Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 621747 times)

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1408
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6750 on: December 27, 2018, 10:52:53 PM »
Currently debating between Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveller, can anyone recommend either?

EDIT: Should note I'm leaning more toward Xenoblade, but I'm open to being persuaded.

Do let me know what you think of Xenoblade if you get it. I’m nearly done with BotW, and Bayonetta 2 shouldn’t take me long during the next 8 days I have off. Xenoblade 2 will be my next game unless I hear a strong opinion otherwise.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 129
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6751 on: December 28, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »
Currently debating between Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveller, can anyone recommend either?

EDIT: Should note I'm leaning more toward Xenoblade, but I'm open to being persuaded.

I love Octopath Traveler to pieces. The fights are long, though, because the game is old-school as heck, for better or worse.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 429
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6752 on: December 28, 2018, 09:43:58 AM »

I love Octopath Traveler to pieces. The fights are long, though, because the game is old-school as heck, for better or worse.

It's very much a JRPG, right?

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6753 on: December 28, 2018, 11:00:31 AM »

Yes, but one that pays tribute to games like FF6 on the Super Nintendo…

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6754 on: December 28, 2018, 11:43:50 AM »

Ok, that kinda seals it, going for Xenoblade. From what I've seen, it's less of a traditional JRPG, and that's good for me, since I'm not a huge fan of that style of game.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6755 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »

Ok, that kinda seals it, going for Xenoblade. From what I've seen, it's less of a traditional JRPG, and that's good for me, since I'm not a huge fan of that style of game.

Fair enough. You do you!

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 425
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6756 on: December 28, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »
I'm looking forward to some... well I was about to say "New", but since these are technically games that have already seen a release in some form I'm not sure I can use that word. The first is Onimusha: Warlords which is getting remastered in HD for the Xbox one, not sure about its release status on the PS4. Also, and this seems like a straight up remake from everything I have seen but Capcoms going to be releasing a brand new version of Resident Evil 2 for Xbox one in February. Not sure if I'll get either or both, it all comes down to the size of the games. I'm also thinking of getting Dead or Alive 6 when it comes out in February. I'll just have to see how the reviews are.

I was playing Dead or Alive 5: Last Round a few nights ago. I swear, at one point I did manage to beat the hardest difficulty on the game, but it was a tag team match consisting of Lisa and Tina, and I tried it again and I just kept getting my ass kicked.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6757 on: December 30, 2018, 10:43:00 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 got here today, and so I sat down to play it. Seems like a great game so far, especially if you like cute waifus and oversized sapient weaponry. So any JRPG, really. I've completed Chapter 1, and boy howdy, were there a LOT of cutscenes. Probably something like 70/30 gameplay to cutscenes, but the thing is, there's as much or as little gameplay as you want, because I'm pretty sure you could clear the chapter quickly if you just did the story. But the fun is in exploring and finding side quests to do, and exploring the GORGEOUS environments. Seriously, it's an incredibly beautiful game. The combat is a little slower than I like, but it's more than just menu clicks, and it seems like there's a lot of depth you can get out of the system. It reminds me a bit of FFXIII, actually, which is cool, because I'm one of like ten people who liked that game. Similar, but done a lot better.

I wish it would explain things more instead of relying on the player to have knowledge or pick stuff up with context. The whole Blades and Drivers thing was confusing me a bit. Still, fantastic game and looking forward to playing it more.

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #6758 on: December 31, 2018, 07:19:29 AM »
That’s good news!  Probably going to pick that up then.

I’m trying very hard to stay away from Monster Hunter on the PC. It’s on sale, and part of me wants to play it. But the other part of me knows I’m not going to sink the time necessary to be any good at it. And I don’t have anyone else to play with. And I also don’t really like games where you just grind for gear, which from what I understand is 90% of monster hunter.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2974
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6759 on: December 31, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »
Yeah, Monster Hunter is pretty much a whole game based on the crafting part of MMOs. It's a blast if you like that kind of thing.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 425
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6760 on: January 01, 2019, 06:48:34 PM »
I don't know what it is... but Monster Hunter has absolutely zero appeal to me. I tried playing it on the Wii U one time but my experience was so "blyeah" that I just couldn't work up the interest to play it ever again. It's just not fun to me.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2550
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6761 on: January 01, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
I don't know what it is... but Monster Hunter has absolutely zero appeal to me. I tried playing it on the Wii U one time but my experience was so "blyeah" that I just couldn't work up the interest to play it ever again. It's just not fun to me.

Same
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6762 on: January 01, 2019, 11:39:59 PM »
I'm glad that I got an itch to play an RPG, because Xenoblade is hella fun. It's goofy and beautiful, and the more I play it, the more I enjoy it. Not to mention a plethora of waifus. I wish it would stop teasing me and let me keep tsundere catgirl, though.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #6763 on: January 02, 2019, 06:06:14 AM »
I'm glad that I got an itch to play an RPG, because Xenoblade is hella fun. It's goofy and beautiful, and the more I play it, the more I enjoy it. Not to mention a plethora of waifus. I wish it would stop teasing me and let me keep tsundere catgirl, though.

Glad you’re enjoying the game you bought!  :D

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #6764 on: January 02, 2019, 07:36:33 AM »
And now that I finished Bayonetta 2, I’ll have to buy it as well.

Did you ever play the first Xenoblade Lesbunny?  I remember enjoying that one quite a bit too.