login

Author Topic: RIP Leonard Nimoy  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 07:25:24 PM »
Supposedly Shatner was able to catch a flight and make it to the funeral.  Hope it's because he wanted to go, and not because people pressuring him.  He's free to grieve in whatever way he wants.

I'm sure he wanted to go, he simply felt he was doing what his friend would have wanted, raising a bunch of money for charity instead of cancelling to go to the funeral.

Well, some people don't like to grieve publicly.  And I could understand it even more for a funeral that is likely to have a lot of press there. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »
Supposedly Shatner was able to catch a flight and make it to the funeral.  Hope it's because he wanted to go, and not because people pressuring him.  He's free to grieve in whatever way he wants.

I'm sure he wanted to go, he simply felt he was doing what his friend would have wanted, raising a bunch of money for charity instead of cancelling to go to the funeral.

Well, some people don't like to grieve publicly.  And I could understand it even more for a funeral that is likely to have a lot of press there.

Ah, yes, there is that, I don't know what his history is on that kind of thing.

Edit: Just looked at the news about it and while he did make it back to LA on Sunday the funeral was over by the time he landed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:45:02 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »
Because he was in Palm Beach for the charity event (and it's near where I live) it's a hot topic around here. According to someone who was at the event, Shatner made a lovely speech about Nimoy and was clearly grieving. I think he did the right thing and should not be blasted by anyone for it.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 07:18:15 AM »
Edit: Just looked at the news about it and while he did make it back to LA on Sunday the funeral was over by the time he landed.
IF ONLY TRANSPORTERS EXISTED..  :'(

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:03 AM »
There is no excuse for the Hairpiece to not be at Nimoy's funeral. Nimoy reached out to Shatner like no other Star Trek regular did. They all hated him, Nimoy was the only one that tried to befriend him.

Shatner not being at Nimoy's funeral is a slap in the face. Frankly, Shatner should be more grateful that a man as talented as Nimoy should reach out to a hack like him.

Talk about your pieces of crap! Fuckin' guy will probly live forever... shilling Priceline.com for all eternity... fucking hack!

Ok, that's out of my system now.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 02:22:45 PM »
There is no excuse for the Hairpiece to not be at Nimoy's funeral. Nimoy reached out to Shatner like no other Star Trek regular did. They all hated him, Nimoy was the only one that tried to befriend him.

Shatner not being at Nimoy's funeral is a slap in the face. Frankly, Shatner should be more grateful that a man as talented as Nimoy should reach out to a hack like him.

Talk about your pieces of crap! Fuckin' guy will probly live forever... shilling Priceline.com for all eternity... fucking hack!

No it isn't. Shatner had an obligation to fucking charity. If Shatner had a different kind of obligation, then I would agree with you.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »

No it isn't. Shatner had an obligation to fucking charity. If Shatner had a different kind of obligation, then I would agree with you.

Even if he didn't have a charity event, it's none of our business how he grieves for his friend.  Nimoy was Best Man at Shatner's wedding.  The two were good friends, and I don't need to see paparazzi pictures of Shatner crying at a funeral.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:26:52 PM by Rainbow Dash »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »
Ok we are all making excuses for him now. Great. Fine, it's no skin off my balls...

I will just say, I loved Nimoy... I am borderline autistic, and Vulcans are autistic, we groove, man!

Live long and Prosper
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
Slanderous!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.