Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 493417 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6165 on: August 13, 2017, 05:05:02 AM »
I'm now playing Slime Rancher, which is what you get when you combine the slimes from the Dragon Quest series, Harvest Moon, and a First-Person Shooter. It's extremely fun!

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #6166 on: August 13, 2017, 06:16:02 AM »
Me and my friend started Jumpjet Rex last night.  It's a pretty fun old-school game.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KTGLIAXPbKg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KTGLIAXPbKg</a>

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6167 on: September 11, 2017, 07:05:05 AM »
I'm playing the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Goddamn, this game is addictive!

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
« Reply #6168 on: September 11, 2017, 07:35:32 AM »
Me and my friends are playing Duck Game during a get together vacation.  Trust me, this is a fantastic party game the feels like the best of Smash Brothers and Golden Eye.  With ducks.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #6169 on: September 11, 2017, 10:23:39 AM »
I'm playing the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Goddamn, this game is addictive!

Wish I could, it looks quite fun.

Instead I've been playing a few things. I beat Enslaved which was ok. I wanted to play another Ninja Theory game because Hellblade and DMC were so good. Now I'm playing Absolver, which is fun but I don't really get it yet.  I understood For Honnors mechanics and timings. I wasn't great at it, but I understood it. Whereas I don't yet understand what is going on with Absolver's fight mechanics, but I can sense that there is something deeper to grasp. Going to spend some more time with it.

Also been playing West of Loathing, which is funny and enjoyable. I had to restart because Hard Hat mode was too hard. It's a little too easy without Hard Hat now, but it's a silly game with simple mechanics so I guess I don't need it to be hard to be enjoyable. It's no Dark Souls. Dying all the time was just breaking up the flow of the humor.

I purchased Tyrany because it was on sale so we'll see if I have time to give that a go. And I'm looking forward to the next Shadow of Mordor game, but I also want to protest it for including micro transactions in a single player game. It's a shitty move, and to all those who say 'if you don't like it, don't use micro transactions', you're missing the point. There has to be some insentive to use them, which invetiably makes things you earn in game take longer, instead of at a comfortable pace. It just increases grinding. But if reviews come out saying it's the bee's knees then I'll cave and get it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:27:03 AM by Variety of Cells »

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
« Reply #6170 on: September 12, 2017, 05:36:42 AM »
Me and my friends played Screencheat, a wacky first person shooter where all the other characters are invisible.  Your only chance?  Look at the other players screens to figure out where they are. It's a lot of fun.

Offline Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
« Reply #6171 on: September 15, 2017, 01:59:26 PM »
I got Metroid: Samus returns today for the 3DS. It's pretty good so far. I'm not too far into it, but it's so far a pretty fun experience.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #6172 on: September 16, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »
X-Com 2: War of the Chosen

It's pretty damn good, though I think $40 is a bit steep for an add-on. $30 would have been more appropriate. Even though this plays on top of the main campaign, just like Enemy Within, it adds a ton of new features. Most notably are the three new factions (whose leaders are voiced by Riker, Worf and Troi of ST:TNG fame), which effectively add three new playable classes. And they play quite unlike your own soldiers. The other most notable new feature are the Chosen, three assholes who can appear at random (so far only one at a time) during any battle taking place in an area they control. Think of them like the Orc Chieftains in Shadow of Mordor. They're bosses with specific strengths and weaknesses.

I might recommend waiting for a sale, but it is very good.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #6173 on: September 19, 2017, 12:27:19 PM »
X-Com 2: War of the Chosen

It's pretty damn good, though I think $40 is a bit steep for an add-on. $30 would have been more appropriate. Even though this plays on top of the main campaign, just like Enemy Within, it adds a ton of new features. Most notably are the three new factions (whose leaders are voiced by Riker, Worf and Troi of ST:TNG fame), which effectively add three new playable classes. And they play quite unlike your own soldiers. The other most notable new feature are the Chosen, three assholes who can appear at random (so far only one at a time) during any battle taking place in an area they control. Think of them like the Orc Chieftains in Shadow of Mordor. They're bosses with specific strengths and weaknesses.

I might recommend waiting for a sale, but it is very good.

95% chance to hit: Missed
93% chance: Missed
95% at point blank range: Missed

This was three shots against the same guy in the same mission. BULL SHIT. I remember now why I hate this game  ::)