login

Author Topic: iTunes Synch Is AWFUL  (Read 8307 times)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
iTunes Synch Is AWFUL
« on: April 05, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »
I've only had a chance to listen to the first part of the track, but what I thought was a great idea (buying the track from iTunes) isn't so great, for me at least.  It's probably because I'm trying to listen to both on my PC.  I don't think it's the track.  I guess I'll try to use my actual iPod for part 2 but I hate to use the head phones.  I've never had this much of a synch problem before.  It's not just drifting seconds off, it's drifting minutes off.

I've also discovered that the iTunes viewer (I've never used iTunes for a video before) sucketh.

The track is pretty funny though.  It's not a horrible problem, I just have to press pause a lot (which somehow throws the synch off even more so I have to pause for longer than I think I do because iTunes "jumps" when you unpause).  It's probably just my PC though.  I need to steal the box set from my friend and just make myself a real copy :)
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: iTunes Synch Is AWFUL
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:43:39 AM »
Don't hit me for stating the obvious, but are you sure you didn't accidentally download the PAL rifftrax?
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 03:57:45 AM »
LOL! No.  I'm not that big of a moron.  :P  I watched the second half last night with the iPod / computer and it worked better.

I really think this means I need a new laptop.  I betcha a dual processor could handle doing both at the same time.  I think that means it's a necessity to upgrade right now, right?

My computer isn't a flaming POS either, just in case anyone is wondering.

Offline Nive

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • "Watch out for snakes!"
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:57:22 AM »
iTunes usually sucks for synching when you're also playing the movie on the same pc. I had the same problem with Lost, but if you use Quicktime and iTunes, it worked alright for me. That is, Ouicktime playing the movie and iTunes playing the rifftrax.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 05:10:30 AM »
amanda i have a REALLY old laptop thats survived the sands of both iraq and where i am now, and it handles playing both perfectly fine.  are you sure it isnt software or something else. 

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 08:11:42 AM »
Replying to an old posting but....
We've tried to synch up to a rip right off my DVD boxset and have never gotten it to work right. There's something funky with Lost I guess.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure that once you have iTunes open, all you need to do is type 04 08 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE.
That should fix everything.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 02:28:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure that once you have iTunes open, all you need to do is type 04 08 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE.
That should fix everything.

Every time I tried that, the player just jumped to 108 minutes.

Weird.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »
Below is the actual title for this thread.

iTunes Synch is AWFUL

There, much better.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
Try using Windows Media Player to play the MP3 and have the DVD running on another program at the same time. It's always worked for me. If it doesn't work, it might be the RiffTrax. Try another movie. If that doesn't work, it's your computer.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 03:36:22 PM »
Quote from: Steve-O
Every time I tried that, the player just jumped to 108 minutes.

Lord help you if you should ever stop typing it...

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »
Replying to an old posting but....
We've tried to synch up to a rip right off my DVD boxset and have never gotten it to work right. There's something funky with Lost I guess.

There was a thread somewhere about ripping lost. It has a bunch of dummy vts and whatnot that screw up the casual rip.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 05:22:50 PM »
Try using Windows Media Player to play the MP3 and have the DVD running on another program at the same time. It's always worked for me. If it doesn't work, it might be the RiffTrax. Try another movie. If that doesn't work, it's your computer.

If you buy the iTunes version, you know the version that this topic is about, that's not going to work.  The same goes for Gray's.  You can't play an iTunes video without using iTunes or an iPod.    It's this whole silly little DRM debate.  It's so quiet and low key, I'm sure you've never heard of it.  There are ways to break DRMed files but it's more difficult that copying a DVD or breaking DRM on music and it kinda violates the DMCA (another low key, debatey topic).  Most normal viewers won't do that, know how or even care enough to try.

So, it's not your computer if it doesn't work.  I'm not sure if it iTunes or the iTunes videos but it hasn't worked for Lost or Gray's and I've never had the problem before.  Even when I played the video in iTunes and played the mp3 on my iPod it was still off.  I was being mostly sarcastic with my "new PC comments" :)