Author Topic: Kickstarter for RiffTrax Live 2015: The CRAPPENING! We riff THE ROOM + more!  (Read 27329 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
WHAT IF WE GET EXTRA MONEY, PAST OUR GOAL?

We raised past our goal in our last two Kickstarter projects and all of the money collected went towards getting the rights to the movies (plus getting the additional movie of ANACONDA), the production of the event itself, and in creating and fulfilling awesome rewards. It will be no different this time around.

Making these shows a reality will cost MUCH more than our base goal, and so if we raise more money, it will go towards movie acquisition costs, better production values, and towards all the great reward levels.

That's cool.  But, I wonder, if somewhere in the back of their minds, there are thoughts of a stretch goal bouncing around?  :highfive:

In that past the only stretch goals added has been an extra live show that was previously unannounced. I doubt they are going to add another one to that schedule.
FINE

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
WHAT IF WE GET EXTRA MONEY, PAST OUR GOAL?

We raised past our goal in our last two Kickstarter projects and all of the money collected went towards getting the rights to the movies (plus getting the additional movie of ANACONDA), the production of the event itself, and in creating and fulfilling awesome rewards. It will be no different this time around.

Making these shows a reality will cost MUCH more than our base goal, and so if we raise more money, it will go towards movie acquisition costs, better production values, and towards all the great reward levels.

That's cool.  But, I wonder, if somewhere in the back of their minds, there are thoughts of a stretch goal bouncing around?  :highfive:

In that past the only stretch goals added has been an extra live show that was previously unannounced. I doubt they are going to add another one to that schedule.

Once again, logic kicks my hinder.   :clap:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
 Wow, having a little extra money in the bank really has me wanting to blow some on one of the $1000 scripts from The Room show. 

Stick to the T-shirt level.... Stick to the T-Shirt level....  Stick to the T-Shirt level....

Damn it, 2 of those scripts are still up for grabs!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
I am excited for the shows for sure... The rewards are ok I guess. Nothing really there that makes me run to kickstart.  I am really most curious about the book shelf sized servo in the back of mike:

Looks like a standard book case so a full size servo wouldn't fit....
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff Super Monsters
I am excited for the shows for sure... The rewards are ok I guess. Nothing really there that makes me run to kickstart.  I am really most curious about the book shelf sized servo in the back of mike:

Looks like a standard book case so a full size servo wouldn't fit....

mike what happened to your eyebrows?
Cervantes smiled Spain's chivalry away;
A single laugh demolished the right arm
Of his own country; — seldom since that day
Has Spain had heroes.

where did all the happy endings go?, where could all the good times be.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
I think the $45 pledge is great. For $45 you get:

$12.95 Miami Connection
$12.95 Ice Cream Bunny
$9.99 extra full length rifftrax of your choice
$3.99 Mp3 riff
$0.99 short
$0.99 short

=$41.86

So it's really just a $3.14 tip to rifftrax to help get the shows made.

(Plus, if you are in the US, you get early access to buy the tickets)

AND the value of all of the above increases if you get access to the HD versions of the files?
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Wow, $66K already.

Offline goflyblind

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
maybe they'll beat the exploding kittens.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Wow, $66K already.

I know! This one is get funded by the weekend!

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
If studio versions of Sharknado 2 and/or The Room are announced, I'll change my mind.

I didn't mind not seeing the live shows last year.  I'd have paid even more for mp3's and shorts if I had to, with real blockbuster riffs becoming a thing of the past.   Live shows aren't really my thing, anyway.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
If studio versions of Sharknado 2 and/or The Room are announced, I'll change my mind.

I didn't mind not seeing the live shows last year.  I'd have paid even more for mp3's and shorts if I had to, with real blockbuster riffs becoming a thing of the past.   Live shows aren't really my thing, anyway.
Even with The Room show being on Wednesday you can't go?

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:

Even with The Room show being on Wednesday you can't go?
Honestly, working the graveyard shift makes live shows problematic for me any day of the week.  Also, I find audience laughter grating after about 30 minutes, which is just a personal social anxiety thing.  No one's fault but mine.

"Non live" riffs are my preference, that's all.  If they change their mind about the MP3's though, I'm totally on board, even though one legitimate new blockbuster would have been cool.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
5. All of these shows will have encores, so you'll probably have a few chances to attend.

That makes me extra happy. My mother-in-law/tyke-sitter won't sit on a work night, which for her is Wednesday - Saturday. Encores tend to be on Tuesdays, which work fine. :^)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
This is nuts. They're going to get this thing funded by the time the day is over! They're only 2-grand to go!  What kind of stretch goals could they come up with to keep some order of momentum to provide more funding for a better show?  Last year the stretch goals was another movie, Anaconda, but here we've got FOUR movies planned out over the rest of the year!  Stretch goals for even more live shows?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Aww, man.  They aren't offering a VIDEO thank you this time.  I really enjoyed watching those. Kevin kicked butt this year, with his reading.   :clap:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!