Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)  (Read 42032 times)

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 216
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)
« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »
Question... if I want to avoid spoilers for Avengers Infinity War, should I stay off the forum until after I've seen the movie? I've already enacted a Facebook blackout for myself until late Thursday night, and now I'm wondering if I should stay off this forum too. The only place I'm gonna go where I don't expect much in the way of Spoilers is Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, mostly because I won't scroll down to look at any of the comments. I just want to see the kind of score the movie gets, and that's it. I don't think I'm gonna go to any search engines like Yahoo either, lest I come upon a spoiler. Believe me, to do this it's gonna suck because I want to be surprised... but it'll be worth it.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2339
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »
As long as you stay out of the Infinity War thread, you should be safe. People are usually good about that stuff here.

I won't be seeing it till Saturday morning myself.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2664
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
Gotta wait till Saturday night, myself. The thing I miss most about pre-Parenthood is midnight releases.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »
Gotta wait till Saturday night, myself. The thing I miss most about pre-Parenthood is midnight releases.
Really sorry Pak, honestly I really hate to see a fellow fan missing out... but... parental responsibilities have to come first like you said.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
People really want to see Infinity War...wow...the previews make it look terrible...but I thought the other Avenger movies were all terrible too. Kind of want to see Dead Pool 2 though (despite generally not liking Ryan Reynolds, Dead Pool 1 worked for me,).

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2018, 08:08:19 PM »
Personally I find a midnight viewing always decreases my enjoyment of the film.

What I am going to miss is getting the movie a week or two earlier than the US and being able to see it on the weekend without worrying about spoilers :P
FINE

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2018, 09:03:56 PM »
Personally I find a midnight viewing always decreases my enjoyment of the film.

What I am going to miss is getting the movie a week or two earlier than the US and being able to see it on the weekend without worrying about spoilers :P
Well Edward that's exactly why I am NOT going to a midnight showing, but a 7 pm showing this Thursday, May 26th. I'll try to avoid spoilers when I break down my reaction to the film, but I'm not going to pretend it's going to be easy.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2018, 09:06:54 PM »
Just keep it to the Infinity War thread and you can post it in as much detail as you want.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:23 PM »
You got it man.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
When the credits started rolling with one name at a time I figured it would last for a whole year so Avengers 4 would be the after credits scene.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #387 on: June 18, 2018, 05:51:35 AM »
I haven't seen TAG yet, but I hear it's pretty good. It would be funny if in that at the end it turned out he was playing Hawkeye. So that's the reason his friends can't catch him at tag. And it turns out that's the reason he wasn't in Infinity War.

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3881
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
So Guardians 3 has been postponed indefinitely...

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4219
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
So Guardians 3 has been postponed indefinitely...

Yeah, that sucks.  Particularly since it was likely going to introduce my 3rd favorite comic character (after Spider-Man and Doctor Strange): Adam Warlock.  Which means if any Warlock films were going to be part of the cosmic next phase of the MCU (The Church/Magus series would've been awesome!), that will be on indefinite hold as well.  Unless they decide to bring in the Sovereign and 'Adam' via a different film - but that seems unlikely if they still intend to use Gunn's Vol. 3 script as the basis for the next GotG film.

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' Put On Indefinite Hold by Disney

It had to happen. Marvel and Disney have put Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 on indefinite hold following their refusal to bring back director James Gunn into the fold, according to The Hollywood Reporter, as Disney and Marvel continue their extensive search for Gunn’s replacement.
“The timeline has been pushed out,” says a source. Disney never set a release date for Guardians 3.

The film was originally slated to begin filming this either coming January or February, with pre-production set to begin in the fall. THR says that a chunk of the crew was already gearing up for pre-production but have since been dismissed and told to look for new work in the meantime. Last we heard, Gunn’s final meeting with Marvel was very civil and that some sources were very keen on Disney using the director’s script. This hiatus could potentially mean otherwise if Disney and Marvel have decided to start on a clean slate.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects