Author Topic: Sync line typo in readme  (Read 3750 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Sync line typo in readme
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »
The second to last sync line has a time of  2:01:59 on my rip I found it at 2:01:10. Usually the times are off by a few seconds to the readme but this one has sync line times off in all directions. Everything still syncs up just fine but that last one looks like a typo in the readme.

edit - in bold

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:02:40 PM by MrTorso »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Sync line typo in readme
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
Really? I synced it up using Audacity and then double-checked, but I suppose it could be off by a bit. Sorry about that, I'll check it out on monday.

Janitor

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »
I was looking for that little booger for a while. Kinda helps that I'm stooooopid. He he.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:30:40 AM »
Yep, same issue here.
Finally found it at the time you specified Torso.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:39:01 AM »
Weird, well is that the only one? Like I said I did sync everything up and double checked. If that's the only one then it could probably be a lot worse :)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 06:41:53 AM »
Weird, well is that the only one? Like I said I did sync everything up and double checked. If that's the only one then it could probably be a lot worse :)

Yep, that was the only one.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 09:11:03 AM »
Also, you didn't change the "Tired of refreshing" joke. :^)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »
I don't remember any other glaring differences. Most times for me when I am going through to make sure everything is synchronized, the early sync lines are 1-2 seconds behind the readme times and then after the halfway mark they start to get 4-5 seconds ahead of what the read me says.  I also should say that the time I posted above was for the DVD audio and not the rifftrax in the readme.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »
So glad this forum exists and that it goes back so many years!!  I am re-syncing this title and I couldn't find that damn sync line. Came to the forum to check if it was a known issue and lo and behold I had posted the answer 7 years ago!!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »
Doesn't help that even with the BR releases george made subtle edits so that you can never quite be sure. There are couple jokes in this one that are out of alignment because of it.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 05:14:17 PM »
Doesn't help that even with the BR releases george made subtle edits so that you can never quite be sure. There are couple jokes in this one that are out of alignment because of it.

Do you have a time frame??  I used the BRs for my first set of HD files (@ 720p) and I am pretty sure I have watched em and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I am now just going back and making 1080p files and I figured I would do a fresh sync.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 06:44:21 PM »

Do you have a time frame??  I used the BRs for my first set of HD files (@ 720p) and I am pretty sure I have watched em and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I am now just going back and making 1080p files and I figured I would do a fresh sync.

I don't have the time off hand, it's when Abadaba falls out of the skiff into the desert, and there is some joke about lasers and john williams being sad are screwed up. Something around there. Just keep an ear open when the yoda fight comes up.