Author Topic: About the end of the movie...  (Read 7537 times)

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: About the end of the movie...
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »
Also, there not lasers, they're optic blasts, which is like some crazy concussive heat energy or something.  And he can control the level and intensity:

He can either make them thick or thicker on his own and his crazy visor can help change the size and intesity as well.  check out the knob on the size of his visor next time you watch.  It's not a volume button.

I noticed that, too, and figured that the knob controlled the beam somehow, since he always put his hand on in before he started blasting away.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: About the end of the movie...
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 11:05:25 PM »
Now if I may trump your nerdiness:

While the vibration absorbing aspect of Wakandan Vibranium does make it tough it's material hardness is weaker.  Vibranium, for example, can be bent by your typcial strongman; only Thor and the Hulk have even dented Adamantium.

While it's hardness is not greater, Antarctic Vibranium has the property of reducing the hardness of other metals until they become liquid and has on at least one occasion caused Adamantium to melt (Avengers v2 #20 IIRC).

And Adamantium is theoretically weaker than the material in Captain America's shield which is ofter erroneously called Adamantium but is in fact an alloy of Wakandan Vibranium and another unknown material.  The shield was introduced in Captain America #2 way back in 1941 while Adamantium was invented after the foundation of the Avengers.  The official stance is that the shield is stronger than Adamantium.

Good lord . . . I revel in my nerdiness, but I had no idea the whole adamantium thing was that fleshed out. And vibranium is news to me. Guess my nerd strengths lie elsewhere (Star Wars, pretty much), though I do enjoy most of what I've experienced from the Marvel universe - generally just the cartoons and movies.