VoD.