login

Author Topic: Anaconda Live!  (Read 12803 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Anaconda Live!
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »
Great riff, had a lot of fun. So did my friend Sheila, who is relatively new to riffs.

Yeah, the waterfall going backward was amazing. THIS WAS A THEATRICAL MOVIE, AND THEY LEFT THAT IN?! I mean yeah the CGI mostly sucks, but by 1997 standards it wasn't too bad. There were certainly a lot of bod movies in the 90s that had much worse CGI.

jonalame

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »
This was the best live riff since Manos. The sound was good throughout and I already had a few belly laughs by the time the short was over. Most of the lines I was going to mention have already been mentioned, but here are a few of my favorites(paraphrased!):

"I chased a guy up the mast and he shot himself! It was great!"

"If you need someone to scowl at water, Jon Voight."

"It looks like he's doing a constant Christopher Walken impression without the talking part."

Bill's flub about Jennifer Lawrence and the improv afterward.

"MUahhahahaha, not evil, muahahaha!"

"Speaking of male flashes... Zip. Flop."

The part where they take waspthroatguy back to bed and back out of the movie.

"Lady Scarecrows for everybody!"

The guys went a little bluer than usual and it seemed to fit the movie.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »
That's cool! You'll have to let us know which riff was yours.

My line was: "Jon Voight's self-administered colonoscopy."  That was when he was swallowed by the snake.  It looked like someone's head going up a very large intestine, hence the joke. :)  Of all the jokes I sent them, the colonoscopy joke was the one I was hoping they'd choose.  So, I was thrilled.   The audience reaction in the theater I was in was good.  It was a mixture of laughter and "oh, gross" sounds.   I'm happy! :D

The sound was very good.  The screen was little dark at first, but they got that worked out pretty quickly.

I saw your name a the end credits and said "I sorta kinda know that person online kinda!" really loudly in the theater. My wife was probably embarrassed.

You do know me online!  Thanks for mentioning that in the theater. :)

i heard someone behind me say, "Well, there he is, that's his name." when my credit rolled by.  I didn't look to see who it was, but I sure wanted to!

I talked to some late-teen/early 20's kids after the show.  They said it was their first time seeing a Rifftrax, and the want to see more. Word about Rifftrax is getting out!  I told them about the upcoming Christmas show.  They said they'd be there.

Again, the sound was basically perfect in the theater I was in.  Great show!

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Eric Pode of Croydon

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
I was midair when it was on, so taking the lads to see it on Tuesday.

Who won the riff contest? Anyone we know?

Online CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »
I'll be attending the encore show tomorrow. It sounds like the sound issues have been remedied for the most part.  :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:05:46 AM by CHF01 »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
I'll be attending the encore show tomorrow. It sounds like the sound issues have been remedied for the most part.  :D

I'm going, too. Missed the into and a couple minutes of the short. Besides, I was laughing so much, I missed some jokes.

No idea who won the Riff contest.  Hey!  That reminds me!  I paid  $1,000 to write a riff, and they let someone else riff for free AND gave them 100 bucks of goodies?  No wonder their emails to me always started with "Dear Sucker Miku Fan," Blimey!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
Time to prepare for the show!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »
Missed the live broadcast, but managed to catch the rerun.

Favorite lines:

"You'll find I'm more British than Bertie Wooster."
"Marty McFlies...ooh, sorry, sore spot."
The Jungle Cruise reference
The "sink this bitch" callback

Stray observation: was it just me, or did Mateo look like a lost Nick Kroll character?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 07:13:50 PM »
Stray observation: was it just me, or did Mateo look like a lost Nick Kroll character?

Very much so.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
Went to repeat tonight as well, loved it just much as I did the first time.  It's really a big shame the Live! versions of these last few riffs, being big movies, won't likely have DVD releases ever. There's just a great deal of charm to seeing the guys in these live shows, in particular when there's things like Bill's little flub in introducing the movie.

Funny, funny, riff and bravo to the guys, again.  Lots of big laughs in this.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
I arrived at the theater at 6:30, to catch the slide show. Theater was dark, and I was the only one there. I thought, "this sucks, I hope more people come to see the movie!"  Finally, a couple arrived.  I asked them why we were the only ones there. "The movie doesn't start for another 45 minutes, dude!"   Seems it started at 7:30 tonight, not 7:00.

So, the crowd DID arrive.  the slide show was funny.  Kevin's song  was funny.  The crowd was almost as large as Thursday's crowd!

I picked up on a few jokes I missed last time.  I will definitely start watching both showings from now on.  The second showing was even more fun than the first one. I don't know why, it just was.  ;D

The sound was a little loud, but I definitely prefer that to the sound issues of the past. I could hear every joke, and all of the movie.

Even though Darth might be NPC ( "Not Particularly Charmed"- see random thoughts thread) by my opinion, Sharknado is still my favorite live.  That could change when Santa gets riffed in December!  Well, Manos was my favorite, but I didn't see it live, I saw a rebroadcast of it.

Anyway, it was great, and I'm really glad I went again! Great job, Rifftrax! :highfive:

Edited to add: Actually, Godzilla would be my favorite, as I was at the Belcourt theater in the second row, directly in front of Michael J, Nelson, Kevin J, Murphy and Bill J. Corbett. Also got to hang out with them, as well as Conor J.Lastowka and Shawn J. IapologizebutIforgotyourlastname!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:25:26 PM by Miku Fan »
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 02:35:59 AM »
Yeah, for whatever reason the encore showings have been at 7:30. You'd think your ticket purchasing, ticket itself, marquee at the ticket booth and theater door would have revealed that. ;)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 02:53:44 AM »
Yeah, for whatever reason the encore showings have been at 7:30. You'd think your ticket purchasing, ticket itself, marquee at the ticket booth and theater door would have revealed that. ;)

Ah, but that theory would have required me to not be oblivious. I assumed, assumed and assumed again.  But, the lesson is learned. :)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Online CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »
Attended the encore show last night. Great...but my theater's volume was way too loud  :-\
Looking forward to the studio MP3 commentary release.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »
Attended the encore show last night. Great...but my theater's volume was way too loud  :-\
Looking forward to the studio MP3 commentary release.

Did anyone like Kevin's song at the beginning and end? It was pretty darn funny!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!