9 (11.7%)
2 (2.6%)
2 (2.6%)
1 (1.3%)
2 (2.6%)
1 (1.3%)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Rank-A-Riff  (Read 12149 times)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Rank-A-Riff
« on: April 05, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »
Better than Phantom Menace?

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
Re: Rank-A-Riff
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 05:12:08 PM »
I was laughing so hard at this one. Only thing I didn't like was Chad butting in from time to time.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »
I cant wait to see this one.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3214
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »
Aww Chad was cool. WAY WAY better than Ep 1. Less hatin' and more merry-making. Just how it oughtta be. :^)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 03:06:12 AM »
Aww Chad was cool. WAY WAY better than Ep 1. Less hatin' and more merry-making. Just how it oughtta be. :^)

Absolutely, my sentiments exactly, enjoyed it a lot more.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 06:13:40 AM »
Quite possibly my favorite one. And I've only seen half of it so far. I'll probably watch the other half after I go to see Grindhouse tonight.

Offline MarkAndrew

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 07:01:18 AM »
Good, solid Riff, movie had painful dialog but had enough pretty pictures not to be unbearable.

More Chad Vader would have been nice, but I know how fans fear change.

I'd still rank the EP 1 riff above this one, but I'll go back and watch it again just to make sure.

Offline Savantegarde

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 08:48:14 PM »
Way better than the first.

And just about everything Chad said had me cracking up.  Even the failed attempts at humor were gold.  I only wish he had spoken more. :)

Oh well heres hoping for Chads return for the final installment (they better do episode 3) and possibly more of a role in the riffing.

And screw the "fans" who fear change, if its funny then they can take their uptight little irrational demands and shut it. >:(  Its so sad when something can't grow because of the suffocating whine of other people.

Offline crypticgeek

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 08:58:56 PM »
I dunno, fell flat for me. I liked the first one much more.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 06:01:21 AM »
I liked the first one better, but I think it's mostly because I think the first movie was much more hate-able. This sucker was just dull.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 04:40:59 PM »
This riff had a good Sustained Laugh Quotient(TM).

I found myself laughing constantly, and I liked the Chad Vader stuff, and that it didn't become obtrusive. Not as good as Phantom Menace; there weren't as many gut-busting laughs as that one, but was probably more clever.

I watched it with friends both yesterday and today, and today's crowd got the biggest laugh out of Mike's "Oh baby, gimme some sweet sand-free lovin'!"

:D

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 07:04:15 AM »
Folks, I strongly urge you to watch the documentaries that come with the second disk in the DVD set.  They will enhance your enjoyment of this Rifftrax 200 fold!!! ;D

Here the reason they picked Hayden Christiansen. (He stuck the casting director as a "young James Dean!!!!!"

Here George Lucas declare that his movies are exercises in digital movie making first and the story comes second OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH.

Understand how George and his Myrmidons live in their own digital world that we are ordered to be awed by.

It's almost as funny as the Rifftrax and really adds punch to the commentary.
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 12:03:19 AM »
Hear George Lucas declare that his movies are exercises in digital movie making first and the story comes second OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH.
What's amazing to me is that it's perfectly possible to have a movie set in an all-digital world that's actually interesting and adds to the story. Take Sin City, for instance, or Mirrormask- pretty much every shot for most of those films involved heavy use of digital effects, yet I wasn't sitting around feeling like I was watching a crappy tourism brochure the whole time. Stunning, really.

Offline Clouseau

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »
I liked this one more than Phantom Menace for a few reasons.
1. Phantom Menace is just plain dull.
2. The Phantom Menace rifftrax feels a bit too obvious to me (the anger, the jar jar jokes, etc)

This one seemed to be more about making jokes than the sort of bile that the Phantom Menace riffers produced. I give this one a seven.

Though, man this movie is dull too. I can't believe that I liked it when it first came out.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 04:58:04 AM »
I agree with Pak, less hatin and more merry makin.

That said, despite not really digging all the hate in the Ep 1 rifftrax, I thought that one delivered more big belly laughs than ep 2. I guess that's just diminishing returns... but I think they both pretty much equalized in the end. I rated them both 7/10.