Author Topic: New DuckTales series from Disney  (Read 8102 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: New DuckTales series from Disney
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »
New animated series based on "DuckTales" will launch on Disney XD in 2017
Quote from: Jim Hill
Yep. An all-new "DuckTales," an animated comedy series based on the Emmy Award-winning series treasured by a generation of viewers, has been ordered for launch in 2017 on Disney XD channels around the world. Set to be produced by Disney Television Animation, this new series will once again feature that feathered tycoon / adventurer Scrooge McDuck, his plucky grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and -- of course -- "Unca" Donald Duck.

" 'DuckTales' has a special place in Disney's TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks' comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults," said Marc Buhaj, Senior Vice President, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD. "Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation."

Mind you, Disney's relaunch of this much-beloved Disney Afternoon series wasn't entirely unexpected. Ever since Capcom & Disney Interactive released that "DuckTales Remastered" game back in August of 2013 (Not to mention how Uncle Scrooge's Lucky Dime and Money Bin popped up as pieces of the Disney Infinity universe), there have been whispers that The Walt Disney Company was planning to return to Duckburg.

But today's announcement -- which confirms that not only will Scrooge and his family be back but virtually the entire original "DuckTales" supporting cast (As in: Scrooge's faithful butler, Duckworth; ingenious inventor Gyro Gearloose; crash-prone pilot Launchpad McQuack; Scrooge McDuck's arch-nemesis Flintheart Glomgold; greedy sorceress Magica DeSpell; Ma Beagle and her bumbling brood, the Beagle Boys. Not to mention the nephew's nanny Mrs. Beakley and her granddaughter Webbigail Vanderquack) -- is really more than fans of 1980s-era Disney Television Animation could have ever hoped for.

But as to whether this relaunch of "DuckTales" will be done in hand-drawn animation (which is what the original 100 episodes that Disney Television Animation produced from 1987-90 were done in) or in CG, or whether any of the veteran voice actors who originally voiced Duckburg residents (EX: Alan Young, June Foray, Tony Anselmo and Russi Taylor. To name just a few) will be asked back to return to voice these much-beloved characters for this next set of shows ... Disney Channel officials weren't willing to say. Not yet, anyway.
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 01:01:06 PM »
I'm actually surprised that they have been coy about wether it's traditional or CGI.

Soguru

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 03:43:07 PM »
Traditional suits Duck Tales best I think. Also, there damn well be plenty of race cars, lasers and aeroplanes.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 04:34:01 AM »
Traditional suits Duck Tales best I think. Also, there damn well be plenty of race cars, lasers and aeroplanes.

Unfortunately at this point such plans are a duck-blur.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 05:24:17 AM »

Maybe we can solve the mystery?
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 05:25:43 AM »

Maybe we can solve the mystery?

We can try, but it's too soon to tell.  It's the nature of rebooted shows to re-write history.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 05:36:08 AM »
(An alternate version of the theme song I would accept.)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t8X_DPy9KSU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t8X_DPy9KSU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

gum.co/RFTthing

Soguru

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »
Meh... it's okay but it's not for me. I mean imagine James Galway covering something like Pantera and you'll see where I'm coming from.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:40:00 AM by Soguru »

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
I'm just wondering, if this is a success does that mean we could be seeing new Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, and/or Darkwing Duck series?
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 04:31:26 PM »
I would LOVE a new Darkwing series!

Soguru

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
I never could get into Darkwing Duck. Rescue rangers and Duck Tales were my shows.  :D  Speaking of, did you know Chip and Dale were designed after Indiana Jones and Magnum PI respectively?

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:02:23 AM »

I never read it, but I heard REALLY good things about Ian Brill's Darkwing comic that sadly had the plug pulled on it after Disney's purchase of Marvel.

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3653
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 08:57:16 AM »

I never read it, but I heard REALLY good things about Ian Brill's Darkwing comic that sadly had the plug pulled on it after Disney's purchase of Marvel.
Heard they were going to start it up again sometime.

Soguru

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »
I think there was an episode of Duck Tales where Scrooge goes all vigilante and dresses up as a superhero to fight crime or something? Was that the inspiration for Darkwing Duck?

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1377
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 04:42:26 PM »
I think there was an episode of Duck Tales where Scrooge goes all vigilante and dresses up as a superhero to fight crime or something? Was that the inspiration for Darkwing Duck?

I can't answer that, but I do know that Launchpad was on both shows. Which brings me to my point. Give Launchpad his own spinoff show.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D