Author Topic: What Radical Things Did You Learn?  (Read 9467 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1267
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: What Radical Things Did You Learn?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »
I learned that the twist of the story was that the waitress was the actual Navy Seal while Jack was just a drifter who had lost his mind after his family got blown up.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »
WARNING: THIS MOVIE CONTAINS THIS

And I learned that hick town waitresses are expert shots

I have no idea why that part of the movie suddenly turned into a Mentos commercial.

I learned that part of sleuthing eavesdropping includes parking your Jeep 50-feet behind the people you're snooping on, staying out in the wide, obvious, open, and sitting there in your Jeep while very obviously holding a listening device.

As a matter of fact, it turns out doing some underhanded spy/detective work involves a lot of keep yourself very much out in the open while wearing non-concealing/camouflaged clothing while very obviously holding various snooping devices.

I learned that being one of two waitresses in a hick-town bar pays pretty well!

I learned that some movies just didn't care about misogynistic overtones and just had a male character -a bad-guy, granted- stand there and beat up a woman for a couple solid minutes.  Most movies are foolish enough to imply what's going to happen and then cut to later with the woman in the hospital or something.  Nope, not Radical Jack! We get to see every moment of this  woman have the crap beaten out of her! Thanks, Radical Jack!

I learned that largish, boxy, flip-phones still existed in 2000 (!).  I mean, sheesh. I remember cell-phones from that era, the things we see these character use are easily from the mid-90s.  2000 flip-phones weren't quite that large and boxy.

I learned that memories are sepia tone.

I learned that being the provider of weapons to an international drug lord doesn't come with dental.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 01:14:48 PM »
I learned that apparently dressing your action hero like Bass Armstrong from the Dead or Alive games was something filmmakers did during the late 90s.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »
Seriously, Billy Ray has got to be the least memorable action hero I've ever seen.  His name is in the title and I forget the name of the hero!

Even the worst action movies at least try to make the hero the central focus of the action.  Here, he gets beat up, lies in a bed, and the love interest does at least half the work.

And this movie would have been a real classic if Billy Ray had run into the Castleton snob himself, Nick Miller
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:42:09 PM by Tony Farms AKA Puma Man »

Offline distantdrain

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 02:35:32 PM »
During the off-season, hockey arenas serve as warehouses for illegal arms deals.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »
Arms dealers like to solve disputes unarmed!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »
Seriously, Billy Ray has got to be the least memorable action hero I've ever seen.  His name is in the title and I forget the name of the hero!

He is pretty lame, yes. But even when he was all bandaged up and barely able to crawl, I still thought he could beat up the villain.

So I learned that the one way to make me sympathize with a murdering corrupt arms dealer IS TO MAKE ME AGREE WITH HIS DISAPPOINTMENT IN HIS LOSER SON!

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1267
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »

He is pretty lame, yes. But even when he was all bandaged up and barely able to crawl, I still thought he could beat up the villain.

So I learned that the one way to make me sympathize with a murdering corrupt arms dealer IS TO MAKE ME AGREE WITH HIS DISAPPOINTMENT IN HIS LOSER SON!

I know, really. I actually felt bad for the guy when he got shot.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
I learned that when shipping arms, including loaded pistol magazines, you only put a handful of bullets into the magazine as opposed to the dozen or more they usually hold.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
I learned that you don't have to put on pants when you administer first aid to your best friend who has just been brutally beaten by her jealous, possessive, psychopathic ex-boyfriend.

By extension I learned that one or more persons involved in the making of this movie thought that would be an appropriate time to show some skin, which I really wish I could UN-learn.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 04:57:32 AM »
I learned that you don't have to put on pants when you administer first aid to your best friend who has just been brutally beaten by her jealous, possessive, psychopathic ex-boyfriend.

By extension I learned that one or more persons involved in the making of this movie thought that would be an appropriate time to show some skin, which I really wish I could UN-learn.

Similar if a man you're hot for is laid-up in bed with numerous injuries -so likely in a lot of pain- and he turns you down because -you know- sex involves a lot of physical activity, you should feel rejected and take offense and not think that maybe sex is the furthest thing from his mind right now!  Dammit, woman! He hasn't drank his organic veggie-juice and woken up at exactly 7 AM  yet, what do you expect from him?!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:20:03 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 07:14:04 AM »

Similar if a man you're hot for is laid-up in bed with numerous injuries -so likely in a lot of pain- and he turns you down because -you know- sex involves a lot of physical activity, you should feel rejected and take offense and not think that maybe sex is the furthest thing from his mind right now!  Dammit, woman! He hasn't drank his organic veggie-juice and woken up at exactly 6 AM  yet, what do you expect from him?!
Yeah, that had me wincing in pain just watching that scene. The way he's bandaged up, he most likely has severe broken ribs, and probably internal damage. For all she knows, his dick isn't working at all at this point. You really think those violent thugs were NOT concentrating a lot of their hits on his junk?!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 07:17:39 AM »
I learned that whoever blocked the scene where the guy is talking on the phone, had been recently watching the Near Far segment on Sesame Street.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZhEcRrMA-M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZhEcRrMA-M</a>

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »

Similar if a man you're hot for is laid-up in bed with numerous injuries -so likely in a lot of pain- and he turns you down because -you know- sex involves a lot of physical activity, you should feel rejected and take offense and not think that maybe sex is the furthest thing from his mind right now!  Dammit, woman! He hasn't drank his organic veggie-juice and woken up at exactly 6 AM  yet, what do you expect from him?!
Yeah, that had me wincing in pain just watching that scene. The way he's bandaged up, he most likely has severe broken ribs, and probably internal damage. For all she knows, his dick isn't working at all at this point. You really think those violent thugs were NOT concentrating a lot of their hits on his junk?!

But he did go along with it for a minute there, just to see whether or not he had it in him just then. Gotta respect THAT. ^_^
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 04:36:50 AM »
I havent seen it yet but I wish to learn, does the movie prominently feature a K car?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.