login

Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 593334 times)

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 346
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6555 on: July 04, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »
I got the Labo variety kit for my birthday. I've made two, and yeah, I already feel it was worth eighty dollars. The designs for these things are genius. There were a bunch of eureka moments where I was just floored by how clever some of the construction was. I'd say it's a must-buy for anybody with a Switch and a kid.

I haven't dived into the Labo Garage yet, but I have some plans for a Labo trombone to enter into Nintendo's upcoming Labo contest.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1300
« Reply #6556 on: July 08, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »
Destiny 2 had a free weekend on PC so I played a bit of that.  Meh.  I had been real curious about Destiny 1 but it never came to PC.  I don't think I was missing much. 

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 269
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6557 on: July 09, 2018, 09:58:32 PM »
I just bought and pre-loaded Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for my 2DS XL. I loved those kind of levels when I played Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U, I'm really looking forward to finally being able to play it this coming Friday.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2375
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6558 on: July 10, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »
Okay, I'm going to do it this time.

I started playing Alien Isolation again, and I'm not going to get distracted by another game.

I've owned this game for PS3 and PS4 and I've never gotten past half-way through. Every time I've reached a point where I say "I need to play something else for a little variety" and I end up abandoning it for months or longer. Then when I pick it up again I'm in the middle of a hard section and find I've lost all feel for the controls, so I need to start over again to get it back.

Over two days I reached the point where I've always slowed down or stopped, and I'm sticking to it, damn it!
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1300
« Reply #6559 on: July 10, 2018, 06:09:53 PM »
Okay, I'm going to do it this time.

I started playing Alien Isolation again, and I'm not going to get distracted by another game.

I've owned this game for PS3 and PS4 and I've never gotten past half-way through. Every time I've reached a point where I say "I need to play something else for a little variety" and I end up abandoning it for months or longer. Then when I pick it up again I'm in the middle of a hard section and find I've lost all feel for the controls, so I need to start over again to get it back.

Over two days I reached the point where I've always slowed down or stopped, and I'm sticking to it, damn it!

I did the same thing with that game, but I never came back to it after I stopped. Something about it just doesn’t hold my attention passed half way.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 79
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6560 on: July 11, 2018, 06:29:32 AM »
I've been playing more Wolfenstein II for the Nintendo Switch. I've already arrived in Manhattan in Neu York and I've beaten the initial wave of Nazis and now I need to look for a path forward past the huge gap.

Also, I've been playing Pokémon Quest for the Nintendo Switch and I've gotten a team that has over 9000 collective HP so I can now play new areas I wasn't able to do so before. I just love how generous Nintendo is with their mobile games; they make Santa Claus look like Scrooge in that regard.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 300
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6561 on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:05 AM »
I've been playing more Wolfenstein II for the Nintendo Switch. I've already arrived in Manhattan in Neu York and I've beaten the initial wave of Nazis and now I need to look for a path forward past the huge gap.

Also, I've been playing Pokémon Quest for the Nintendo Switch and I've gotten a team that has over 9000 collective HP so I can now play new areas I wasn't able to do so before. I just love how generous Nintendo is with their mobile games; they make Santa Claus look like Scrooge in that regard.
You say that but they put my Summer Camilla on an Event and Fire Emblem Heroes has been stingy lately

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #6562 on: July 11, 2018, 08:20:38 AM »

You say that but they put my Summer Camilla on an Event and Fire Emblem Heroes has been stingy lately

Well, when I say Nintendo is generous with their mobile games, I mean that relative to other Freemium mobile game companies.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6563 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »
Yeah, other mobile games would make you grind a zillion points a day for a limited time to get that Camilla, AND it wouldn't be possible to do it in that time without purchasing extra stamina or something. I've managed to snag more than one seasonal special hero without paying a dime, and that's pretty cool. (Even if it's almost never the one I want.)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 300
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6564 on: July 11, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
Yeah, other mobile games would make you grind a zillion points a day for a limited time to get that Camilla, AND it wouldn't be possible to do it in that time without purchasing extra stamina or something. I've managed to snag more than one seasonal special hero without paying a dime, and that's pretty cool. (Even if it's almost never the one I want.)

I just really, really want to finish my Camilla Emblem, since I have all of her other variants. It'd be a really good Flier Emblem, too, since Camilla, Spring Camilla, and NY Camilla all are really good units, especially since the OG got her unique weapon.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6565 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:10 AM »
I'm playing my 2DS XL... but I'm having what may be a problem. It doesn't seem to hold a charge as well as it used to. Since I've only had this system since last October, I'm kind of bummed that this console should already be losing its battery life this far into my owning it. I guess I could replace it on my own with a new battery... but the problem is that I'm not even sure how I can open the back of this thing on my own. I called Nintendo this morning and they recommended that since it's still under the one year warranty that I send it in for repairs. I already had to send it in once already so I'm just a little sad that they're telling me I might have to do this again. Well, I guess any decision on that can wait since I've got like a little less than 3 months to make a decision.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6566 on: July 12, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »
I'm playing my 2DS XL... but I'm having what may be a problem. It doesn't seem to hold a charge as well as it used to. Since I've only had this system since last October, I'm kind of bummed that this console should already be losing its battery life this far into my owning it. I guess I could replace it on my own with a new battery... but the problem is that I'm not even sure how I can open the back of this thing on my own. I called Nintendo this morning and they recommended that since it's still under the one year warranty that I send it in for repairs. I already had to send it in once already so I'm just a little sad that they're telling me I might have to do this again. Well, I guess any decision on that can wait since I've got like a little less than 3 months to make a decision.

You're in NM. Are you familiar with Gamers Anonymous? Because if not you should TOTALLY check out Gamers Anonymous. They do cheap and reliable repairs. Nintendo will do it for free, of course, but if you want to pay a little bit to avoid the wait, they can do battery replacement. I THINK they can even do it without voiding your warranty. Also it's like- a retro gaming paradise.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:49:38 AM by Pak-Man »

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6567 on: July 13, 2018, 10:12:29 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm definitely familiar with Gamers Anonymous. I really like the place, but I'd much rather have a Nintendo authorized service center do the repairs. Not even sure it's fair to call it a repair given the circumstances. However, I think I might wait a couple weeks or so because I still have lots of time before my one year warranty is up.

Oh, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker just came out for 3DS today, I'm having a lot of fun playing that.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #6568 on: July 13, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »
I’ve picked up Octopath Traveller today. Goddamn, this is a good game! It’s so perfectly balanced between retro and modern that it seems to bridge the gap between indie and AAA in the best way possible!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2362
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6569 on: July 14, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
Been playing Myst III.

3D games have really ruined me on this style of game, finding it hard to get into the game.

The resolution of the graphics doesn't help either, I think I have to find a way to play this windowed, the game was not designed for a big screen.