Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)  (Read 62407 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7409
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 05:13:26 PM »
sheep, hogs, okapi, and hens? ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3415
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »
Part of the problem is increasing advertising costs.

I'm not sure what this is in answer to?
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 05:19:18 PM »
sheep, hogs, okapi, and hens? ???

Skanky Hotels Orgies And Hookers

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »
Instead of a wide group of people being oppressed, it's dreams and ideas. Just because they're not flesh and blood doesn't make it any less wrong.

You don't perhaps think you're being a touch melodramatic?  I'd also say the same could be said of film in almost any era, what do you feel you're missing out on exactly?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3950
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 10:31:05 PM »
Here's how the world of film goes and has always gone.

1) Someone does something new and original and good.
2) The public says, "Wow! That's new and original and good! We love it and want more!"
3) Hollywood gives us more and more and more and more and more.
4) The public says, "OK. That might be just about enough of that..."
5) Hollywood keeps on doing it and it keeps seeming less and less new because it is.
6) A small independant filmmaker decides to take a stand.
7) GOTO 1

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2582
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 04:51:47 AM »
Remakes and sequels have been around for pretty much the entire history of movies, and if you include adaptations of literature they have probably always been the vast majority of movies made.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6652
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »
I just realized something. The INHUMANS movie is going to be an extension of the stuff in Agents of Shield? I like some of that show, but their Inhumans stuff is just really boring (except the cool blind teleporter guy), and very clearly limited a lot by their TV budget.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5068
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »
I just realized something. The INHUMANS movie is going to be an extension of the stuff in Agents of Shield? I like some of that show, but their Inhumans stuff is just really boring (except the cool blind teleporter guy), and very clearly limited a lot by their TV budget.

I would hope that the film will basically be "y'know what you've seen on Agents of SHIELD?  That was a tiny splinter group of Inhumans that didn't know jack shit about the complete society of Inhumans that's been hiding elsewhere on the planet.  Here's King BlackBolt and his queen, Medusa to tell you all about them...."
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1525
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:30 AM »

I would hope that the film will basically be "y'know what you've seen on Agents of SHIELD?  That was a tiny splinter group of Inhumans that didn't know jack shit about the complete society of Inhumans that's been hiding elsewhere on the planet.  Here's King BlackBolt and his queen, Medusa to tell you all about them...."

That is my guess as well.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »
Aw, Ben seemed fun
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »
Am I the last person who would be interested to know it to find out that Benedict Cumberbatch was (superbly, I will say) cast as Doctor Strange?  [The article is dated "7 months ago". :P]

His capacity to act the part (well, OK, most any part), as well as the flawless facial and body structure for the lanky magical physician, was truly inspired casting.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »
Yeah, I think you are!

The movie also has Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One and Chiwetel Ejiofor as Mordo!
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6652
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »
Yeah, I am looking forward to that one. Like Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor before it, it is a departure from the other movies so far that it could easily fall on it's face. But Marvel has done well so I have hope.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »
Yes, I'm looking forward to it also.  [The comics I most regret having sold in the mid-'80s was the complete Dr Strange set, starting with Strange Tales 110. :'( (I had Strange Tales back to 102 and Annual 2 with the Human Torch, but those stories were never terribly memorable, so it's just the 110, 111, and 114-on that I miss.)]

Marvel actually cares about their characters and their portrayal (unlike most pre-Marvel Studios treatment of any of their characters), so I think they'll do fine with Dr Strange in/on film.  And yes, it'll be a nice change of pace.  I agree that it is great with Marvel's film release schedule, to see that they have added this variety in the types of films, not staying all with standard superhero fare.  Of course their array of comics never were really locked into standard superheros - they went out of their way to create wildly different characters to trap as many potential readers as possible. :)