Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 599329 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 340
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6330 on: February 08, 2018, 04:39:48 PM »
So, I've been on a Star Trek bender lately. Since I went and visited Hana in the UK, she and I have been enjoying the various Star Trek series on Netflix, off and on. We also have played some Star Trek Online, and I have to say, that game is a lot better than I thought it was. I had thought it was straight up ignored or dead, but no, it's still receiving updates. I also get to play as a Romulan, and since they're the most interesting race in the series(imo, anyway), i ditched my Admiral in Star Fleet. The space battles are so much fun. It feels really good to manage your power outputs, or directing shields toward the enemy attacks, or even cloaking to drop out of combat and wait for your cooldowns. The game is fun, and enjoyable.

It's been a long time since I tried ST Online, might be worth taking another look at. I got pretty tired of free to play, pay to win type of games though, so that was one of many I put down for that reason.

I've been slowly exchanging refined Dilithium for the paid Currency. The rate of exchange is rather slow, around 280 dilithium for 1 zen, but still, better than nothing. Not to mention you can get plenty of solid ships and things on the exchange, which is great, because it costs Energy credits, which are easy enough to come by. It still takes a while, but I enjoy the game.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6331 on: February 09, 2018, 04:16:53 AM »
Ever since it got updated as the "Reloaded Edition", I've been playing quite a bit of Mercenary Kings. Either they made it easier or I'm better at the game because I can complete missions at which I didn't do well before.

I also just bought and downloaded Okami HD and Aegis Defenders on Steam so I can't wait to try those out…

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2806
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6332 on: February 09, 2018, 06:58:35 AM »
There's something about Civilization 6 that I've never been able to put my finger on that has kept me from fully investing in it the way I have with past Civ games.

Well something I can't put my finger on about the Rise and Fall expansion seems to have fixed it. I'm all-in now!

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 297
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6333 on: February 09, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »
Been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf some more... only thing I find a little off-putting is that there is AFAIK no definitive ending to the game. Oh, also played Super Smash Bros on a Harder difficulty to unlock Ganondorf. Had to play as link on 5.0 or harder difficulty. Anyways he was kinda tough but as opposed to playing against real life opponents, he was still a bit of a pushover. Not sure I want to spend the money to unlock more characters like Ryu.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6334 on: February 09, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Yeah. Animal Crossing will keep on going forever if you want it to. Some people consider it to be over when you pay off that last loan on that last home improvement. Some say it's over when you catch every bug, fish, and fossil. It's at least worth playing through for a year so you can experience every holiday and season.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 340
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6335 on: February 09, 2018, 10:49:23 PM »
Yeah, there's no definitive ending to Animal Crossing. It's the most boring game you'll play for 700 days in a row, because if you won't take care of that town full of little cartoon animals, who will?

I found an easy enough way to earn Energy Credits in STO. Right now, they have an 8th anniversary event running. Q has told people to go all over the galaxy to collect Omega particles, which can be combined to eventually make upgrades. You can sell them on the Exchange for around 10k per, and since they're EVERYWHERE, you can make a nice profit. I thought no one would be willing to buy them on the exchange, but I forgot that most MMO players have more in game currency than they have time and patience. I'm at 400k EC, and the ship I want costs 3.5 mil, shouldn't be too hard to get, especially if I just go places to farm the particles when I want to not really pay attention.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6336 on: February 10, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
Picked up Dragon Quest Builders. I could never get into Minecraft, but I can get into this. It's more structured and story-driven, and I adore the old Dragon Warrior/Quest music and references.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 559
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6337 on: February 10, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »
I also just bought and downloaded Okami HD and Aegis Defenders on Steam so I can't wait to try those out…

Don't know anything about Aegis Defenders, but Okami is quite awesome. I'm tempted to buy the PC version, even though I already own the PS2 version

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6338 on: February 10, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
Picked up Dragon Quest Builders. I could never get into Minecraft, but I can get into this. It's more structured and story-driven, and I adore the old Dragon Warrior/Quest music and references.

I completely agree. I'm waaaayyyy addicted to this game. It's a minecraft-like that's got me hooked. It also helps that I go nuts for anything Dragon-Quest-related…

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6339 on: February 12, 2018, 07:17:21 AM »
Well it was Festivale today in Animal Crossing: New Leaf so I had to go around town catching feathers (of a specific color) with a net then bringing them back to this guy called Pave (who looks like an anthropomorphic Peacock) and he'll give you a piece of furniture. Of course I have to ask myself "What need have I for more damn furniture?"... so I did the next best thing and took every piece of furniture I got from Pave to Re-tail. And for most pieces of furniture I got 24,000 bells. That's pretty good, on the same level as a good night of catching bugs on the Island. Anyways I spent probably close to two hours of feather-catching, getting furniture and then selling it all back to re-tail and I saved up a million bells in the game. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's gonna be eaten up fast when I expand my home and get some other public works projects going.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6340 on: February 13, 2018, 12:14:29 AM »
There's something about Civilization 6 that I've never been able to put my finger on that has kept me from fully investing in it the way I have with past Civ games.

Well something I can't put my finger on about the Rise and Fall expansion seems to have fixed it. I'm all-in now!

I'm debating whether to get Rise & Fall. Vanilla Civ 6 was kinda boring to be honest. And there REALLY needs to be a way to tear down districts, so you can move them, or use the land for something else.

Is there still no Council or UN? That was one of my favorite things about Civ 5

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2402
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6341 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:34 AM »
Still kind of addicted to Subnautica in survival mode.  Funny that after you spend ages trying to find one fragment later in the game you seem to find that same one all over the place...

After not finding enough sliver early in the game now it seems copper is the one I'm always running short of.

Found all the ways into the caves, and got the cyclops down there a few times.  The way in I had found in creative mode is surrounded by reapers so not a good one to use in survival.  Now outfitting it with everything needed to stay down there indefinitely.  Growbeds work inside the sub, so won't have to come back up even for food and water.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6342 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:52 AM »
Yeah, they should have titled it Subnautica: The Quest for More Copper

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1315
« Reply #6343 on: February 13, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »
Copper was a big one. Having the science module helped a lot when trying to find specific things. 

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6344 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »
Okay... does anybody know how on Earth you catch a Shark in Animal crossing: New Leaf? I keep seeing finned critters out in the water around Tortimer Island and I can never catch them.