login

Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 725106 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1187
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #7110 on: December 14, 2019, 03:15:48 PM »
I got Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice off Steam for $10 yesterday. I suspect this was a mistake as the price is back up to $30 today. Variety, I know you really liked this game, so I thought I'd give it a try.

One question though: Does anyone know of a way to swap the left and right speakers without moving the actual speakers? Because of the way my PC is set up, the cables only reach if they're set up backwards. Usually this doesn't matter, but I get the impression it will with this game.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #7111 on: December 14, 2019, 08:44:58 PM »
I got Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice off Steam for $10 yesterday. I suspect this was a mistake as the price is back up to $30 today. Variety, I know you really liked this game, so I thought I'd give it a try.

One question though: Does anyone know of a way to swap the left and right speakers without moving the actual speakers? Because of the way my PC is set up, the cables only reach if they're set up backwards. Usually this doesn't matter, but I get the impression it will with this game.

So be honest, you really should play with headphones. It’s so much better that way. But if you can’t, maybe something there’s something in settings? 

Funny. Just showed my girlfriend the first hour or so of that game cause I had the itch to play after watching the trailer.

Offline Russoguru

• Liked: 1097
« Reply #7112 on: December 15, 2019, 12:04:06 PM »
I want to play Shovel Knight Treasure Trove but... it's 40 damn dollars!!!! Sure, I can drop maybe 20 bucks here and there every month or so on a new game, but 40 bucks? That just pisses me off, especially since I already bought it on the 3DS. I hate having to rebuy games I've already bought on another platform I no longer own.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #7113 on: December 16, 2019, 05:28:48 AM »
Return of the Obra Dinn - A mix of walking simulator and detective game, Return to Obra Dinn is a game that is both deceptively simple but incredibly engaging.  I highly recommend it if you want a dark thriller story told in non-linear order as you try to find out who lived, who died and what killed them.  I'm only a little ways into the game but I highly recommend it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ILolesm8kFY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ILolesm8kFY</a>

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 206
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #7114 on: December 17, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
I'm back (I've been in a Disney+-watching-hole)! I just got back into playing my Nintendo Switch, so here's what I've been playing:
I just bought What Remains of Edith Finch and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair on my Nintendo Switch as both were on sale. My job has had a White Elephant (or a random gift exchange) and I was fortunate to get $35 gift eShop credit! So I put that on my account.

Anyway, I've been playing What Remains of Edith Finch and Pokémon Sword. That being said, WRoEF has a terrible saving system at it saves at random points and if you turn off your game before a certain point, you have to start all over again and it's frustrating to do that.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3095
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7115 on: December 21, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
 With my new hardware I've been trying out the demo for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, I prefer more open world games but man does this look fantastic with all the settings set to ultra and ray tracing turned on...  I did play it a little on my 1070 card with most setting on high, but it did not look as good as it does on the 2070 super card.  I haven't played a linear game in so long it feels so constrained, so I probably won't buy it when done with the demo but maybe when/if it goes on sale sometime.

Offline CJones

« Reply #7116 on: December 21, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »
And here I am still using a GTX 970  :(

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7117 on: December 26, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »
Don't know why I reinstalled No Man's Sky on my updated system, forgot how annoying the build system is, to do it easily you basically need 2 hands on the keyboard and a 3rd hand on the mouse....  I'd try just exploring but I've found that it's so hard to find planets with really interesting stuff on them that it's a lot of wasted time just traveling around.  I should just uninstall it and never go back.

Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are fairly cheap now during the Steam winter sale, both game of the year packs with all the DLCs are $20 each.

Got Witcher 3 installed and pretty sure I'm going to treat this the same as I did Skyrim.  I've gone through the tutorial and started the game but I'm not a fan of combat where you need to quickly switch between many different keys in order to deploy different weapons and movements and cast spells...  But I do love exploring and the quests, so I'll be engaging god mode so I can just keep swinging away without getting hurt and eventually kill anything that is attacking me so I can get on with exploring.

Offline CJones

« Reply #7118 on: December 26, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
Witcher 3 is awesome. One of the top 10 best games I've ever played. I logged about 200 hours on it. I never quite finished Blood & Wine, but that's only because I accidentally deleted my save file :P However, I strongly recommend playing it with a controller. Using the keyboard and mouse is really awkward.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7119 on: December 26, 2019, 07:35:10 PM »
Witcher 3 is awesome. One of the top 10 best games I've ever played. I logged about 200 hours on it. I never quite finished Blood & Wine, but that's only because I accidentally deleted my save file :P However, I strongly recommend playing it with a controller. Using the keyboard and mouse is really awkward.

I could see the combat being easier with a controller, but like I said I'm not really into combat, so if I'm just in it for the exploring and quests the mouse and keyboard controls seem fine.

Offline Russoguru

• Liked: 1097
« Reply #7120 on: December 26, 2019, 08:40:35 PM »
I was playing Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon last night... got it on sale. Just glad that for once a game I want is actually on sale. Not a terribly long game, but still pretty fun.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3898
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #7121 on: December 27, 2019, 07:35:16 PM »
Got a Switch Lite for Christmas and it's even more of a game changer than I thought it would be. Don't know whether it's the simpler design or the lower price point, but I'm not as afraid of breaking it, so I'm playing it a lot more Than I was undocking my regular Switch, which means more game time. The only drawback is that I have it registered as my secondary system, which means it needs to do a quick internet check before playing anything downloadable or with DLC. Also, I have to transfer my save files between systems. (They can't exist on both at once.) That means I'll have to plan carefully before taking it on business trips, but it also means I'll be taking it on business trips. I'm a happy camper, overall.

Offline CJones

« Reply #7122 on: January 04, 2020, 08:37:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U7MJljsoUSo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U7MJljsoUSo</a>

I don't usually go in for puzzle games, but Baba is You is so ingenious I had to give it a try. I heard about this from playing Noita, another ingenious game. One of the devs for Noita also made this game.

This is pretty mind bending. It's part sliding block puzzle, and part existential mind ****, where you have to change the fundamental rules of the game to win the game. Can't figure out how to get past some walls? Change the rules so you play as the walls. Or make the walls the goal. Or remove the "Wall is Stop" rule so you can just walk through them.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3331
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7123 on: January 05, 2020, 02:35:54 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U7MJljsoUSo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U7MJljsoUSo</a>

I don't usually go in for puzzle games, but Baba is You is so ingenious I had to give it a try. I heard about this from playing Noita, another ingenious game. One of the devs for Noita also made this game.

This is pretty mind bending. It's part sliding block puzzle, and part existential mind ****, where you have to change the fundamental rules of the game to win the game. Can't figure out how to get past some walls? Change the rules so you play as the walls. Or make the walls the goal. Or remove the "Wall is Stop" rule so you can just walk through them.

I loved what I played of it, but found it extremely hard very quickly :P
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #7124 on: January 05, 2020, 06:27:20 AM »

I loved what I played of it, but found it extremely hard very quickly :P

Yeahhhh. Great game, but I also got stuck not too far in. Perhaps I should give it another go.