Author Topic: Anaconda Live!  (Read 9169 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Anaconda Live!
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »
It's a rainy, inside kind of day.  I feel like playing with clay.  You?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 01:10:23 PM »
Saw the encore. Great show! The Voight self-colonoscopy joke killed me.
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
"Gah! With a face like that whatever's going on out of frame cannot be good!"

And I still really, really cracked up over Bill's flub introducing the movie and the way the guys played off of it.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
Bill's famous for that:  "If they get to play PCP, so do I!"
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
A good 37% of this rifftrax was carried by John Voight's face.
Saw the encore with friends because we couldn't make the first showing. Loved it. There was some joke about them yelling away a famous nature-documentary maker and telling him to go to hell, but I can't recall the name.

Also, WOW. This movie was made of 90% contrivance. Every step of the way they needed to ignore pertinent information or backtrack or something, anything to railroad the characters into the den of the snake. Did the writers ever even think about, like, letting the situation evolve naturally? It should NOT take that much work to get people doing a documentary in the rainforest river into trouble with an anaconda. There's lots of ways you could do it.

The thing that sticks out to me the most is the deadly wasp in the air tank device. Like, you can't think of a less obvious way to do that? A slow leak around the sealant maybe? NOBODY saw that as suspicious, or even SOUGHT an explanation for it? IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?!

The rifftrax was fun.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »
I just loved that *no one* questioned the wasp in the breather. It made perfect sense to them that the wasp was in the breather or tubing.

And didn't Voight say it was deadly poisonous? How did the improvised trache stop the poison?! Stoltz laid on that bed unconscious for several days with A HOLE IN HIS THROAT and he lived?! How die he eat? Get water? In a hospital when you have tracheotomy you're hooked up to a breathing tube to the hole (the only way you can breathe when there's a HOLE IN YOUR THROAT!) as well as IVs hooked up to your vein to give you nutrition and hydration.

Stoltz is just laying there in bed with a bandage around his neck and a wound apparently so tenuous Voight is easily able to re-open it during their rumble later on.  I'm willing to hand wave away things like infection setting in due to the environment they're in and the number of microscopic creatures not to mention macroscopic bugs and such in the area.  Movies often forget about tiny things like that.

But it's hard to believe the trache was such a non-issue when it comes to his healing or even ability to talk later on.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 05:25:12 PM »
Movies like this piss me off when they feel the need to add a human antagonist in a situation like this. Seriously, they are IN THE RAINFOREST! Literally everything wants to, and can, kill you! There is absolutely no reason there needs to be any human interference to cause them to come up against huge anacondas that can go wherever they damn well please.

Online The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
I'm just wondering if they'll get around to the sequels that add even worse cgi, a snake that begs to have train sounds added with the way it moves, and John Rhys Davies.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »
Movies like this piss me off when they feel the need to add a human antagonist in a situation like this. Seriously, they are IN THE RAINFOREST! Literally everything wants to, and can, kill you! There is absolutely no reason there needs to be any human interference to cause them to come up against huge anacondas that can go wherever they damn well please.

Yeah. There are plenty of ways they could have ended up stuck in the Anaconda Zone without Voight's obsessed hunting and betrayal.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »
Werner Herzog! That was the documentary maker they told to go to hell, and he said "I am already there." I liked that riff.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »
Too bad that this isn't on NatGeo, I could definitely imagine the guys having fun with it:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/eaten-by-an-anaconda-whats-754073?facebook_20141206