Author Topic: The "Humanoid Woman" Effect  (Read 524 times)

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
The "Humanoid Woman" Effect
« on: May 02, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
I have a soft spot for the early years of MST3K particularly the KTMA episodes when Joel and Trace were such hippies and people who weren't entrenched in the counterculture in one way or another wouldn't get some of the jokes. I particularly dug Phase IV and Humanoid Woman and of those two the latter has to be my favourite. Part of the reason is a real oddity in movie riffing: I actually REALLY LIKED this movie. It was still humorous to me to watch the gang make jokes about despite my liking it. But I liked it a LOT: the music, including the Kraftwerky stuff and the Residentsy stuff - I loved the whole theme about the environmental hell of Dessa - this movie having been made before global warming was a thing people talked about - I liked the girl who played Nea since she looked like she was tripping all the time, And I loved the ending where she bonds with a cat. It's like this movie was made for me.

I can't think of any other movies on MST3K or Rifftrax that I liked so much while still enjoying the film being made fun of. Now of course, I am curious: has this ever happened to you? And if so, which film...and why?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:53:53 PM by MerryWanna »
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot