login

Author Topic: Anaconda Live!  (Read 12794 times)

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
Re: Anaconda Live!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:50 PM »
I had zero issues too. It was way way too loud during the intro, but once the movie started it was sorted out and was just perfect.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »
One of their best live riffs in a while... far better than Godzilla and Starship Troopers, maybe because the movie itself wasn't so godawfully long.

Our theater had the volume up WAAAAY too loud thru the entire thing, but it was obviously the theater's fault. The levels of the show were fine, and once Janelle and I shoved napkin into our respective ears we were fine. (I used the restroom part-way thru the show and I could hear it clear as day over 10 feet from the closed door to the theater, it was that loud)

All in all though, it was a fantastic show!! And what was the whole email thing? Janelle caught something about email surprise or whatever but I missed it completely I guess...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »
It was an Email address that if you Email it, They'll send a coupon that can be stacked with the one on the goodies page and a free download of the Rifftrax for Halloween. (That is, the Riff for the movie, Halloween.)

Offline skyroniter

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • MST3KVideos
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »
And I'd think they'd have at least one in November.

I don't think they do one in November. Until this year it's always been August, October and/or December.
I am going to the live taping in Durham tomorrow.
Does anyone know if they sign autographs as part of the show?
A little late but I know... no. That's now part of higher level Kickstarter rewards.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
That's cool! You'll have to let us know which riff was yours.

My line was: "Jon Voight's self-administered colonoscopy."  That was when he was swallowed by the snake.  It looked like someone's head going up a very large intestine, hence the joke. :)  Of all the jokes I sent them, the colonoscopy joke was the one I was hoping they'd choose.  So, I was thrilled.   The audience reaction in the theater I was in was good.  It was a mixture of laughter and "oh, gross" sounds.   I'm happy! :D

The sound was very good.  The screen was little dark at first, but they got that worked out pretty quickly.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »
It was really loud for the first few minutes at my theater but ok after that.

Favorite line off the top of my head: [paraphrased heavily]: "Uh, snake, there's a thing right underneath you called 'water' that can put out fire. Just going to scream it off, huh?" I also liked that they got in jokes about present-day Jon Voight's political leanings (I think that's about all I'll say about that here though) and his appearance in Baby Geniuses 2.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:37:45 PM by MightyBombJack »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »

My line was: "Jon Voight's self-administered colonoscopy."  That was when he was swallowed by the snake.  It looked like someone's head going up a very large intestine, hence the joke. :)  Of all the jokes I sent them, the colonoscopy joke was the one I was hoping they'd choose.  So, I was thrilled.   The audience reaction in the theater I was in was good.  It was a mixture of laughter and "oh, gross" sounds.   I'm happy! :D

The sound was very good.  The screen was little dark at first, but they got that worked out pretty quickly.

Get out of town! That riff was my favorite of the night and got the biggest laugh out of me. Good jorb!

Offline nurg

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 02:23:00 AM »
Couldn't make the Thursday show--Devil's Night makes me reluctant to go anywhere!--but we'll catch it Tuesday. Looking forward to what sounded like a great show!

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 03:56:46 AM »
Our video was jumpy occasionally, especially when text showed up onscreen. They tried to fix it by pausing the live show ???, but it didn't help. It didn't affect the movies parts, but was really annoying during the pre-show slides.

The audio was extremely loud. My wife had her hands over her ears most of the time. It was just borderline for me, but I did noticed when I left the theater momentarily that our movie was the only one that you could hear in the hall. It wasn't as bad as a previous live show, though, when I thought blood was going to start dripping out of my ears. We may invest in some ear plugs.

The riff was great. There were about a half-dozen "top-shelf" hilarious riffs, and it was pretty good throughout. Not sure if I'd put it above Sharknado, but it's definitely better than Godzilla.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 04:08:50 AM »
I hadn't seen the movie since it was in the theater & even then I spotted the waterfall, so I'm glad they made mention of it.  :)

I liked it better than the Godzilla riff.  Godzilla had the audio issues and the "ok the movie should be wrapping up now. No? Oh. And NOW it should be wrapping up. Not yet? It's still going?" thing.  Anaconda just lent to better riffing. Maybe not as good as Sharknado, but definitely one I'm looking forward to watching again.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 04:27:18 AM »
Loved the subtle "Marty McFly" jab.  Took me a few minutes to catch it though.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »
Birmingham, AL reporting in. Fun show! Very loud in our theater. Not as loud as Sharknado or Starship Troopers, but still very loud (waaay better than Godzilla, soundwise [gamgee]).

My favorite lines (paraphrased from memory):
  • "I'd rather someone cap a pop in my a** than a fish in my d***"
  • "With that face, the rest of him can't be doing anything good" (*huge* laugh in our theater)
  • "Common freakin senblblblbl..."
  • "Jonah's loser cousin"
  • "Upton Sinclair, are you there?" (not a laugh heard anywhere, but I really liked it)
  • "There was this one girlfriend, her name was Lisa. She was so beautiful..."

I also really loved the movie's inconsistencies:
  • The whole fish after Jon Voight chopped it up
  • The upwards waterfall (jaw droppingly bad!)
  • The snake not putting itself out in the water
  • The "bad screenwriting technique" of stating characters motivations every 30 seconds ("I hope they have fuel.")
That self-administered colonoscopy joke got a big laugh/gross-out reaction in our theater too! There were a lot of other jokes I loved

I had fun. I enjoyed my time. A very fun way to spend a couple hours. Looking forward to Santa Claus on Dec 4th and the National Geographic shows on Dec 16th.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:08:51 AM by stansimpson »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
Sounds like a few theatres tried to fix the audio issues by just cranking the volume up.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
It just occurred to me that there was no Realdoll joke in this one (unless it happened while I slipped out to quickly use the bathroom). For a while, it seemed like there was one in every live show, don't remember if there was one in Godzilla or not.

I have to confess that the Marty McFlies joke was a little bit of a way-homer for me.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:29 PM »

I saw your name a the end credits and said "I sorta kinda know that person online kinda!" really loudly in the theater. My wife was probably embarrassed.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.