login

Author Topic: Kickstarter for RiffTrax Live 2015: The CRAPPENING! We riff THE ROOM + more!  (Read 28163 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2015-the-crappening-we-riff-the-room

THE BASICS

Thanks to you, we have done two hugely successful Kickstarters over the past two years that funded us to be able to riff STARSHIP TROOPERS and GODZILLA (1998) + ANACONDA LIVE and simulcast to over 700 theaters across North America. These shows were a big hit, and this year we have the opportunity to perform FOUR RiffTrax Live shows with some of the most awesome bad movies ever. Are you ready? They are:

– THE ROOM!

– SHARKNADO 2!

– MIAMI CONNECTION!

– SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY!

It's a superfecta of bad movies. We call it... THE CRAPPENING.

We did it!  We got the rights to ALL these cinematic masterpieces. Woohoo!!! And we can't wait to riff 'em live. To seal the deal, we'd love your help again. The cost to secure the theatrical rights and for the production itself is beyond doing this on our own, but it does work out if we get a little help from our fans.

So, Kickstarter community, please be a part of our MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000-style funny commentaries for THE CRAPPENING, broadcast LIVE to hundreds of movie screens to a massive audience in a series of four one-night events on May 6, July 9, October 1, and December 3rd, 2015!
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline goflyblind

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 6490
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
also asked over at the kickstarter, but: canadialand?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure - I'm just the messenger here. For stuff like that you're better off asking the social media and support folks. I'm just the video guy with an affection for the BB system. :)
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2106
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Can we assume there will be a studio riff of Sharknado 2?

(I've backed and am EXTREMELY excited about Miami Connection!)
FINE

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 188
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Sharknado 3 releases in July, so I'm guessing the Sharknado 2 riff will be the July 9 date. I also guess that SATICB will be the December show (duh). That leaves May 6 and October 1 for The Room and Miami Connection. I'm going with May 6 for The Room, since they already have that (mostly) written.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 614
So...  Three things they've already done and no MP3 riff reward for Sharknado 2, the only new thing in the package.

Since I can't attend shows (always on Thursday, the one night a week I can't get off from work), I won't be dropping $75 this year.  Maybe they'll do something more inspired next year.  And not skimp on the MP3.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Reserved my and my guest's seat at the Belcourt! 
Mike, Kevin and Bill: I had a blast meeting you all last year, and look forward to meeting you again this year!
Are you bringing Connor with?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
Sharknado 3 releases in July, so I'm guessing the Sharknado 2 riff will be the July 9 date. I also guess that SATICB will be the December show (duh). That leaves May 6 and October 1 for The Room and Miami Connection. I'm going with May 6 for The Room, since they already have that (mostly) written.

THE ROOM - May 6th!

– SHARKNADO 2 - July 9th!

– MIAMI CONNECTION - October 1st!

– SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY - December 3rd!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
So...  Three things they've already done and no MP3 riff reward for Sharknado 2, the only new thing in the package.

Since I can't attend shows (always on Thursday, the one night a week I can't get off from work), I won't be dropping $75 this year.  Maybe they'll do something more inspired next year.  And not skimp on the MP3.

Only two have been done before, and one is half new (It's a different cut of Ice Cream Bunny with the Jack and the Beanstalk story instead of Thumbellina)
FINE

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator

Only two have been done before, and one is half new (It's a different cut of Ice Cream Bunny with the Jack and the Beanstalk story instead of Thumbellina)

And the guys have been at work for a while rewriting The Room, so that will be largely new as well.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 236
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax

1. Just because we haven't announced Sharknado 2 as a reward doesn't mean it won't happen. It mainly means we haven't negotiated them yet. Anything can happen, really. Maybe even a VOD again?
2. THE ROOM and ICE CREAM BUNNY will both be completely new. They are rewriting THE ROOM basically from scratch, and ICE CREAM BUNNY is an alternate version with Jack & The Beanstalk instead of Thumbelina.
3. THE ROOM is on a Wednesday, not a Thursday.
4. "Three things they've already done"? When did the guys do SHARKNADO 2 or MIAMI CONNECTION?
5. All of these shows will have encores, so you'll probably have a few chances to attend.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty

And the guys have been at work for a while rewriting The Room, so that will be largely new as well.

That's great, but unless it's released as a studio riff, I'll never get to experience it (I'm in Australia)
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty

1. Just because we haven't announced Sharknado 2 as a reward doesn't mean it won't happen. It mainly means we haven't negotiated them yet. Anything can happen, really. Maybe even a VOD again?
2. THE ROOM and ICE CREAM BUNNY will both be completely new. They are rewriting THE ROOM basically from scratch, and ICE CREAM BUNNY is an alternate version with Jack & The Beanstalk instead of Thumbelina.
3. THE ROOM is on a Wednesday, not a Thursday.
4. "Three things they've already done"? When did the guys do SHARKNADO 2 or MIAMI CONNECTION?
5. All of these shows will have encores, so you'll probably have a few chances to attend.

Wish I could 'like' this post, Erik. Hint hint. ;D
FINE

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
   Speaking as an utterly happy fan, let me say, I'm utterly happy.  Rifftrax -all of you!-  have been and remain exceedingly nice to the fan base, as far as this fan is concerned.  From the newest moderator on the forum, to the big three guys, and everyone in between, thank you! You've been very nice to me, and obviously work hard to satisfy the fans.   I feel at home here, buy everything you have to sell, love all the live shows, and NO REGRETS!   :highfive:
Sincerely,
    Happy Fan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:59:34 PM by Miku Fan »
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
You guys probably SHOULD make it more obvious in the Kickstarter that it's the alternative cut of Ice Cream Bunny - You only learn that in the FAQ section now.
FINE