login

Author Topic: Anaconda Live!  (Read 12804 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Anaconda Live!
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:38:18 AM »
Well, later today, I hit the road to see Anaconda.  Not going to the live show in Carolina.  Going to watch it in Little Rock with my Rifftrax buddy.  He usually comes to Memphis, but this time  I am  going to his place.

Tonight, we'll go out somewhere for dinner, probably an Indian restaurant, since we both love Indian food.  Then, we'll exchange our Vocaloid (Miku and friends) collections. We have over 60 kilo songs between us.

We'll probably watch some Rifftrax, of course!  Then, tomorrow night, It's Rifftrax Live!!
YAY!

I'm very excited about this for a number of reasons.  The main reason is, the live riff of Anaconda, of course!  But, I'll have a joke or two in there, as well, and will be listed in the credits as "Guest Riff Writer."

My biggest thrill as a fan was spending about 90 minutes with Mike Kevin and Bill, as well as Conor and Shawn, in Nashville, the day before the show.  Nothing will top that!

Also, I got second row seats, right in front of Mike for the Godzilla show- second biggest thrill.

But, knowing I wrote one or more jokes for Anaconda is also a thrill.  They never told me which joke(s) of mine they would use.   That's OK, as I'll know which joke(s) is/are mine.

My pool of jokes start when Jon Voight butts Ice Cube in the face with a rifle, up to the moment the snake regurgitates Jon Voight.  I did NOT try to write a joke for the "vomiting of Jon Voight"!  That scene requires a professional touch, so I didn't even try to write a joke for that. I  can't wait to see what the guys have to say about that scene. ;D   

I hope my joke, whichever it is, gives a few people a laugh. :)

At any rate, I'm a happy, happy fan.  This kickstarter has been great.  I got to fulfill almost all of my MST/Rifftrax fan fantasies.  The people at Rifftrax have been SUPER NICE to me.  For that, I am grateful! 

Mike, Bill, and  Kevin: What a rush to meet you all. So much fun.  You treated me and the other fans extremely well.  You were friendly and open to us.  You all were great!

Conor and Shawn:  It was a blast meeting you. Thank you for your kindness and you help! The guys chose well, when they chose you to be on their team. Thank you both for everything you have done for me. And you really did help me a lot!

Sarah:  You did a lot of behind the scenes work for me and the other fans.  I'm grateful to you for all the hard work you did, to make a flawless and fun experience for all of us fans.  Thank you!

Bob: You did something special for me and my guest at Godzilla :highfive:.  You know what it was.  Thank you sir, my friend and I are grateful!

I still have one more reward coming, and it's going to be great!  More on that, when the time comes.   

Rifftrax is the best!  Nice, down to Earth people, and funny as can be!  I'm proud to be a Rifftrax fan, and proud to be a MST fan since 1989!

See you all at the show Thursday night!  Here's to us all having a great time!
 :clap: 8) ;D

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Anaconda Live!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:06:31 AM »
That's cool! You'll have to let us know which riff was yours.

Offline Satellite of Love

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 631
  • We Got Movie Sign!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »
Is anaconda the last rifftrax of this year, or is there another one coming after this?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
Is anaconda the last rifftrax of this year, or is there another one coming after this?
Well there's the Christmas live show. And I'd think they'd have at least one in November.

Offline Satellite of Love

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 631
  • We Got Movie Sign!!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 12:20:31 PM »
Well there's the Christmas live show. And I'd think they'd have at least one in November.

Okay, so we just don't know what or when it is right?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:54 PM »

Okay, so we just don't know what or when it is right?
The one in November? Yeah, they haven't said what or when yet. As is usual nowadays. The Christmas show they have announced, it's Santa Claus (1959)

Offline Torgo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »
I am going to the live taping in Durham tomorrow.
Does anyone know if they sign autographs as part of the show?
Torgo

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 06:19:35 PM »
And I'd think they'd have at least one in November.

I don't think they do one in November. Until this year it's always been August, October and/or December.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 06:23:14 PM »
And I'd think they'd have at least one in November.

I don't think they do one in November. Until this year it's always been August, October and/or December.
Wait, you mean live riffs? I mean regular releases.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
They've had pretty regular releases every week this year.

Anyway, in November the "event" is another NatGeo special and in December is the "Santa Claus" live show.

Anaconda riff tonight was great, lots of great laughs and it's a real shame this show will never have a DVD release because there's a lot that's special here, in particular a hilarious gaff by Bill early on.

Funny, funny riff tonight. The "trivia cards" before the show were great, as always, a funny short before the show (I had the same thought before the guys did on the mother apparently dressing the kid up in drag, that it was a rather odd choice given the kid's intended costume was a paper-bag.)  Funny taste of the NatGeo special featuring the "Vampire Bat" wacko from the first special, and the feature riff was a riot.

The biggest laugh was certainly the "reverse waterfall" but the best draw was J-Lo's butt.  :)

And I was thinking Jon Voight was channeling Christopher Walken (in voice and look) the whole movie.  And, I like me some Jon Voight but, man, he was hamming it up in this movie big-time!   Stoltz was a non-entity in the whole thing.  And I'm pretty sure you don't experience, and recover from, a tracheotomy so quickly and easily. Certainly not with a perfect voice.

I actually though Ice Cube was more or less decent in the movie, but I would have expected some reference to him having to work with Channing Tatum in the future.

Fantastic night, guys.

Offline xartffir

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 07:32:19 PM »
it's a real shame this show will never have a DVD release because there's a lot that's special here, in particular a hilarious gaff by Bill early on.

I almost shot my soda out of my nose when he said that!  Hilarious!

I thought the Halloween Party short was fantastic.  This was the first time I had seen Anaconda since I first saw it in theaters when it came out.  I had forgotten how awful the movie is. 

I'm really disappointed that I'm going to miss the Santa Claus live show.  I'll be on a business trip in Canada that week.  Unfortunately, it isn't being shown in Canada and it is one night only.  Hopefully that one will be made available for download/streaming.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »
They sorted the audio issues out?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »
They sorted the audio issues out?

No audio issues for me in this one, if anything it was maybe a bit too loud at times but I'd rather have that than not being able to hear anything.

Things I learned:

- Waterfalls "fall" up.

- Snakes scream.

- Drums full of fuel apparently sink.

- Obviously evil guys should be trusted.

- People seem to think wasps can swim underwater.

- Snakes need to eat several times a day.

- A 7-year-old Jennifer Lawrence was in this movie.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:51:34 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline xartffir

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »
I think it is only certain theaters that have issues.  The theater I normally go to always has good audio.  However, I went to different theater for Godzilla and the volume was too low. 

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »
I think it is only certain theaters that have issues.  The theater I normally go to always has good audio.  However, I went to different theater for Godzilla and the volume was too low.

Seemed like there were a lot of sound issues for people with "Godzilla" I just don't think the movie's own sound production was compatible with the riff being laid on top of it, at least not in a manner to make the former still somewhat audible under the riff.  There was something of an audio duck but it was such a loud movie finding the balance was difficult.

There seemed to be no issues here, even in the action scenes.