Author Topic: Yannow... the jedi in the prequels suck!  (Read 20965 times)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: Yannow... the jedi in the prequels suck!
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »
Another thought came up.

Balance.

Balance the force, and the precious little prophecy.

There are a bunch of jedi. There are two sith. How exactly did the council of moderately deranged "wise elders" think that destroying all of the other side would bring "balance"? I mean, really, Anakin IS the chosen one! He DID restore balance. Before you had bunch of jedi, two sith. Now there are two sith, two jedi.

Yep, that's been my outlook on the whole "prophecy" thing. The downfall of the Jedi was that their pride made them think that they were more important than the Force itself. In my estimation, the Force was out of balance because there were too many light side users running around and after a thousand years of greatly outnumbering the dark siders, the Force had become a little threadbare on the light side, so "it" decided to clean house. Of course whether the Force has a consciousness of its own is up to debate . . . by nerds like me (us?).

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 08:34:41 AM »
It doesn't need to be conscious.  It could just be a natural balancing effect, like a predator that hunts all its prey away until there's not enough to live on and so the predator suffers for it.  In creating Anakin, the Force was merely balancing the excess of power held by the Jedi, and it had the ultimate effect of reducing the whole system to only a few practitioners.

I think the midichlorians did it.  I love the water.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:04 AM »
I hate sand . . .

Offline jedi2187

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • feets don't fail me now!
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »
"...it's harsh, coarse, gets into your shoes"
*slaps Anakin's hand" "Stay on your side!"
"yes, ma'am."
" LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. " -Roger Murdoch, Airplane!