Author Topic: What Radical Things Did You Learn?  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
Re: What Radical Things Did You Learn?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »
His equipment was comically out of date.  If is tech was any less advanced his eavesdropping would be done by two cups attached to either end of a string.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline The Lurker

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 5810
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »
Or two people yelling to each other.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2017, 11:10:40 AM »
I learned that it's okay to have your movie hero, a tough Marine, hide like a four year old under the bed from nonthreatening villains.

Nonthreatening?  Roland had already tried to kill Jack twice.  Jack was bedridden and completely helpless.  What would you suggest he do?  Lie still in the open while Roland stabs him to death?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »
I learned that it's okay to have your movie hero, a tough Marine, hide like a four year old under the bed from nonthreatening villains.

Nonthreatening?  Roland had already tried to kill Jack twice.  Jack was bedridden and completely helpless.  What would you suggest he do?  Lie still in the open while Roland stabs him to death?
If it gets the movie over faster, then yes.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »
I learned this movie was far more tolerable than I thought it would be. And less Roadhouse rip-offy than I was led to believe.

I learned the less you have Billy Ray act, the better. (seriously I think Buck Flowers might have had more dialogue).

I learned Michelle is the better actor, but Deedee is the hotter sister. Though for some reason I was more drawn to her co-worker friend. And blondes are my kryptonite.  ???

I learned more about Japanese beer in this film than I knew in my entire life until this riff.

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 477
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2019, 03:03:55 PM »
I learned that the movie or TV show named "10 Minutes" plays on a TV in this movie, too (see also: Time Chasers) . It's near the one hour mark. Is this a director trademark?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:12:40 PM by eegah »

Offline aaronbaugher

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
And less Roadhouse rip-offy than I was led to believe.

Yeah, the protagonist is a tough guy who works in a bar in a small town, but that's where the similarities end. He's not a bouncer, and he didn't come there to do that. The bar and bartending are incidental to the story. It was just a job that happened to be available when he got to town, which coincidentally put him in regular contact with the girls.

I learned that when your hero goes through the "arming to the teeth for the final battle" scene, he should then make that irrelevant by walking into the final battle with two grenades in hand. Seriously, that's what he's supposed to do after his well-planned strategy goes wrong or he runs out of ammo; it shouldn't be his opening move.