Author Topic: Kickstarter for RiffTrax Live 2015: The CRAPPENING! We riff THE ROOM + more!  (Read 27330 times)

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
I usually keep my mouth shut but I have to say something. The "something more inspired" comment. As someone who busts his butt on this stuff (and that's a fraction of the effort that the rest of the team puts in) and how much thought and care goes into these shows (Miami Connection is all new as well, and you get the VOD for the show) I can tell you that this was a hell of an inspired lineup and there isn't anyone here that isn't incredibly excited about this lineup.

If it's not for you, that's one thing - but the attitude, man. As someone who has shed tears in the effort to do well by the fans...I got nothing...
So...  Three things they've already done and no MP3 riff reward for Sharknado 2, the only new thing in the package.

Since I can't attend shows (always on Thursday, the one night a week I can't get off from work), I won't be dropping $75 this year.  Maybe they'll do something more inspired next year.  And not skimp on the MP3.

1. Just because we haven't announced Sharknado 2 as a reward doesn't mean it won't happen. It mainly means we haven't negotiated them yet. Anything can happen, really. Maybe even a VOD again?
2. THE ROOM and ICE CREAM BUNNY will both be completely new. They are rewriting THE ROOM basically from scratch, and ICE CREAM BUNNY is an alternate version with Jack & The Beanstalk instead of Thumbelina.
3. THE ROOM is on a Wednesday, not a Thursday.
4. "Three things they've already done"? When did the guys do SHARKNADO 2 or MIAMI CONNECTION?
5. All of these shows will have encores, so you'll probably have a few chances to attend.
It's just Dan being Dan..
Let it be like water off a ducks back.. :-X

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Pasting the FAQ

Which version of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny will you show?

This is the ALTERNATE print of ICB which includes "Jack and the Beanstalk" instead of "Thumbelina." It is an HD transfer of a film element we acquired - not only is it different from the one you've seen before, but it's also widescreen!
Last updated: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:05 PM CST

Which live events will be given as rewards?

Just to clarify, we have the guaranteed VOD rights for MIAMI CONNECTION and SANTA & THE ICE CREAM BUNNY.

But you've already done THE ROOM and ICE CREAM BUNNY.

We will be rewriting both of these riffs for the Live show experience.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Sharknado 3 releases in July, so I'm guessing the Sharknado 2 riff will be the July 9 date. I also guess that SATICB will be the December show (duh). That leaves May 6 and October 1 for The Room and Miami Connection. I'm going with May 6 for The Room, since they already have that (mostly) written.

THE ROOM - May 6th!

– SHARKNADO 2 - July 9th!

– MIAMI CONNECTION - October 1st!

– SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY - December 3rd!

Guess I shoulda looked at the Kickstarter page before posting that... :P

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
So no Live Show VODs of The Room nor Sharknado 2  :'(

BiteMe316

I've never actually seen "The Room".  Definitely going to be a first for me.   :o

Don't know about contributing, though.  That'll have to wait and see if I have any money left after paying bills next month.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:

They haven't ruled that out...they said somewhere on this thread that it's being discussed with the owners of the movies (words to that effect).
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...

They haven't ruled that out...they said somewhere on this thread that it's being discussed with the owners of the movies (words to that effect).
Oh cool! :o I missed that

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
You guys probably SHOULD make it more obvious in the Kickstarter that it's the alternative cut of Ice Cream Bunny - You only learn that in the FAQ section now.

Yeah I completely missed that.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff Super Monsters
eh why riff on Sharknado 2?
Cervantes smiled Spain's chivalry away;
A single laugh demolished the right arm
Of his own country; — seldom since that day
Has Spain had heroes.

where did all the happy endings go?, where could all the good times be.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Even the email didn't mention the new cut! Don't you guys want to hype this?!

(I haven't watched the promo video if it's in that)
FINE

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
also asked over at the kickstarter, but: canadialand?

"Our Canadian partner Front Row Centre and Cineplex have expressed interest in THE ROOM and MIAMI CONNECTION. We hope to have a solid announcement for Canadian screens in the coming weeks."

Edited to add:  I pasted that info from the kickstarter page...
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
eh why riff on Sharknado 2?

People enjoyed Sharknado and Asylum Films love the cross promotion possibilities.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Don't care a lick for Sharknado 2, the movie was more self-aware than the first one (and the first one was pretty damn self-aware!) and went a touch far on the antics.  I mean, come-on! Tara Reed, a few hours after LOSING HER HAND, is perfectly okay and is able to inside of a few minutes construct a prosthetic with a circular saw?!

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny?  Another meh. Some movies are painfully bad and this is one of them.  Enjoyed the first go-around, will go see this new version, but. Meh.  Doesn't blow my skirt up.

Miami Connection and The Room?!?!!?!?  Holly COW!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!  Tommy Wiseau becomes, sorta, cool and allows this!  Even the guys from Miami Connection have been pretty protective of their crappy little movie and are allowing this!  Now, you've got me in and these two I am excited for.

I hope that, like with this past week with the first Sharknado, down the road The Room and even Sharknado 2 can see VOD/DD . But I don't care, Miami Connection and The Room makes me THERE!

And the KS has only been up for a few hours and you're more than half way there! Awesome! Can't wait to see what stretch goals/rewards you come up with!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
WHAT IF WE GET EXTRA MONEY, PAST OUR GOAL?

We raised past our goal in our last two Kickstarter projects and all of the money collected went towards getting the rights to the movies (plus getting the additional movie of ANACONDA), the production of the event itself, and in creating and fulfilling awesome rewards. It will be no different this time around.

Making these shows a reality will cost MUCH more than our base goal, and so if we raise more money, it will go towards movie acquisition costs, better production values, and towards all the great reward levels.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
WHAT IF WE GET EXTRA MONEY, PAST OUR GOAL?

We raised past our goal in our last two Kickstarter projects and all of the money collected went towards getting the rights to the movies (plus getting the additional movie of ANACONDA), the production of the event itself, and in creating and fulfilling awesome rewards. It will be no different this time around.

Making these shows a reality will cost MUCH more than our base goal, and so if we raise more money, it will go towards movie acquisition costs, better production values, and towards all the great reward levels.

That's cool.  But, I wonder, if somewhere in the back of their minds, there are thoughts of a stretch goal bouncing around?  :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!