Author Topic: What have we learned?  (Read 33188 times)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
Re: What have we learned?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 01:14:35 PM »
I learned that Death Sticks may indeed only cause comas. If this occurs, please return unused portion for a refund.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 02:19:45 PM »
I also learned that fan boys, even after 1 major embarrassment on their beloved franchise, will come back two more times full of hope that will inevitably be crushed by reality.

Offline Ranika

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
-I learn Lucas's view of romance must paint it as singularly the most boring thing ever.
-Yoda is faking a disability, but no one calls him on it, so he continues drawing illegal funds.
-Getting an arm lopped off may be painful, but it levels off quickly.
-Even in small doses, I want to kill Jar Jar.
-Anakin is a whiny crying pussy who needs to grow a pair and stop crying to his girlfriend.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:45:23 PM by Ranika »
"If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend." - St. Augustine

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »
we learned that a flying rumba can support the weight of a grown man
we learned that the "rat tail" hair style is all the rage
we learned that choppers exist in other galaxies

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 02:54:56 PM »
I had to look it up but I learned that the guy that was selling Deathsticks was the guy that played Mouse in The Matrix!

and using the amazing Lucas-Name-Generator(TM) his character name was 'Elan Sleazebaggano'

geddit! he was a Sleaze Bag...hilarious.

Offline Ranika

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 03:07:47 PM »
How can one not appreciate the comedic genius of Lucas?
"If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend." - St. Augustine

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »
We learned that Jedi bodyguards have simply ignored the period of the galaxy's history when flying stealth assassination drones became practical and common.

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 05:44:05 PM »
I've learned that severed heads can stay strapped inside a helmet because the PG god demanded it.
I've learned that the clone wars, was not an actual war per say, but a get together at a gladiator stadium.
I've learned that  George was grasping for something other than straws when he made Natalie Portman wear a tight white lycra shirt without a bra(thanks 8)).
I've learned not much new since 1983

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 06:48:28 PM »
I learned that Lucas gets his planet and creature names from the rejected Beanie Baby name list.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »
-Yoda is faking a disability, but no one calls him on it, so he continues drawing illegal funds.

I learned that the Star Wars prequels get worse every time I watch them, even with hilarious commentary.

Offline Jeyl

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 05:04:22 AM »
I learned that the prequal producer Rick loves the moment when the old guy from the Queen's chambers takes a step down the stairs the most wonderful moment of the scene. He take a whole minute in his commentary just talking about it.

I learned that fans around the world still love Yoda no matter what he does or doesn't do. Just keep speaking in an incorrect way and everyone will love him. That's all it takes.

I learned that Yoda and the other Jedi are victems of their own ideas. One moment they say "The council is confident in it's decision" and LITERALLY the next say "A flaw more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older much wiser." Look to thy own eyes you bugger.

I also learned that clones are vastly superior to droids simply because they don't say the same thing twice. Roger, roger?

I learned that you can name a war soley on who's fighting on one side, and not name it something a bit more appropriet like "The seperatists war" or "The trade dispute war" or even "The Sith war" all over again. Why name it the clone wars when the whole purpose of the war has NOTHING to do with clones?!

I also learned that if you sense someone is in terrible pain, it's usually best not to discuss it with the actual person who was in pain or anyone close to him. EVER.

I learned that in order to make fans drool more, you take a very unique and mysterious character that everyone likes like Boba and give him the most ubelievable origin you can com up with. And to top that off, you can now say that all the Stormtroopers from the Original Trilogy are all Bobas! Yay!

I learned that even though Lightsabers are supposed to be SUPER hot, they don't turn rain into steam or make that hissy sound.

But most importantly, I learned that Yoda is a dumb character and no one will admit it because he says "Do or do not".

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 06:00:01 AM »
I learned that in order to make fans drool more, you take a very unique and mysterious character that everyone likes like Boba and give him the most ubelievable origin you can com up with. And to top that off, you can now say that all the Stormtroopers from the Original Trilogy are all Bobas! Yay!

He did this to C3P0 too. The best thing Lucas can do with the world's beloved characters is not elaborate on them but leave them the hell alone, since everything he touches crumbles to a pile of dust (probably crack cocaine, which explains what he was thinking when he made these movies).

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
But most importantly, I learned that Yoda is a dumb character and no one will admit it because he says "Do or do not".
I hate that line.  Yoda is essentially saying any failure is your own fault for not "doing" and never mind the myriad of external forces that could prevent an action.  It's one of those self-help guru lines that works on the weak minded (to coin a phase) but if you really think about it philosophically it falls apart.

I think Lucas was trying for a zen master thing with Yoda and his backward speech but it's just annoying at this point.

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »
I never got the fan love for Boba Fett, either.  In Empire he stands around for a while and then does some heavy lifting and that's it.  In Jedi he jumps across a hole and then gets knocked in like a chump.  He never did anything of importance!  And yet he's a "beloved" "character". 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 01:06:08 PM »
I think I will bravely tackle this film and riff tonight.

One thing that I did not understand about this whole "Clone War" thing.   Didnt they only make one million clones?  (forgive me if I have the number wrong, I have tried to burn this film from my memory)    Big fracking deal, an army of one million...... uh, you could cull together one ten times that large with people from the Empire in no time.

Was it just one million?   And if so, WHAT WAS THE BIG FRACKIN DEAL?????    :angry:  :angry: