Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 638748 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 488
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6990 on: July 07, 2019, 03:50:40 PM »
Ended up buying Mario Maker 2. Currently playing through the story to get used to the game before i go onto building and playing other people's levels.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 162
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6991 on: July 07, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »
Ended up buying Mario Maker 2. Currently playing through the story to get used to the game before i go onto building and playing other people's levels.

Join the Mario Maker 2 thread!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6992 on: July 07, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I know you're not a big platformer fan, so I'm guessing more puzzley levels?
FINE

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6993 on: July 07, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »
I started Super Mario Odyssey and boy is it fun.  You already get to turn into a t-rex in World 2.  WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?!?

It is incredible that the Mario franchise can stay as fresh as it does and continually reinvent itself so well.
FINE

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5088
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #6994 on: July 09, 2019, 06:51:10 AM »
That said, I surprised myself by really getting into... Tecmo Bowl.  It's a real fun game once you get used to the mechanics (though I find some of the passing difficult).

Oh and Jackbox Party Pack 2-3 were on sale so I bought them and me and my family played some games last night.  It was a lot of fun.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6995 on: July 09, 2019, 09:35:44 AM »
Whoever came up with the "no jumping" levels in Mario Maker 2's story is a sadistic monster.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 514
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #6996 on: July 09, 2019, 12:07:01 PM »
Whoever came up with the "no jumping" levels in Mario Maker 2's story is a sadistic monster.
Yeah that's kind of like showering without letting any water touching you.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 162
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6997 on: July 09, 2019, 12:08:25 PM »

You'll have to play it to understand. It's actually feasible.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6998 on: July 09, 2019, 01:23:21 PM »

Feasible, yes. Annoying as hell, though. Its like they forgot his original name was literally Jump Man

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6999 on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »

i’m sure it is I’m just making use of sarcastic license .

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #7000 on: July 13, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »
Well, I seem to be completely stuck in Bloodstained: RotN. I beat the Twin Dragons and got the double jump, and now I can't figure out what to do. Everywhere I check requires that I be able to swim, or air dash or shrink(?) or have a key I apparently don't have. It's starting to really cheese me off to be honest. And it was going so well up to this point.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #7001 on: July 13, 2019, 05:40:21 PM »
Well, I seem to be completely stuck in Bloodstained: RotN. I beat the Twin Dragons and got the double jump, and now I can't figure out what to do. Everywhere I check requires that I be able to swim, or air dash or shrink(?) or have a key I apparently don't have. It's starting to really cheese me off to be honest. And it was going so well up to this point.
Did you get the Blood steal shard yet? I think you have to go back to the Cathedral and fight the succubus. Then you use the Blood steal ability to drain the fountain near the middle of the map of the blood so you can get into the underground. Eventually while you're in the underground there's a squid that hangs around the surface of the water that will give you a shard you need to go underwater... just make sure and save often because there are some spikes down there. Good luck Cjones.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #7002 on: July 13, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »
Did you get the Blood steal shard yet? I think you have to go back to the Cathedral and fight the succubus. Then you use the Blood steal ability to drain the fountain near the middle of the map of the blood so you can get into the underground. Eventually while you're in the underground there's a squid that hangs around the surface of the water that will give you a shard you need to go underwater... just make sure and save often because there are some spikes down there. Good luck Cjones.

I'll keep that in mind. No, turns out what I didn't do was go back to talk to OD after getting my picture taken. Are you flipping kidding me ::) And I had a heck of a hard time just finding this guy again.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #7003 on: July 13, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »
Oop, sorry I should have mentioned once you get the silver bromide you need to go back and talk to Dominique then OD.