Author Topic: Photo on the wall magically changes from a couple to a castle  (Read 820 times)

Offline Sajiky

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Just figured out that a bunch of RiffTrax films are now on Hulu (which is awesome btw).  And wow this movie is something else lol.

Anyway at the 1:08 mark (wife in bed touching her pillows).  Above her head there is a picture of a couple on the wall of their bedroom.   Apperantly they are swingers or something because the couple in the picture very clearly isn't them (which might explain the next bit).  The camera cuts away and when it comes back, the photograph has changed to what appears to be a castle or some large mansion or something  :clap:.

You gotta hand it to this movie though for the one stunning special effect.  I am amazed that the technology of the time was advanced enough to make that skeleton in the black dress move and behave almost as if it was flesh and blood.

Its quite the accomplishment really, with all of the horrendous special effects Vampira still manages to look like the most artificial thing in the entire movie.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:18:26 PM by Sajiky »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Photo on the wall magically changes from a couple to a castle
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »
Just figured out that a bunch of RiffTrax films are now on Hulu (which is awesome btw).  And wow this movie is something else lol.

Anyway at the 1:08 mark (wife in bed touching her pillows).  Above her head there is a picture of a couple on the wall of their bedroom.   Apperantly they are swingers or something because the couple in the picture very clearly isn't them (which might explain the next bit).  The camera cuts away and when it comes back, the photograph has changed to what appears to be a castle or some large mansion or something  :clap:.

You gotta hand it to this movie though for the one stunning special effect.  I am amazed that the technology of the time was advanced enough to make that skeleton in the black dress move and behave almost as if it was flesh and blood.

Its quite the accomplishment really, with all of the horrendous special effects Vampira still manages to look like the most artificial thing in the entire movie.

That picture was added by Legend films when they first did the colorization and restoration. There was some auction on ebay you could win. There are also names on tombstones too...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sajiky

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Re: Photo on the wall magically changes from a couple to a castle
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »
Really, that's pretty cool actually.  Smart way for them to raise a bit of cash on the side to heh. Although I can't imagine anyone would be willing to spend all that much for that though.

It does make sense I guess, cause unlike most continuity errors that would be a difficult one to have occur accidentally.