login

Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 615749 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 121
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6825 on: February 24, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »
My gaming diet is consisting of Pokémon: LET'S GO! Pikachu and checking in on the ruins/mines/jungle in the adventure mode of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If there's something I really don't like about Pokémon: LET'S GO! it's that there's no option for two-joy-con control in tv-mode. Then again, it would make catching Pokémon with pokéballs quite difficult...

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2525
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6826 on: February 24, 2019, 04:34:24 PM »
Replaying Steamworld Dig and Donkey Kong 64 with my son. Both are still great.

Started playing Golf Story on my own. It's undeniably great, but I do find some of the golf challenges tedious.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2939
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6827 on: February 28, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »
Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove just came out. I backed it on Kickstarter years ago and it was worth the wait. It's pretty much the original T&E, but with more characters, more Earthlings, more presents, and a nifty stat system. The sequel from a couple years back stumbled because of its attempt to make the game more modern. This game pretty much takes the old school formula and makes it new-school pretty.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 393
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6828 on: March 01, 2019, 02:56:39 PM »
Dead or Alive 6 Deluxe Edition. I was trying for HOURS to find out what was going on because what I downloaded only gave me four playable characters and NONE of the deluxe extras. I slept on it, called Xbox support this morning and... as expected they turned out to be utterly clueless. They wanted me to try a hard reset, unplugging my Xbox one, then removing my profile then putting it back on the console. I got fed up because my gut was telling me the solution HAD to be much simpler than the crap they're always telling me to do every single time I have a problem with my games. I wonder if they ever stopped to think the problem might not be with my console but something else?

I did a little investigating online and nothing seemed to add up. Anyway finally just out of curiosity I went to the online store to see what if any content was included with the full game. It turns out that EVERYTHING I needed was not downloaded automatically, I actually had to go to the store and manually download everything myself! This includes the story key, the full unlock key, the unlock key for the costumes. I was so angry about this, I mean FFS isn't Xbox tech support supposed to be a little more creative and savvy than this??? Do they really have to make me jump through the same hoops every single time???

All aggravation aside however I do like the game... I don't love it, but I like it. The one thing that IMHO really holds it back are the damned load times.  IMHO Dead or Alive 6 doesn't look that much better than Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, and that game has extremely short load times.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6829 on: March 03, 2019, 06:24:37 PM »
Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove just came out. I backed it on Kickstarter years ago and it was worth the wait. It's pretty much the original T&E, but with more characters, more Earthlings, more presents, and a nifty stat system. The sequel from a couple years back stumbled because of its attempt to make the game more modern. This game pretty much takes the old school formula and makes it new-school pretty.

I've been playing that game too! It's incredibly fun just to play Nintendo Switch online games, even with complete strangers and without voice chat. It's games like this, Night in the Woods, Freedom Planet, and Undertale that make me grateful for crowdfunding platforms!

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 416
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6830 on: March 03, 2019, 06:40:37 PM »
I got a Kindle Fire 8hd, and realized that I could, ahem, acquire some games for GBA. Currently playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Seems awesome, and I enjoy the opportunity to play more of the franchise. I'm taking it slow, but it seems fun, and legit as heck.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2489
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6831 on: March 05, 2019, 06:33:44 PM »
Finally got around to playing Oxenfree, what a weird game, I started a second play through but didn't feel like doing all that traveling so looked up all the endings and the few notes I hadn't found yet. 

It's interesting, I liked playing it, only complaint about the game-play is that choosing what to say disappears too fast, so often you have to decide how to respond to someone before they are finished talking.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6832 on: March 05, 2019, 07:31:49 PM »
At a friends recommendation I recently got Hollow Knight: Voidheart edition. I tell you it's a beautiful game, it's just that the world in it is just so damn big and for right now rivals my ability to effectively navigate through it all.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6833 on: March 13, 2019, 07:32:29 AM »
Man, I love Nintendo for going region-free. I imported the Phoenix Wright Trilogy because the US wasn't getting physical copies and assumed I'd have to wait for the US release in April to be able to play it in English (If at all. A risk I was willing to take because I love those games), but the localized version is already right there on the cart!

The cleaned-up graphics are beautiful. The soundtrack has been decompressed a bit, but still has that same fuzzy sound that the DS had. That's fine. I love the soundtrack. The text has been made nice and big so it can be read easily when playing in TV mode. I haven't played the first 3 games since they came out, so it's a treat revisiting those first cases.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6834 on: March 13, 2019, 12:49:38 PM »
A few days ago I got Kirby: Extra Epic Yarn for 3DS. It's been pretty fun but really not that big of a challenge. I'm about 9/10 of the way through the game. It was basically a port of the Kirby Epic Yarn game from the Wii with a few extras thrown in. It's fun, but I would be lying if I said I found myself really wanting to go back to it over and over.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6835 on: March 13, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
The way to get into Epic Yarn is the same way one gets into a Yoshi game. If you want a nice easy game, you can plow through pretty easily, but if you want a Nintendo-Sized challenge, try to 100% it. Getting all the furniture, fabric types, and soundtracks is a hefty challenge.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #6836 on: March 16, 2019, 02:50:43 PM »
I got Ace Combat 7 for my Xbox one. Now that is a lot of fun to play. I've been playing the Ace Combat games for something like 20 years now and I really enjoy pretty much everything about the game. Flying around, intercepting bogies and shooting down bombers is... well, it's the bomb. The load times are good too.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1389
« Reply #6837 on: March 22, 2019, 12:58:46 PM »
Anyone playing Sekiro yet?  New game by the makers of Dark Souls. I’ll pick it up eventually I’m sure, but currently I’m still slowly making my way through Devil May Cry 5.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 625
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6838 on: March 22, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
Anyone playing Sekiro yet?  New game by the makers of Dark Souls. I’ll pick it up eventually I’m sure, but currently I’m still slowly making my way through Devil May Cry 5.

I've bought it, and quite frankly, I'm having second thoughts. Part of it is definitely that my X360 controller is just too fucked up to play it. And I can't afford both the game and a new controller. I can't run north at all, while so much as tapping the stick south will make me run south. I've tried re-centering the stick as many ways as I know.. to no avail.

Monster Hunter World had similar issues, but no where near as bad. And it's just a lot more fun to play. At present I am playing Celeste, MH:W, The Messenger and Sekiro. Right now, I would pick any of these over Sekiro.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6839 on: March 23, 2019, 06:19:14 AM »
I'm playing a game called Miasma Caves at the moment. It's a pacifist cave-exploring game where you play a dragon lady and search for treasure and sell it. It's currently in Early Access, but it's at a point where I can recommend it for how fun it is. Give it a shot!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/812190/Miasma_Caves/