Author Topic: Kickstarter for RiffTrax Live 2015: The CRAPPENING! We riff THE ROOM + more!  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2015-the-crappening-we-riff-the-room

THE BASICS

Thanks to you, we have done two hugely successful Kickstarters over the past two years that funded us to be able to riff STARSHIP TROOPERS and GODZILLA (1998) + ANACONDA LIVE and simulcast to over 700 theaters across North America. These shows were a big hit, and this year we have the opportunity to perform FOUR RiffTrax Live shows with some of the most awesome bad movies ever. Are you ready? They are:

– THE ROOM!

– SHARKNADO 2!

– MIAMI CONNECTION!

– SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY!

It's a superfecta of bad movies. We call it... THE CRAPPENING.

We did it!  We got the rights to ALL these cinematic masterpieces. Woohoo!!! And we can't wait to riff 'em live. To seal the deal, we'd love your help again. The cost to secure the theatrical rights and for the production itself is beyond doing this on our own, but it does work out if we get a little help from our fans.

So, Kickstarter community, please be a part of our MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000-style funny commentaries for THE CRAPPENING, broadcast LIVE to hundreds of movie screens to a massive audience in a series of four one-night events on May 6, July 9, October 1, and December 3rd, 2015!
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Moca Java

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
How did you manage to get the rights to live riff The Room? I would have thought that impossible since Wiseau's people have always seemed ridiculously litigious when it came to the movie.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
How did you manage to get the rights to live riff The Room? I would have thought that impossible since Wiseau's people have always seemed ridiculously litigious when it came to the movie.
If it were based on merits, I'd say they threw a rock through Wiseau's window with a $20 wrapped around it.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 138
If it were based on merits, I'd say they threw a rock through Wiseau's window with a $20 wrapped around it.

Oh hai currency.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline GameUsagi

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
The Kickstarter page seems to imply there's no chance of Cineplex picking up Ice Cream Bunny or Sharknado 2 in Canada.  I recommend all Canadians that would actually like to see these to email Cineplex corporate on their site and encourage them to reconsider!

Offline goflyblind

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 6490
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
where do you see that? it still says that they've "expressed interest." ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline GameUsagi

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
where do you see that? it still says that they've "expressed interest." ???

Expressed interest in two of the movies.  Not the others.  The fact that the other two are not mentioned speaks volumes.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
$100,389 pledged of $75,000 goal,and in just a day or two....i want to see gamera as stretch goal.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:10:49 PM by Henry88 »
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
$100,389 pledged of $75,000 goal,and in just a day or two....i want to see gamera as stretch goal.

It got to $75K, their goal, within 10 hours or so after the Kickstarter opened.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
Yeah this is where they announce something bonkers for a 190k stretch goal.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Like going after Twilight again.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
I'm excited about the Room and this strange-looking Miami thing. But I'll probably wait for Sharknado 2 and Santa to come to VOD.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
i bet it will hit over 200,000.
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281

Only in the situation where they got permission first and then required the money.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"

Only in the situation where they got permission first and then required the money.

Heh.  Well spotted.  :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!