login

Author Topic: What did we learn?  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
Re: What did we learn?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 09:56:20 AM »
Fair to say.  I couldn't believe it when, seconds after the second Gamergate reference, they let a "Shut up, Wesley!" line go completely untouched.

I really wanted a "Shut up, Wesley!" too. :(

Offline Lunquewill

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »
I learned that this movie has quite a lot of Canadian bacon in it. Especially trying to pass off Toronto as New York City and a VIA rail terminal as American. I also learned that there was quite a bit of product placement here, even in the closing credits. How much of that paid for Meat Loaf's appearance?

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2163
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »
I learned that the kid who played Wesley would end up in Mean Girls almost 10 years later as "Farting" guy! Now THAT'S a career arc!

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »
I also also also also also learned that there's apparently a requirement to crowbar in a reference to Gamergate somewhere in every single VOD.

I thought it had been a little while since the last one (maybe I missed a few).  In any case, it wouldn't feel so awkward and forced if the all the jabs weren't so hopelessly misinformed and blatantly one-sided.

Not to mention that Gamergate was like was like 2 years ago. And still making jokes about it.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 10
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 11:39:55 PM »
I learned that a yeti has prominent and easy to find genitalia underneath all that fur.

I learned that a yeti will get sick and die in warm weather, but only when it is convenient to the plot.

I learned that the writers can't really write a distinction between a child who is simply spoiled and bratty.... and one that is truly dangerously sociopathic.  I mean, Wesley was prepared to murder Amy, and he electrocuted several maids purely for pleasure.

I learned that you can bury a person face down in a snow bank on a busy street, where he is obviously trapped and in distress, and nobody will stop to investigate or call 911.

I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.