Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 9507 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4869
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2015, 04:33:02 PM »
Wish it was for the 3DS.  I'd like to see Nintendo release Starfox 2, eventually.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2015, 05:00:25 PM »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2913
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »
Glad it's not for the 3DS - The Wii U wouldn't have had any exciting new announcements if that were the case :P

Man, that Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem trailer is bananas.
FINE

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »

Oh, that's what the hell that was. 

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »

Oh, that's what the hell that was.

I have to say, that trailer turned it from a game I was all over, to a game I am waiting on reviews for.
FINE

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
PC Games Conference. Final one, thankfully.

And it begins with someone upgrading a PC accompanied by classical music. And dew, served in a glass. Montage! Civ! Papers plase! Half life! Crusader! Wing Commader! Grim Fandango! Diablo! Shovel Knight! Someone crying! Minecraft! Wow, that was pretentious!

And our host, Sean "Day 9" Plott, who needs to adjust his tie. Very different vibe than the other panels. More talk show-y.

First up, Killing Floor 2. Still in early access. More stuff enroute, but the developer is a wee bit rambly. But a secret project! Looks Vietnam-y and the music suggests that too. Why can't any Vietnam game have a nice dubstep soundtrack? Oh, yeah. Historical accuracy. Anyway, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Neat.

Up next, a video recording from Chris "Star Citizen" Roberts, who is too busy diving into his money vault to attend. CR is doing mo-cap stuff for the ground game. PC gamers, you helped fund this! We'll have stuff there next year! Now, back to eating my Faberge eggs.

The Chief Gaming Scientist from AMD arrives with a briefcase. Hmm. I wonder if I can change my job title to that? We're not a gaming company, but I'm sure the boss wouldn't mind. New Raedon cards released this morning, the R9 380. I switch attention to watching Unity and most of the Freedom Five fight the Ennead for a minute while they chat about video cards. Hey it's Mr. Chompers! And Sean is handed a briefcase, which he can't open until later in the show. Then back to the video card chat. And the endless segment finally ends. Back to games!

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. "Wooos" from the crowd. They show off the new graphic engine. There's a lot of cucumbers in the shot. Not a euphemism, just a bunch of vegetables. Then some gameplay.

Someone in the audience shouts out "Half-Life 3" and Sean shuts them down. Total War time, accompanied by a dirgish rendition of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." I don't recall the peasants waving flags when I played Empire or Napoleon though. And the next one is Warhammer, who only make an appearance at the very end. It'll be all Warhammery, with spiky bits and all. And probably very buggy on release.

A brief pause to toss this in:

Now Phil Spencer, head of Xbox. Because PC Gaming. On PCs. (shakes head) Anyway, Win 10 is being designed to help developers make stuff for PCs and XB1 easier and cross platform and stuff. Oh, and Killer Instinct is coming to PC. And more folks joins the Xbox guru, folks from Fable Legends and Gigantic who talk about the games I covered yesterday. Then Rod Fergusson arrives to talk about Gears of War, which is also coming to PC. Goody. Xbox is losing a lot of exclusives though. Will Halo finally return to PC before this is all over?

And Day 9 sells out to put on a trucker hat and promote American Truck Simulator, the sequel to Euro Truck Simulator. Okay, I'll buy that one.

VR talk time, and my eyes start to glaze over again. Someone from the Eve company shows up to talk about their VR title. Day 9 plays it title in his usual "Oh, I'm not good at this at all" way. The game is quite pretty though.

FYI- Shenmue 3 is at 2.8 million at the moment. Yes, a bit bored.

The Day Z guy returns to talk about his game that isn't Day Z. He talks a bit about early access. "It's tough." His new game, Ion,  is about managing a space station. You now know 10,000% more about the game than you did last night. You're welcome. And apparently Ion had a bug where when you clicked on another player, all their organs fall out. Yeah, that seems like a bug all right.

And now, time to dance! Or play a demo of Strafe. Either or. Strafe is very voxel Doom-y.

A Pillars of Eternity expansion is announced- The White March: Part 1. I'm guessing Rachel Dolezal will be skipping this one. The CEOs of Paradox and Obsidian arrive to talk about the XP.

Checking Twitter, is appears that a fake Valve site announced Half Life 3. Not the real Valve,folks.

The Elite Dangerous head arrives, starts talking and then stops. Stage fright? Just forgot his speech?  He then resumes after a heart breakingly long moment of silence to talk about a new game, which is a revival of an old game. Planet Coaster, which I've never heard of, but looks cute. Very RollerCoaster Tycoon-ish.

Guild Wars 2 expansion. Yep, that will be out later this year. And to claim a guild hall, apparently you need to clear out a dungeon or something.  The word "Guild" is used an awful lot. Prepurchases open about 30 seconds ago.

Hitman. The developer actually looks like Agent 47. But his mike isn't on, which the crowd starts yelling about, to no avail. They end up using Sean's mike, which ends up looking like this:

Hitman looks good but I always saw it last night and earlier today, so not much more left to say.

The CEO of AMD arrives. Her mike actually works. She starts talking about brand new video cards and oh dear lord the room is spinning due to my complete lack of caring. It's like I'm listening to a life insurance sales pitch. Sean finally gets around to the mysterious briefcase, which he then drops on the desk. D'oh. Sean opens the case and it's a new GPU card. Which is probably broken. AMD shows off a little computer too:

From Bohemia Interactive, the Arma III folks announce an expansion. Tanoa. It's a series of very pretty islands and 100 sq. km of terrain to move around. 2016. The developers mention that dinosaurs would be great on the island. Hint, hint.

The Beyond Eyes creator appears. You're still blind in the game and it's still perversely very pretty.

Dirty Bomb. It's a team shooter.

Tacoma. You're exploring a space station. It's from the Gone Home people.

Soma, a game from the Amnesia people. It's an undersea horror game.

Day Z, this time with a guy who still works on the project. It's been on early access for 18 months now and apparently 18 still to go. There's a single player option on the way though.

We now hit the 2 hour mark of the panel.

Take on Mars, another thing from the Arma guys.More mutliplayer survivor stuff, but on Mars. And the Moon. And a space station.

Cliffy B arrives. He retired, got bored and then came back to gaming. It's "Project Blue Streak", a 5v5 shooter and it features a lot of AoE weapons, since the old folk can't aim well any more. Plus he needs a keyboard and mouse, not a controller.

Enter the Gungeon- a bullet hell dungeon crawler.  Yep.

Blizzard arrives to talk HotS. Heart of the Swarm? Oh, Heroes of the Storm and its first expansion, Eternal Conflict. It's a selection of Diablo arenas and champions. Templar, monk, The Butcher, Skeleton King and Dekard Kain gets to speak again. June 30 release for it. Oh, and treasure goblins spawns in it. And then Sean pushes for Starcraft II info but doesn't get anything other than "coming soon" and a 3 mission beta coming in July.

Oh, the final guest. Huzzah. And at the 2 hour 30 mark.  Oh, hey. It's PS4's No Man's Sky. Whoops. Guess it's not as exclusive as we thought as it's coming to PC. Simultaneous PS4 and PC release.
And some folks who were going to buy a PS4 are suddenly off that bandwagon.

Oh, hey. Many of the folks on the show were also sponsors. What an odd coincidence. Freedom! Now the attendees all head off to their various parties.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:32:26 PM by Compound »

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
In his house at R'lyeh, Dogmeat waits dreaming.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
Hes one of the Great Old Ones?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2015, 08:49:29 PM »
If Dogmeat cannot die he will be very OP. You could just send him into an area and wait outside until all the XP racks up. I guess it doesn't really matter because if someone is lame enough to play like that they deserve the boredom.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »
Finally got to take in the Nintendo conference.

Woo! Paper Mario! And Mario & Luigi! Together! As a huge fan of both, I can't wait.
Star Fox Zero looks awesome.
The new Animal Crossing Home Designer thingy looks like a trap that will rob me of hours and days of my life if I step inside.
The Animal Crossing board game- not so much. Maybe if it's more than just a board game, somehow. Need more info.
Metroid? Yeah. Need more info there, too.
Yoshi's Wooly World is a must-have.
Fire Emblem Fates is a must have.
Fire Emblem/Persona=????
Yokai Watch has my attention.
Mario Maker looks a lot more tempting than it did last year.
Triforce Heroes better be fun in single-player mode, because there's no way I'm gonna be able to round up a threesome.
I want that 8-Bit Mario Amiibo. Also, I'm not getting Skylanders, but I"m totally getting Magma Bowser. Probably Donkey Kong, too.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 11:01:28 PM »
I like your take on it Pak.

I am generally pretty positive about it too, although I don't have a 3DS, so there was very little to surprise me.

I think Nintendo will drop another title before the week is out though.

(No comment on Mario Tennis?)
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »
Mario Tennis is the series I keep meaning to pick up and never do. I can get into Mario as a baseball player, or a golfer, but for some reason I can never plunk down the money for his tennis games..

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »
And some of the overnight news:
*New PS4 media player.
*Faith can't use guns at all in Mirror's Edge. Most people tried the first one in pacifist mode, so not too surprising.
*Bethesda- "No, Fallout Shelter wasn't a money grab."

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
And apparently during the Sony presser, this was revealed:

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star.

You're still dating birds but there's a tank there...?