Author Topic: Live show camera shot feedback  (Read 51 times)

Offline bdclark

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Me, take me away!
Live show camera shot feedback
« on: June 10, 2019, 09:52:49 AM »
Most of the camera shots at the live shows have been good, but the zoom out shot of the crowd watching the screen really takes me out of the experience.  It's generally used a few times during the shows, and I'm not sure what the purpose is.  Here I am, hanging on Casper van Dien's every masterfully acted word and BAM we're zooming out of the screen to show the people in the theater watching along.  Maybe use it for the outro, but if it never gets used again I don't think anyone would really miss it.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Live show camera shot feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »
Yeah! I am not a fan of that shot either.... The worst was the first live show and when they would cut to the shot of the screen and the three riffers they would have them on the wrong side of the screen. They would be looking off to the left and the film was on the right.  That drove me nuts..
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 332
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: Live show camera shot feedback
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
It was prefect during, say, Starship Troopers when they had gorillas run through during that, uh, one scene. It wasn't horrible for Star Raiders, but, yeah, it might be better without it. I get they want to mix it up, but it is a tad distracting.