login

Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 599547 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2809
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6480 on: June 06, 2018, 10:22:23 PM »
The only thing that irks me is that the game screen takes up a fraction of the size of my TV screen. It's different depending on what game you're playing, but I really think we could have done with some kind of stretch functionality so that the game occupies 100% of the screen. Maybe they didn't do it because of something with the HDMI, I don't know. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with this little console. Like I said before, I'll definitely be playing this thing more than my Xbox one.

There is an options menu where you can try different display modes. Try switching it to  4:3 and see if you're happier with the size. You can also add borders if you want.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 299
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6481 on: June 07, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »
Will do, thanks Pak!  8)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 342
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6482 on: June 07, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »
I've been on a bit of a mobile games kick lately. Fire Emblem Heroes has been a go to of mine since it's release last year, and consistently updates with more content. Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links is pretty great too, because I enjoy the franchise. Sure, the series are goofy as hell, but the game is fun, and Duel Links streamlines the game significantly by essentially reducing everything except card stats by half. This means that games are fast paced, and it feels great to get a turn 1 3000+ Atk monster.

Continuing my mobile game streak, I reinstalled Pokémon Go on a whim. I'm spending a lot of time at school, and when I finally get a job and everything, I'll spend more time in town and capable of finding Pokémon around. It also has the added benefit of getting me to do some light exercise outside. I had some time to kill before a doctor's appointment, so instead of going home and driving back in, I wandered around for an hour. Humid and hot as hell, but hey, I walked about 4km, so not too shabby.

If I keep up this trend, it'll be a reinstall of AC and maybe even Final Fantasy BE.

In the nonmobile arena, I decided to bite the bullet and setup and remod Fallout 4. The biggest issue was that Nexus Mod Manager decided to refuse to install some mods. I ended up downloading a program I'd used before, but eschewed because of bugs, Mod Organiser 2. It's a slightly more complex mod manager to use, but it offers a lot more control over your modding experience. Anyway, I'm currently trying out an alternative start mod, and am playing a wasteland doctor who is a bit of a coward. I'm trying to intentionally gimp myself with some character quirks and perk choices. She is hardcore against chem usage, so she collects every chem she finds to store in her home at Starlight Drive-in. I'm going to focus on more Mental stats and avoid things like lock picking in favour of hacking. Should be a fun, interesting character, trying to converse with most of the commonwealth instead of gunning everyone down.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6483 on: June 11, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
Pak, and anyone else who's played Fire Emblem Fates, who should my husband be this hard playthrough? So far I've had Niles, Laslow, Odin, Kaze, and Rhajat. I'm leaning towards Subaki, but that's mostly because I can class to a Pegasus Knight and use lances. Marrying second generation units also feels weird, so I try to avoid that. Tbh I'm kicking myself for not going M!Corrin, because then I could have married Oboro...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2809
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6484 on: June 11, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »
I've found Silas passes on some really good stats to Kana, and the resulting Sophie is nearly unstoppable, too.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6485 on: June 11, 2018, 04:18:44 PM »
I've found Silas passes on some really good stats to Kana, and the resulting Sophie is nearly unstoppable, too.
Yeah, the other Corrin Kid is always insane. On the playthrough with Laslow as the hubby, Soleil was freaking disgusting. Still makes me mad that she's not an option for Female Corrin and Male Corrin's Japanese support with her was date rape.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6486 on: June 11, 2018, 06:42:17 PM »
I'm playing Fallout Shelter: It starts off great, everybody is happy, then the raiders come, now everyone is depressed, and I try to keep 'em happy and remove their radiation and heal them up, but to no avail. Still, I soldier on and try to make a great compound in spite of everybody's misfortune. I actually paid for a micro-transaction and I feel no guilt whatsoever. No-sirree-bob!

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6487 on: June 12, 2018, 03:37:04 PM »
Been playing Legend of Zelda: A Link between worlds. It's more than just a remake of A Link to the past. They've redone almost everything in the game including the dungeons, bosses, ect. Being a person who almost knows A Link to the past inside and out though, I feel frustrated that it's taking me a lot of back and forth throughout each dungeon to get through them, and I don't particularly find it fun when I'm stumped and I'm running around looking for a button or switch or something and it takes me a long time to finally get past what stumped me in the first place.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6488 on: June 13, 2018, 06:51:36 AM »
I'm playing Hollow Knight, which I bought AGAIN on the Nintendo Switch after receiving a gifted Steam copy many moons ago. I like the Switch version better because of the Switch's "game anywhere" advantages.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6489 on: June 13, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
There's no way I'm ever getting a Switch. For one, I've got my SNES classic which I'm very happy with, especially since it has zero load times. Also, there's the price of the Switch and the games... there's just no way I can afford all that. it just makes no sense given my debt to income ratio. 

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6490 on: June 13, 2018, 09:33:27 PM »
Am I missing something on Pokémon Go, or does the supply of pokeballs dry up really quick? I'm sitting at level 14, and mystrongest Pokémon is a Cloyster @1150~, which isn't great, but hey, I can regularly battle the two gyms near my walking route on KCKCC campus, since they seem to swap between Mystic and Valor on the reg. If I could level faster or get more pokeballs, I'd enjoy it more, but mostly it's me just walking around wishing I could catch more totodile or wooper to evolve my two favourite water types, of which KCKCC seems to have an over abundance of. Hopefully after I complete my CNA I get a job, move into town somewhere, and can do regular walks. Just need a bag full of talcum powder and vaseline, because chubby ass thighs suck.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6491 on: June 13, 2018, 10:00:12 PM »
Am I missing something on Pokémon Go, or does the supply of pokeballs dry up really quick? I'm sitting at level 14, and mystrongest Pokémon is a Cloyster @1150~, which isn't great, but hey, I can regularly battle the two gyms near my walking route on KCKCC campus, since they seem to swap between Mystic and Valor on the reg. If I could level faster or get more pokeballs, I'd enjoy it more, but mostly it's me just walking around wishing I could catch more totodile or wooper to evolve my two favourite water types, of which KCKCC seems to have an over abundance of. Hopefully after I complete my CNA I get a job, move into town somewhere, and can do regular walks. Just need a bag full of talcum powder and vaseline, because chubby ass thighs suck.

If you don't have access to pokestops, yeah, it's hard to keep your pokeball supply up.

Getting gold badges at gyms will let you get more rewards when you spin gym stops. And lots of the research rewards are pokeballs - but not so much while this event is on with the water mons.

I got a shiny Kyogre this week :D
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6492 on: June 14, 2018, 09:44:55 PM »
Dammit. My Fallout 4 is broken, and I can't figure out how to fix it. There's an issue with my save file, and I can't actually open vaults, which is super annoying, because I'm about 20 hours into the character. This is 90% of the reason I don't usually go for alternate start mods. Its fun to not play the game as its laid out, but they often have loads of bugs.

Also, my walks around campus have been nice this week, but there's the downside of if I don't go anywhere for the weekend, I'll lose my dailies in PoGo, because there's no stops near me. The by product is that I'm looking into spending time outside, which is just disgusting. :P

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6493 on: June 15, 2018, 04:27:19 AM »
Dammit. My Fallout 4 is broken, and I can't figure out how to fix it. There's an issue with my save file, and I can't actually open vaults, which is super annoying, because I'm about 20 hours into the character. This is 90% of the reason I don't usually go for alternate start mods. Its fun to not play the game as its laid out, but they often have loads of bugs.

Also, my walks around campus have been nice this week, but there's the downside of if I don't go anywhere for the weekend, I'll lose my dailies in PoGo, because there's no stops near me. The by product is that I'm looking into spending time outside, which is just disgusting. :P

Goddammit, that really sucks. Hopefully you will be able to get your save recovered! Losing your saves in open-world games is the absolute worst.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6494 on: June 15, 2018, 04:59:12 AM »
Regarding Hollow Knight, I’ve noticed that either the Switch version is easier, or I’ve become so accustomed to the Switch’s control scheme that I have an easier time with the Switch’s two Joy-cons than an Xbox One game controller on my PC…