login

Author Topic: Episode II Thoughts  (Read 20486 times)

Johnny_Short_Torso

Re: Episode II Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 10:38:24 PM »
I have not seen this movie in five years.... the strange thing is my perception of it has changed wildly since then. I enjoyed it... yes, I actually ENJOYED it in the movie theatres way back in 2002. But when I just got through watching it with the rifftrax, I said to myself... omg... that movie was just unbearably bad... unbearably unwatchable. I am so glad I had the rifftrax on or else I would have gone mad.... well, madder. Seriously, this movie is almost as bad as Battlefield earth.

Offline cropsy13

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 03:24:31 AM »
I laughed when Chad said "Her full name was Shmi shma shmuppy"

It was just so out of the blue

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:33:26 AM »
heh a schnappi reference, rules.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 05:01:05 AM »
I had forgotten how goddamn long this movie was. Episode 1 doesn't drag, except in the pod race, because it keeps giving you new and exciting things to get angry about- bored with the racist aliens? Here, have a boring droid fight! Tired of that? Let's cut to some stupid planet crap! Ooh, now let's go underwater for no adequately explained reason!

Episode 2 is just kind of there, for a really long time. Some of the locations were actually fairly interesting (the rain planet could make a good backdrop for something with a script) but the fights and the plot were so dull that it was like watching a powerpoint presentation. This movie was 90% terrible Lucas dialogue, 10% bad swordfights.

The riffs were good, but I thought the Episode 1 one track was better, because I really enjoyed the fact that they hated the movie as much as I did. On this one, it seemed like they were getting a bit bored, just as I was. As I recall, my reaction to the third one was spontaneously to start making fun of it in the theater. I wonder what will happen with the riffers?

Offline M.gunnerQuist

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 06:14:07 AM »
They could have used a bit more riffing from Chad Vader.
See "Bionic Showdown in Canada", winner of the RiffTrax Remix 2011 Contest: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=091C929FE6C9BA81

Offline onex

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Servant of Cthulhu
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 06:53:35 AM »

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 07:51:14 AM »
I was pondering the frequency of Chad's riffs while watching the movie, and I realized that because they play his breathing effect for a few seconds before and after he says something, we would be hearing an almost constant "CHHHHHHH-SHHHHHH" while we watched the movie were he to riff as often as Mike and Kevin. They can't drop the breathing effect for plausibility's sake but they don't want to drown out the movie with it, so they settled for a reduced number of times it would happen. That's what I think anyway.

Johnny_Short_Torso

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 08:20:34 AM »
I had forgotten how goddamn long this movie was. Episode 1 doesn't drag, except in the pod race, because it keeps giving you new and exciting things to get angry about- bored with the racist aliens? Here, have a boring droid fight! Tired of that? Let's cut to some stupid planet crap! Ooh, now let's go underwater for no adequately explained reason!
I hope you're not saying Episode 1 was important in any way, shape or form. If I were to do a summation of THAT movie, it would
be like this: Guys go to a ship and then to planet and go to another planet then watch a 20 minute pod race where nothing happens. Then they go to another planet where people talk about nothing exciting or interesting for over half a goddamn hour. Then they go back to the first planet where they destroy bad guys but they really don't destroy the REAL bad guys.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »
Great rifftrack, Chad is hilarious and he should do more interaction next time (if there is a next time). Aside from that the jokes were funny, no real complaints in that department. Keep up the great work guys!

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 09:16:27 AM »
I was pondering the frequency of Chad's riffs while watching the movie, and I realized that because they play his breathing effect for a few seconds before and after he says something, we would be hearing an almost constant "CHHHHHHH-SHHHHHH" while we watched the movie were he to riff as often as Mike and Kevin. They can't drop the breathing effect for plausibility's sake but they don't want to drown out the movie with it, so they settled for a reduced number of times it would happen. That's what I think anyway.

Sounds perfectly reasonable.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 11:02:54 PM »
I had forgotten how goddamn long this movie was. Episode 1 doesn't drag, except in the pod race, because it keeps giving you new and exciting things to get angry about-

Well said.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 02:52:40 AM »
Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are like a 1-2 punch of suck sitting on my DVD shelf.  I'm so glad they've both been riffed.  The Attack of the Clones riff should please those that thought, for some reason, that the Phantom Menace riff was too mean (which is impossible), but there was still enough loathing of this movie from Mike and Kevin to satisfy me.  And, I loved the Phil Spector riff. 

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 05:47:08 AM »
I hope you're not saying Episode 1 was important in any way, shape or form. If I were to do a summation of THAT movie, it would
be like this: Guys go to a ship and then to planet and go to another planet then watch a 20 minute pod race where nothing happens. Then they go to another planet where people talk about nothing exciting or interesting for over half a goddamn hour. Then they go back to the first planet where they destroy bad guys but they really don't destroy the REAL bad guys.
No, no, it was Episode 1 I was describing. I realize I was being a bit ambiguous, but I was saying that this one drags because it's consistent in it's stupidity. Episode 1 was bottomless in its wellspring of horror.

Offline robertraur

• Schnappi Supporter
  • And the wine flows....
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
What a great riffing guys, keep up the good work.

I saw this with some of my friends and we had to stop the dvd three times because we could not get over the line "Except when the call me scrota behind their backs."  Damn you Matt and your infectious laughing.

"I want a normal childhood" and "Jedi-angels" were also classics.

And what about that Mark Grace reference!  As a long-term Cubs fan, I could help but feel pickled tink you would dare challenge the man who coined the phrase Slumpbusting. 
Anytime someone offers you 10,000 to 1 odds, you take it.
Lets just say if John Mellancamp ever wins an Oscar, I'll be a rich man.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 03:39:54 PM »
The Attack of the Clones riff should please those that thought, for some reason, that the Phantom Menace riff was too mean (which is impossible), but there was still enough loathing of this movie from Mike and Kevin to satisfy me.

It's not that the Episode I Riff was too mean - the problem is that it was mean at the expense of being funny. I don't want to listen to two hours of "Wow, this is really bad" over and over. Make with the yuk yuks.