login

Author Topic: New MP3 Riff Now Available! "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2106
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: New MP3 Riff Now Available! "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 08:42:28 PM »
To be clear, I'm not saying it's great. People just seem to be expecting a disaster of Birdemic proportions, when it's really more of an X-Men-3-level disaster.

I would rather watch Birdemic than X-Men 3 any day of the week.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:47:19 PM by Edward J Grug III »
FINE

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »
"People just seem to be expecting a disaster of Birdemic proportions, when it's really more of an X-Men-3-level disaster"  Pak-Man 

:clap: :cheers:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8253
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
I have two movie collections: my physical DVDs and Blu-Rays consisting of movies I really like, and my Amazon digital movie collection made almost entirely of Rifftrax selections.....because I don't want them seen in my collection.

Because I use this media almost solely for Rifftrax, Amazon thinks I have really bad taste and preferences.

"You have bought 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. You may also like "Samurai Cop" and "Troll 2!"

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 10:39:15 AM »
Lembach,
     I also use Amazon a lot.  If your "purchase" a digital copy, do you get to download it and use it whenever you want?  Or do you have to log in and stream it each time?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2167
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 10:43:06 AM »
I have a toddler to further confuse Amazon, so it's like, "I dunno. You probably want to watch either Bubble Guppies or GI Joe: Retaliation..."

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
Youtube gets REALLY confused.  If I sign in, I see suggestions for Miku, weather videos, serial killers and  MST3k/Rifftrax.   It's rather embarrassing, if a friend is here: "Um, why do I see Manos, some Anime girl, and Ted Bundy as 'related' videos? We're searching for cute kitten videos!"

Answer:
Oh, that's just how youtube is!  :speechless:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 614
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »
I don't care what people think of my DVD collection.  Casablanca is sitting next to DUNE.  Glitter is next to Goodfellas.  Got a problem with my taste in movies?  Go home and choose something from your own collection.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:59 AM »
JTT,
    Is that directed at me?  It's none of my business what you collect.  If you are talking to someone else, or just talking out loud, I apologize.  Just want to make sure I didn't somehow offend you.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 11:09:55 AM »
Lembach,
     I also use Amazon a lot.  If your "purchase" a digital copy, do you get to download it and use it whenever you want?  Or do you have to log in and stream it each time?

It's yours Miku Fan san. You can download to two compatible download devices registered on your account. Do with it as thou wilt. You can stream it if you want; but you are not restricted to that viewing method.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 614
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 11:17:58 AM »
JTT,
    Is that directed at me?  It's none of my business what you collect.  If you are talking to someone else, or just talking out loud, I apologize.  Just want to make sure I didn't somehow offend you.
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, really.  Mostly, it was an observation about myself that was brought to mind by Lembach stating that he has digital copies of Rifftrax fare, so they won't be seen in his DVD / Blu-Ray collection.

I wasn't taking offense, nor did I intend to offend.  :)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
JTT,
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, really.  Mostly, it was an observation about myself that was brought to mind by Lembach stating that he has digital copies of Rifftrax fare, so they won't be seen in his DVD / Blu-Ray collection.

I wasn't taking offense, nor did I intend to offend.  :)

Yeah, basically I was saying I don't care enough about Rifftrax movies (ugh...that sounds bad....I mean the bad movies they riff on.) to get physical copies of them. The bad side effect is that Amazon thinks I have shitty movie taste.  :)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »
Thank you both, Lembach and JTT.   

I usually stream, because I RENT the movie.  But, as someone pointed out to me, the day may come when I want to watch one of those movies again, and will again have to rent it.  After a couple of rents, I've spent more money than it would cost to buy a digital copy.

JTT,  Thanks for the clarification.  I like everyone here (Except that one guy), and try not to be a pain in the ass, though assidents do occur. :-[
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
Sure the movie is bad, I'm guessing. But is it a funny riff?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »
Humor is subjective, but yes, it's a funny riff.   :cheers:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Online wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »
Finally got around to watching this. Terrible move, but a great riff. Really, really, really, really miss the days when more craptacular high budget movies like this were getting rifftraxed on a regular basis. As much as I hate to suggest a price increase, I would pay double for regular blockbuster blockbuster releases like this. The b-movie VODs are usually good to great, but I'd love a better mix of VOD b-movies and releases like this. Even a 25-75 split would be welcome.