Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)  (Read 29090 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
Age of Ultron looks pretty dark so far, Marvel can pretty much go anywhere at this point (which is great because that's what you can do with comics in general.)
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
So the Civil War is only going to last for one movie?  Seems like kind of a waste if it does.

You can do a lot in one movie. I be OK if it's their first three hour movie though.

...plus Cap 2 *kind of* laid some groundwork for it, I imagine Age of Ultron will do the same.

And Agents of SHIELD is also building on that.
FINE

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »
At least Marvel is going for the more lighthearted approach.  Just heard the Wonder Woman movie is using her grim and edgy New 52 version.

The Brian Azzarello Wonder Woman? I just got interested for the first time.
FINE

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 06:09:09 PM »
At least Marvel is going for the more lighthearted approach.  Just heard the Wonder Woman movie is using her grim and edgy New 52 version.

The Brian Azzarello Wonder Woman? I just got interested for the first time.
It's more about how the Amazons were handled.

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 06:16:35 PM »
It doesn't matter, I remembered it was part of the Justice Legue universe and my eyes glossed over again.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 11:45:18 AM »
Looks like a great line-up.  I'll be getting each on Blu, probably on release day (since I can rarely make it to theaters).

They had better introduce Adam Warlock before Infinity War.  Thanos with the gauntlet, without Warlock, is simply wrong.  [It would have been nice if there'd been an individual Warlock film, possibly covering the territory of Starlin's first run with the character from Strange Tales 178-Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2.]

What they really need to do is increase the number of films per year by at least one more.  They can't keep up with demand - something that Hollywood hasn't seen in years (decades?  ever?).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:47:28 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »
Maybe they'll start doing more small run stuff like they plan on doing with Netflix?

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »
Maybe they'll start doing more small run stuff like they plan on doing with Netflix?

That would be great, though it has its advantages and disadvantages.  If it is in continuity (like crossover information on Howard Stark/Cap/Agent Carter/Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ties together through Iron Man, Cap, and AoS...) then it will be good for fleshing out the characters and the entire Marvel Universe.  But the down side is that many of those venues aren't common to the average person.  "Common" like broadcast TV is - (e.g. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), so all those without Netflix, or Amazon Prime (if anything goes there), or Hulu Plus (if anything goes there), would miss sometimes crucial information to Marvel Filmic Universe continuity (character introductions and such).

While not everyone goes to theaters, most people who have an interest do see films either from purchase or rental or streaming (as long as they are streamed across venues [all of them - Netflix, Prime, Hulu - not exclusive to one or another]).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
THey have said their plan eventually has five movies a year! I can't wait!
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked:
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 04:47:11 PM »
Looks like a great line-up.  I'll be getting each on Blu, probably on release day (since I can rarely make it to theaters).

They had better introduce Adam Warlock before Infinity War.

Wouldn't he be in Captain Marvel?
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »

Warlock was around and had the majority of his adventures without (the original, or any other) Captain Marvel.  But, that's a good point: for the sake of the films, they could very well introduce him there. :)  I suspect that the characters would work fairly well together, as they have rather different approaches to the universe in the comics (quite different, actually, which could make for interesting interactions).

And I should feel enheartened... after all, I remember reading a few weeks back that Kevin Feige confirmed that Adam Warlock's coccoon did show up briefly on screen already, in the back of the collector's collection (though it was green instead of orange-brown, like it should have been).

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked:
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 08:27:27 PM »

Warlock was around and had the majority of his adventures without (the original, or any other) Captain Marvel.  But, that's a good point: for the sake of the films, they could very well introduce him there. :)  I suspect that the characters would work fairly well together, as they have rather different approaches to the universe in the comics (quite different, actually, which could make for interesting interactions).

And I should feel enheartened... after all, I remember reading a few weeks back that Kevin Feige confirmed that Adam Warlock's coccoon did show up briefly on screen already, in the back of the collector's collection (though it was green instead of orange-brown, like it should have been).

To be honest my main knowledge of him was him turning into a tree from Deadpool ...or possibly X-Force (Cable?)
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »
They can easily introduce others, especially with the success of Guardians of the Galaxy opening the door to the whole Celestials stage.  I will be surprised if Phyla-Vell isn't introduced as Quasar, and the movies just ignore that she was ever Captain Marvel.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »
Spoilered the whole post, since it is responding to ScottotD about Warlock (a potential/likely future film character), not the Marvel movie lineup per se.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:43:06 PM by LucasM »

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »
It took me over 48 hours, but something finally registered: it turns out I didn't really need to spoiler the above post, because in the book I discussed in that post was the Jim Starlin creation/introduction of a character that is already part of the Marvel cinematic universe: Gamora, the Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy.  Starlin introduced her in the 2nd or 3rd issue in his run on Warlock, and she was Warlock's companion for many years (the two of them, along with Pip the Troll (another Starlin creation), and ultimately Drax (who I don't think was created by Starlin) and more, dealing many times with Starlin's creation Thanos and Starlin's creation the Infinity Gems) before Warlock and Gamora separated and she joined the Guardians of the Galaxy.  :)

People get it, don't they? :)  Jim Starlin created a LOT of the mythos that Marvel's cosmic films (starting with The Avengers) are based on.

For the record, here is a history of Warlock's, Thanos' and the Infinity Gems' varied past (there're some varied issues interspersed in it all).  Spoilered because while this is of interest as historic source information for Gem/Gauntlet/Thanos/Gamora/Warlock, it simply isn't about film stuff.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[EDIT: grammatical repairs]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:35:09 PM by LucasM »