Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 584704 times)

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 224
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6315 on: February 02, 2018, 11:42:12 PM »
Hmmm, well, since I'm never going to be owning a Switch I guess I'll never see their usefulness for myself.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 60
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6316 on: February 03, 2018, 04:54:28 AM »
Night in the Woods was just released for the Switch so I decided to give it a spin since I never played the PC version.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 207
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6317 on: February 03, 2018, 09:53:54 AM »
I have 6 Amiibo from Smash that I rather enjoy. They feel kind of like Pokémon that I can have battle against my friends. I also enjoy playing someone who's not strictly a CPU, since they have better AI and higher skill caps.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6318 on: February 03, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »
I found some enjoyment in Animal Crossing: New Leaf in that I found a cool style for my character. I bought a Gas mask and a Police cap. They go really well together with pretty much any style. I must wonder what the citizens think of a Mayor who runs around town wearing a gas mask and police hat.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2315
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6319 on: February 03, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
Back to playing Subnautica in survival mode, got a bunch of indoor planters going so I should be good as far as food and water goes...

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6320 on: February 04, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »
I played Resident Evil 4 earlier and... sigh I've come to the conclusion that I am SO over Resident Evil games. Just not interested any more, same with Metal Gear.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6321 on: February 05, 2018, 07:45:35 PM »
I really hate that most of the modding community for Bethesda games is honry 14 year olds. The vanilla body in Fallout 4 is actually the best body that Bethesda has ever made, it's nicely proportioned, it's not ridiculous or anything like that. Most body mods increase certain... aspects of the female anatomy, as well as making any actor(PC or NPC) using that mod naked. However, there's the major problem that most of the really good armour mods use CBBE, which is the most used body mod, for their mesh, and if you don't use it... things get weird. There's an option in the installer for the body mod that has a nevernude option, but it adds old 1950's style undergarments, and I'm not a huge fan of the look of those. It really bugs me that I had such an issue finding a mod that would keep the vanilla body, but allow me to use CBBE exclusive armours. FINALLY, I found one that uses the CBBE files and meshes, alters them so that they're exactly the same as the vanilla body, keeps the vanilla underwear, BUT allows me to use the program BodySlide(which was created to allow people to tailor the CBBE body and armours using it to any specifications that they wanted, usually gigantic mammaries) to specify that I want it to use these updated meshes, allowing me to use any armour mod with minimal effort.

I also accidentally uninstalled all the mods that I had installed for my character, and fixed this while reinstalling all of my mods. I feel accomplished.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6322 on: February 06, 2018, 09:08:58 PM »
I was playing Life Is Strange episode 2 earlier and while I was in the Two Whales Diner, Chloe said "I'm hungry like the wolf"... I sincerely hope that was a Duran Duran reference.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2315
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6323 on: February 07, 2018, 03:05:47 PM »
Trying out Cities Skylines while the free trial on Steam is happening (3 days left).

So close to being a game I would like, it's got building stuff, stratagy, but I find the interface clunky, and it gets to be too much after you get up over 10,000 population.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6324 on: February 07, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »
So, I've been on a Star Trek bender lately. Since I went and visited Hana in the UK, she and I have been enjoying the various Star Trek series on Netflix, off and on. We also have played some Star Trek Online, and I have to say, that game is a lot better than I thought it was. I had thought it was straight up ignored or dead, but no, it's still receiving updates. I also get to play as a Romulan, and since they're the most interesting race in the series(imo, anyway), i ditched my Admiral in Star Fleet. The space battles are so much fun. It feels really good to manage your power outputs, or directing shields toward the enemy attacks, or even cloaking to drop out of combat and wait for your cooldowns. The game is fun, and enjoyable.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6325 on: February 08, 2018, 01:25:02 AM »
Okay so I really decided to immerse myself in Animal crossing: New Leaf. By that, I mean that to get a helluva lot more bells I went to Tortimer island, cut down all the trees and shrubbery in the middle section, then waited until nightfall to capture those big bugs that you'll randomly find on trees on the outer circle of the island. They bring in a surprising amount of bells and as a result I've already paid off both the home loans, got an ordinance going and funded a couple public works projects such as a little campground and a clock for the city... don't get on my case please I didn't want to overreach.

Anyways I'm fairly decent at catching those big bugs that bring in the bells but... a little too often I'll find them flying away just as they're about to get within range of my net, which leaves me screaming at my 2DS. Oh well, at least every trip to Tortimer island always pays for itself. I may be no entomologist, but on a good night I can bring home tons of Goliath Beetles, the Cyclomattus Stags, and Horned Atlases. 

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2681
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6326 on: February 08, 2018, 08:31:59 AM »
Yeah, with those big beetles, you pretty much have to approach them by moving your stick the bare minimum it needs to start moving. Takes forever, but it's worth it for the bells.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6327 on: February 08, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
So, I've been on a Star Trek bender lately. Since I went and visited Hana in the UK, she and I have been enjoying the various Star Trek series on Netflix, off and on. We also have played some Star Trek Online, and I have to say, that game is a lot better than I thought it was. I had thought it was straight up ignored or dead, but no, it's still receiving updates. I also get to play as a Romulan, and since they're the most interesting race in the series(imo, anyway), i ditched my Admiral in Star Fleet. The space battles are so much fun. It feels really good to manage your power outputs, or directing shields toward the enemy attacks, or even cloaking to drop out of combat and wait for your cooldowns. The game is fun, and enjoyable.

It's been a long time since I tried ST Online, might be worth taking another look at. I got pretty tired of free to play, pay to win type of games though, so that was one of many I put down for that reason.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6328 on: February 08, 2018, 03:32:27 PM »
In addition to Animal Crossing, I was also playing Life is Strange earlier. I've been playing it since... damn I've already been playing it since January of 2016. Anyways since I'm a fan of the game I wanted to find an Arcadia Bay shirt(Arcadia Bay is where the game takes place), anyways, I found an officially licensed shirt in my size and ordered it... funny thing, the currency was in British Pounds so I guess it's going to ship from the UK. Whatever, I've waited this long to get it, I can wait a little while longer.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1259
« Reply #6329 on: February 08, 2018, 03:33:20 PM »
Been playing Final Fantasy XII on steam.  I mentioned in the news thread that I was so hyped for this game in highschool.  I enjoyed it when it came out, but I never beat it for some unknown reason.  So I'm really glad to have the chance to play it again.

After played FFX and FFXIII recently, I forgot that FF games can have interesting stories and characters.  The English voice acting and pacing in X is painful.  But wow, FFXII is great so far in the story department.  The voice acting is superb, and all of the different relationships between characters provides for some interesting conflicts.  I really like a lot of the characters, and I don't find anyone hopelessly annoying, which is saying a lot for a FF game.  A lot of it must have went over my head when I first played it, because I don't remember being the interested in the plot.

The graphics look nice all spruced up.  The license and job system is weird, and I can't tell yet if it's good weird or just weird.  I do feel like I picked the wrong job for a couple of my characters, so now I don't like using them, which kind of sucks.  But oh well.

EDIT:  Just googled it.  You can't change jobs, but later on you can pick a second one.  So that'll fix my issue of a lack of magic users.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:35:23 PM by Variety of Cells »