login

Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 593688 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 81
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6240 on: November 26, 2017, 06:59:49 PM »
I'm playing this game on the Nintendo Switch called Perception. The game is a survival horror/walking sim about a blind woman who enters into a Haunted House and has to feel around her via echolocation to make up for her lack of sight. The way the game presents it is quite brilliant.

Check out what happens when you "tap":

Cool, huh?

The game was crowdfunded by Kickstarter and is now available on PS4, XBox One and PC in addition to the aforementioned Switch. Give it a try because it's quite a unique game and it's only $15 (in US Dollars)!

Good stuff?  I played a game like that on the PC. Was pretty good, but the ending was a little meh. Was slightly unnerving at times, but not really a horror game. Is this game actually scary?  And for reference, I’d say Amnesia and the new Resident Evil are the scariest games out there, in my opinion.

Yes. It is scary. There are actual monsters in the game if you play on normal or expert modes, and your lack of sight adds to the suspense…
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 07:15:49 PM by Iron Curtain »

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2760
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6241 on: November 26, 2017, 08:53:40 PM »
Always thought they should make a Daredevil game like that.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 303
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6242 on: December 06, 2017, 04:30:48 AM »
The more I see of Oxygen Not Included, the weaker my resistance to getting it is. It seems so far like it's early access done right, which is rare these days.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 529
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6243 on: December 06, 2017, 04:22:41 PM »
The more I see of Oxygen Not Included, the weaker my resistance to getting it is. It seems so far like it's early access done right, which is rare these days.

It's pretty good. I enjoy it quite a bit. But in its current form, it's a bit on the easy side, especially compared to some of it's previous incarnations.

It's fully playable as is, and it's interesting seeing the game evolve over time. So I agree, this is early access done right. Only thing it's definitely missing is a win condition.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 270
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6244 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »
I've been working on Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the past few weeks and have slowly been making progress and I just need to keep reminding myself "Dude, you just need to gain more levels!" or something. Seriously, some of the battles in the game can be pretty brutal, especially with Death. I mean he's nothing like Death from the original Castlevania, but he can still kick your ass very, very easily.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6245 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
I've been amusing myself with Oxygen Not Included. Been watching a Let's Play of it and finally got it for myself.its really quite fun.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6246 on: December 16, 2017, 01:04:14 AM »
Oxygen Not Included is the most fun I've had in a while with a game. It gives me that Terraria-esque sense of time, where I think I've been playing for an hour when it's actually 5. I got the game Wednesday and I've managed to pump 18 hours into it already. I know that the game doesn't have a win condition yet, but I think that's ok. Right now, I'm having trouble getting very far in general. I'm not a city planner or an engineer, so my solutions to problems are probably suboptimal, but for now, I think my little colony is managing quite nicely.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 81
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6247 on: December 16, 2017, 05:24:35 AM »
I bought and downloaded The Mummy Demastered and Hiragana Pixel Party for my Nintendo Switch. My first impressions of The Mummy Demastered is that it just feels like a run-of-the-mill Metroidvania that fails to do anything new or interesting, but still fun on account of the fact it's a Metroidvania. Hiragana Pixel Party on the other hand, is a fun edutainment rhythm game that tests your knowledge of the Japanese syllabary. I'm enjoying it!

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6248 on: December 16, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »
Oxygen Not Included is the most fun I've had in a while with a game. It gives me that Terraria-esque sense of time, where I think I've been playing for an hour when it's actually 5. I got the game Wednesday and I've managed to pump 18 hours into it already. I know that the game doesn't have a win condition yet, but I think that's ok. Right now, I'm having trouble getting very far in general. I'm not a city planner or an engineer, so my solutions to problems are probably suboptimal, but for now, I think my little colony is managing quite nicely.

You missed out on the "Stress Spiral of Doom". In earlier incarnations of the game, it was fairly easy to end up in a situation where the Dupes were so pissed off they'd be breaking stuff faster than you could fix it. And then because stuff was broken, they'd get more pissed off. I said this earlier, but I think the current version of the game is too easy. And I am by no means an expert at this game.

Fortunately, this is why Early Access exists. 

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4517
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #6249 on: December 17, 2017, 05:18:39 AM »
Last night, me and some friends played Trine.  It's a pretty good adventure puzzle game in the Lost Vikings vein (I think, I've never played Lost Vikings) and a great three-player experience that you can finish up in an evening.  Apparently, there are two more games in the series, so we'll be playing those in the future.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 341
« Reply #6250 on: December 17, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »
Do a little bit of reading about the sequels, the company fucked things up with at least one of them. I think it was the 3rd one, they ran out of money and basically kicked it out the door. 

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6251 on: December 17, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
Do a little bit of reading about the sequels, the company fucked things up with at least one of them. I think it was the 3rd one, they ran out of money and basically kicked it out the door. 

Yes, it is the third one. They tried to make the game true 3D instead of the 2.5D of the first 2 games. They grossly underestimated how hard this would be, and like you said, they ran out of money as a result. So the game just abruptly ends 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 270
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6252 on: December 22, 2017, 11:01:08 PM »
Okay... I got an Xbox one S recently and only just learned of the existence of the Disney Afternoon Collection and... I just HAD to get it. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I got was just SOOOOOO awesome. I'm talking perfect NES ports of Duck tales, Duck Tales 2(yes, THAT Duck Tales 2), Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, Rescue Rangers 2, Darkwing Duck, and Tailspin...and I haven't looked but there might be even more. Do you have any idea how awesome it was to play the original Duck Tales again? Granted, we did have the Duck Tales remastered game from a few years back but there's an undeniable charm to playing original NES games, even if they are ports, they are about as perfect as ports get if you ask me.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6253 on: December 23, 2017, 05:19:07 AM »
Last night while playing Oxygen Not Included, I made a self contained oxygen generation system completely on my own. I am proud. It's probably not optimal, but it works quite well.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6254 on: December 23, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »
Lavatories in ONI aren't pumping and I can't figure out why. The only thing I can think of is that there's not enough water, except the pipes are full. Getting annoying, as they keep peeing everywhere.