Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 9506 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:03 PM »
And while I wait for the EA conference, more Goat Simulator news: MMOre Goatz on the way. Well, they're making money.

And now, the EA trainwreck, which won't be as bad as the Ubi one.

And we start with a bang. Johnny Cash and Mass Effect: Andromeda. It's out next year.

Then EA promises 3 new IPs, Mirror's Edge and "A living sports legend" plus Star Wars. SW: Battlefront will be at the end of the show.  First up, cars! Need for Speed. Go to Venture Bay, build rep (Goblin Rep. They run Venture after all) and run through five different stories. Customize! Oh, and I guess you can drive too. Oh. Live action cutscenes. Yay. Dubstep too. Double yay. I am glad to see though that the person allegedly driving in this bit hits as many random objects as I do.  Nov 3

And EA is popping up banners on screen letting us know what's up next. In this case, it's Star Wars: The Old Republic. Hey, there's an expansion later this year, Knights of the Fallen Empire. More story! More like KOTOR! Oct 27.  Aw, those kids just build a lightsaber. I had to quest for mine and beat up a Twilek. Very nice CGI work though.

A reminder, SW: Battlefront is later! Stay tuned! Now, new IP- Unravel. You're a kitten made out of yarn? Aw. There's a real life version of him. Cute. Anyway, you're using yarn to connect the missing parts of your life in a physics based game. And the yarn follows you everywhere.

Danger zone! Oh, it's Garden Warfare 2 again. Rats. A new Top Gun game would be nice. Or even an Archer game. Anyway, GW has had 6 million players. Zombies grabbed the suburbs and now the plants must attack and get it back. And LIVE GAMEPLAY DEMO! (Bingo spot.) With giant robot zombies.I'll admit, watching the gameplay it looks like it might be mindlessly fun, but I don't think I'll be going out of my way to play it. Oh, and there's a single player mode too. Plus, folks who actually did play GW can transfer their stuff to the sequel. Plus constant free content updates to reward the players and make sure the game doesn't end up deserted like Titanfall. (cough)

And now (sigh) EA sports.  First up, Hockey. And I think we got a quote from "Miracle" there. You get a league! Grats, NHL players. Then over to golf! (Those fantasy course do look amazing too.) Next- Ultimate teams! Buy cards and stuff!  I'm not sure how that works with golf, but hey, let's run with it. And training modes in all games! Wow! Over to NBA Live! You can scan in your face and get it in game. Not really a gameplay feature but yay? Maybe for a "Road to the Show" style playmode? Note to NHL fans, they've now spent about 3 times as much time on the "make your face" thing than they did on NHL 16. Enjoy!

And now mobile games. I guess we'll get back to FIFA and Madden. You can play them on your Apple watch now too! And Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. It's a mobile CCG game. Yep. They want that Hearthstone money. Next up, Minons paradise. A builder game featuring the guys from my Banana Twinkies.Oh, I mean the Despicable Me films. And Mass Effect fans? This segment is five minutes longer than our look at ME:A. Enjoy!

British voices! That must mean Feeeefa. Oh, hi Pele.  He gets a standing ovation as well. Yeah, no snark while you're on the screen. Geez. He's 74. He looks 30 years younger. He speaks to the EA guy for a while and then wanders off.  Now that the legitimate sports legend has left, back to the EA show. The new FIFA allows you to dribble and pass the ball, sometime through a group of defenders. Oooooh.  And women's teams are now in the game. Take that, Assassin's Creed! And note NBA fans, I'm pretty sure that the WNBA folks aren't in that one. Oh, and Feefa players get a Pele card in their ultimate packs as a gift.

What the heck? Where'd that 2 pt font size comes from? Oh, hey. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. Oepn world-ish. No levels. No loading screens. Story missions. Side quests. Still a gorgeous art style. Feb 23, 2016. (In Game Footage! Bingo space.) You know, Faith may not use guns, but I'm pretty sure kicking someone out of the window of a skyscraper is pretty lethal.  And this may be the first martial arts fight under falling cherry blossoms in a videogame. Purdy.

And Madden, featuring the Patriots. Who get booed by the crowd. Blah, blah happy talk. Fantasy drafts every day. Yeah, take that fantasy draft sites that advertise during my shows. And the crowd boos the Seahawks too. Fickle crowd.

Peter Moore, evil incarnate, now appears. It's something by Dice. Oh, Star Wars Battlefront.  I'm truly surprised. After babbling for a while we get *Gasp* actual gameplay! I'm sure TB is griping about the size of the gun models as I type this. Anyway, it looks very, very nice. Nov 17.

Up next- the hand grenade that is Ubisoft.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:25:25 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 03:05:51 PM »
And Ubi. This could be very good or it might be more girl wood.

And the first announcement: South Park: The Fractured But Whole.  It's superheroes this time. And Matt and Trey arrive. Well, might as well just drop the mike now. "We said that we'd never make another video game, but we're whiny bitches. Plus at the end of Stick of Truth, we kinda figured out how to make a good video game."

Aisha Tyler babbles for a while and then the Ubi CEO arrives.And he's got a surprise. It's a new IP. It's got knights and vikings. And samurai. And accountants? Well, no. Not those. It's "For Honor" a melee based "team game play" game.

Expansion packs! The Crew: Wild Run. Aisha notes that you can not drive to the moon. But the expansion pack gives you nitro burning funny cars and monster trucks. Trials Fusion: Awesome Level Max! With fire breathing unicorns! And triple rainbows!

The Division. And after years, we see gameplay. Over in New York, the lights are still on, somehow. You'd think transformers would blow or something after a lot of people die from viruses.  Apparently it can be very backstabby in the game. Hands on playable at the con though. Beta early next year. Geez. We're still a year out? March 8, 2016 release.

City Builder time. This time it's off planet! It's on the moon! You know, that place you can't drive to? Gameplay shows that you start on Earth and when you're good enough, you're moon-bound. Anno 2205. Nov 3.  And hopefully, the moon stuff comes early as I never got too far in the Anno games and don't really want to suffer through another Earth city builder for too long.

Aisha interviews a cosplayer from AC: Syndicate before we plunge into Just Dance 2016. Wow. Awkward segway there. And it's the "Biggest music game of all time!" At least until OCt, when Rock Band smashes it like a grape.  And while someone who I don't recognize sings, I'll note that you no longer need a camera for the game. You can now use a smart phone to replace the Kinect or Wii monitor or whatever PS uses. Well, that's actually good. Oh. Jason Derulo. And he's hitting on Aisha. Aw. It's like a terrier trying to catch a mack truck.  Also announced, a streaming service for the songs.

More games. Rainbow Six Siege. Hey, it's Angela Bassett. Well the room just became much, much classier. Gameplay - Solo, Co-Op, Vs.

Trackmania heads to the consoles. Includes a "Just randomly create a track for me" mode, which looks rather useful for fans.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Still set in London. This time you've got an Oliver-esque cast of orphans to assist you. I hope they sing. In South Park: Assassin's Creed, they'd sing. It's another AC game. Demos available at E3 or in 7 cities across Europe and Oz. No mention of laaadies though.

Back to the CEO. He's got a surprise. The return of an old property. You're taking out South American drug cartels. I'd say JC3, but that's Squeenix.  It's open world. It's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Well, that is a surprise.

Not bad. Aisha swore less than last year, where she swore like a sailor. A couple of surprise announcements.

Up later- Sony.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:12:54 PM by Compound »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 03:07:21 PM »
Oh hey, Ubisoft actually got someone who's a good public speaker.  Ashia Tyler's great.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »
That new Rainbow Six game looks great but only if you have a solid group of friends to play together every time. Hopefully I'll be able to work something out when it comes out.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
Ooh! More Anno! I'm fairly hooked on that series.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
Initial list of backwards compatible titles for XB1.

We're about 5-6 months before it's supposed to launch, so it is a bit light.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »
Sony Time.

Sooooo many smartphones in the crowd. And we start with a montage of Sony stuff. I spotted what's his name from Kingdom Hearts in there.

First up- Wow! PS4 is powerful! We're strong! And gamers come first, which is the theme of every conference so far. First title is long anticipated by the community. It's got Friendship and stuff! Japanese director. I'm guessing not CoD. Giant puppy bird thing! If this is what I think it is, folks are going to freak. Well, hell has indeed frozen over. It's The Last Guardian. 2016 release. The director is out sitting in the audience.

New IP from Guerrilla games. Post apocalyptic "after the cities fell." Stone age hunter hunting giant robot critters. Not sure why since, you know, no meat on them. Horizon: Zero Dawn is the title.

Squeenix. "Moroccan Bank Scandal!" Well, Kingdom Hearts 3 is off to a weird start. Oh, it's Hitman. Huh. Did that go exclusive? Oh, no. Console and PC. Beta first on PS4 and 6 exclusive contracts for them too.

Now up, console exclusive Street Fighter V. Apparently Cammy's in it. PS4 (And PC) only. Beta July 23.

Hello Games arrives to show off No Man's Sky. "Every point of light is a sun." Well, yes. That is how it works. You do stuff in it!

Now "The genius minds of a studio challenge how we create." It's Media Molecule and "Dreams." You  explore people's dreams and use the system to build your own.

Up next- "Firewatch" an "intense mystery in the Wyoming Wilderness where your only lifeline is the voice of a woman on the other end of the radio."

Hey,remember Destiny? Well, there's an expansion. Gosh I hope Peter Dinklage  sounds as disinterested in this one as he did in the base game. New stuff exclusively on PS4.

Cameramen? Please stop showing the damn crowd instead of what's on screen. That adds nothing to the presentation.

Over to Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. Oh, hey. A twin sister. You would have thought that Ubi might have mentioned her in their confer... wait. How does that work in game? You only go back to your ancestors. They can't both be... well, okay. I guess you can, but ew.

Final Fantasy, and not FF XV.It's got chibi FF heroes and monsters. World of Final Fantasy, a PS4/Vita exclusive.

More Squeenix. A beloved title. And it looks like the rumors are true. A Final Fantasy VII remake. Well, son of a bitch. That's going to sell some systems. First to PS4.

Devolver. 4 games. Ronin, Mother Russia Bleeds, Eityr, Crossing Souls. Crossing Souls has a neat 80s cartoons vibe to it.

Kickstarter titles? Shenmue 3. And it just went live.

And over to Arkham Knight. Next week, BTW. PS 4 exclusive Scarecrow missions.

And Kickstarter is getting hammered. Geez.

Finally, Project Morpheus, the VR thingee.

Oooh. PS is offering a "pay per channel" option for cable channels. Please let that happen.$30 a month for the channels I actually watch would be great.

And Activision -  Call of Duty Black Ops 3. Looks like Sony tossed more money at Activision than Microsoft this year.  I don't see the folks who've been playing on XB for years suddenly switching platforms though. Oh, and there's multiplayer in BOPs3 too. CoOp vs enemies and deathmatches too. What an incredible development! Anyway, PS4 gets map packs and betas first.

$207k pledged for Shenmue so far.

Oh, hey. Vita. Amplitutde. Persona Dancing All Night. Tony Hawk. Ratchet & Clank.

And Star Wars music. And instead on Battlefront, we see Infinity3.0. PS4 gets an exclusive edition, with a month lead on any other platform. PS4 gets Boba Fett before 2016 as well. And Battlefront shows up now. At the EA panel, they made a point to note that "it was shown from PS4 hardware" during their presentation. "We're the console destination for Star Wars."

Shenmue? $428k.

And now to close the event, a title that needs no introduction. It's Uncharted 4, in case you do need an introduction. And after the intro, Nathan Drake just stands there for a minute. And then they reset the console. Awesome.  Well, at least it wasn't a prerendered demo. Hell of a car chase to start that game.

And it's over. Well, it started off slow, but then boom. The "We'll never do that" release of an HD FFVII.  That's going to be enough to move a lot of units, even with timed exclusivity.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:36:00 PM by Compound »

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 632
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
when is bioware up?
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2913
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »
Jeeze, I am a Nintendo guy, but E3 has had some pretty amazing announcements so far...

Glad I don't have time to play games or I'd have to choose which other system to buy...
FINE

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4865
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »
Initial list of backwards compatible titles for XB1.

We're about 5-6 months before it's supposed to launch, so it is a bit light.
Ah yes, Viva Pinata. Fridge Horror for Kids!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »
when is bioware up?

Earlier today at the EA conference. They're not having a separate panel. SW: TOR expansion in fall and ME:Andromeda next year.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »

See that spike? Guess when that happened.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2913
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »

See that spike? Guess when that happened.

1997?
FINE

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4865
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
I just wish they'd have picked 8 or 9.  7 is going to require major model overhauls.  You can't just tack on high-rez textures like you can with other HD remakes or ports, like Beyond Good and Evil or FFX.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »
Oh, they've said before that they'd basically have to completely remake it. I'm guessing that things at SE got dire enough that they hit the "Well, we don't have a choice" point.