Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 492520 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Twins Territory
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories   - Definitely worth the 20 dollar price tag, graphics/game play are far superior to the original Vice City.

NHL 2K7 - Another great game by 2K sports

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 10:20:42 AM »
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories   - Definitely worth the 20 dollar price tag, graphics/game play are far superior to the original Vice City.

And I can probably get it cheaper if I buy it used.

when I first started playing Liberty City Stories, I completely knew my way around already, just from playing the original so much.  But it surprised me because I haven't played it in years, but I still remembered all the streets and locations. It was like going home....
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline MarkAndrew

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
Supreme Commander with some sporadic Magic The Gathering: Online and City of Heroes.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »
I would play SC if my computer could run it. loved TA.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 11:09:21 AM »

when I first started playing Liberty City Stories, I completely knew my way around already, just from playing the original so much.  But it surprised me because I haven't played it in years, but I still remembered all the streets and locations. It was like going home....

Yup, its really a testimat to the level design in Liberty City. I too had that instant playability in Liberty City Stories. Unfortunately the level design isn't nearly as good in Vice City (in my opinion), but with the improved graphics at least you can see the city better than in the original.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 06:55:03 PM »
Neverwinter Nights (anyone?), Valkyrie Profile 2 (Lezard might be the coolest character ever), and New Super Mario Bros.
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Hello!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »
Neverwinter Nights (anyone?), Valkyrie Profile 2 (Lezard might be the coolest character ever), and New Super Mario Bros.

Yes, BobEvil, my post (above) mentions NWN1.  We play multiplayer as often as we can.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 08:05:23 AM »
I'm currently about an hour from finishing God of War II on God mode (Hard) then it's on to Titan mode (Very hard) and the bonus areas.  I hate being anal retentive.  Then I think I'll take a crack at Bully, waiting for GTA IV to come out.  Maybe on the above recommendations I'll check out the two GTA stories games too. 

Johnny_Short_Torso

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »
I got a bunch of Xbox Live Arcade Games lately, but some of my favorite 360 games, arcade and actual disc-games are:

Castlevania: Symphony of the night
Feeding frenzy
Robotron 2084
Doom

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Burnout: revenge
Call of duty 2
Crimson skies
Dead or alive 4
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Lord of the rings: Battle for middle earth 2

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
The only remotely "modern" game I still play is the occasional game of Madden 2007. I finally got burned out on World of Warcraft a couple of months back and the expansion wasn't enough to keep me interested.

I still have a couple of old school titles hanging around that I play once in awhile. I reinstalled X-Wing Alliance a couple of months back and play it on occasion... and I keep an old Windows 2000 PC around just to keep my ancient High Heat 2002 baseball franchise alive. (It doesn't run on WinXP).

Having reached my mid-30's... I think I've reserved myself to the fact that I'm not going to keep up on the latest consoles and/or video cards anymore. Geting old is a bitch that way...

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Snarl!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 09:45:49 AM »
Medieval 2: Total War
Oblivion sometimes
Doom 3
Ghost Recon 2
Soul Calibur 2 when my friends are over. I use the samurai guy, which is so out of character for me I think it started raining blood when I selected him and decided I liked him.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »
And I forgot DDR Universe. Gotta try to stay in shape! OK. To GET in shape. :^) The graphics are real perdy. The colors are bright and that's all that matters in DDR because all you see is arrows. For all I know, your dancer does a little striptease while you dance. :^)

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 10:40:52 AM »
I play a little Guitar Hero 2 a few times a week, and Puzzle Quest if I have some time to kill.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Hello!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »
I play a little Guitar Hero 2 a few times a week, and Puzzle Quest if I have some time to kill.

I LOVE the commercial for Guitar Hero II!  Epic animation and artistic style!  Very cool.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
I went from playing GTA: SA to playing Metal Gear.  I'm still playing City of Heroes, getting ready for the next big thing.