Author Topic: Daredevil (Netflix series)  (Read 7804 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Daredevil (Netflix series)
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
Well the show launched today!

Got the kids in bed and was able to watch the first two episodes. I really enjoy it so far. It's dark but really well done. Looking forward to watching more tomorrow night.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
Re: Daredevil (Netflix series)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 05:22:17 AM »
Ive watched about half the episodes.  I am liking what I see. To bad I have zero interest in the other characters they are making shows for.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2914
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:19 AM »
Ive watched about half the episodes.  I am liking what I see. To bad I have zero interest in the other characters they are making shows for.

Zero interest because you don't know them, or you are familiar with them and don't care?

Iron Fist doesn't excite me, but the other two are great!

Just finished episode 7.

This is the best comic book tv series ever made.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 06:27:31 AM »
Up to episode 6, the writing could be a LOT better but it makes Arrow seem even more cheesy and dumb.  I hope there's a season 2 for them to find their feet and/or the second half of the series takes off like crazy
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 07:00:38 AM »

Zero interest because you don't know them, or you are familiar with them and don't care?

Just finished episode 7.

I just dont care about the characters, they dont interest me at all.  I would say its the best start to a comic tv series at least.  Its not as boring as the other Marvel shows and it doesnt have the sort of "teen drama" feel that bogged parts of the first season of Arrow down quite a bit. Its in The Flash a bit too, which can get kind of annoying.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:10:41 PM »
I just finished it and it was really fantastic! It was super fun to have an extended Marvel series to enjoy all at once. I'm not usually one to binge watch, but the MCU is pretty much my favourite thing.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce dates for the upcoming series. The fight scenes in this even make Iron Fist seem like it could potentially be interesting.

I wonder if the success and praise of this series will cause them to speed up a bit? Last we heard they were planning 'about a year' between each series, but that seems super unsustainable - That means no season 2 of Dardevil until after AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders. You can't really let your heroes age five years between outings, surely!
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:55 PM »

Just finished episode 7.

I just dont care about the characters, they dont interest me at all.  I would say its the best start to a comic tv series at least.  Its not as boring as the other Marvel shows

The first 10-12 eps of Agents of Shield were a total waste of time but it gets awesome after that
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:13 PM »

A non-plot related spoiler, but I'll spoil it, just to keep others from seeing the same thing and have it distract them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And Daredevil! Brought to you by Chocolate and Peanut Butter!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:40 AM »
And Daredevil! Brought to you by Chocolate and Peanut Butter!

Huh?
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »

Huh?

I generally enjoyed Daredevil, but they were awfully ham-handed with some of the product placement in the show. The brands of all the computers shown. The phone brands used. I can generally overlook that stuff. But then I see a webpage for a fake newspaper has a very real ad on it (and is the usual bright orange Reese's color so that it catches the eye on an otherwise white screen) and that screams out "Hey! We got paid to put this stuff in the show!" And not in the "wink at the audience" Subway and Community way:

But in the more "Please show a little bit more respect for the audience's intelligence" way, ala Superman II:

I shouldn't be noticing this stuff and when I do, it kinda wrenches me out of the show.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »
There is product placement fuckin everywhere so I usually dont care unless they focus on it for an unusually long time or they stop what they are doing to do a commercial.   

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »
Yeah, who cares? It just made it look like a real website.
FINE

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 05:28:22 PM »
I hardly notice brands anymore, I didnt even remember that Reeses ad until the image was posted.  Fake brand names actually pull me out of a show.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6260
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »
I've heard so many people saying how good this show is. My question is, do you have to already have an interest in the character Daredevil to get into it? I've always felt he's a boring "superhero", because he barely has any powers. Also, since it deals with the underbelly of the city, is this like a Film Noir? I can't stand that genre.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:09 PM »
My wife never liked the character and loved the show. She does like film noir, though the show isn't done in a film noir style (I only say that because she obviously has different taste from you).

They go for a The Wire feeling, and I think they are in that ballpark. It's a lot about organised crime, which do I remember you also not beign a fan of?

Interesting that you find him boring because he hardly has any powers. How do you find Batman?

In the end, if you have Netflix, give it a spin, You'll know really soon if it's for you or not.
FINE