Author Topic: The Big Smash Bros. Thread  (Read 16498 times)

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 4978
Re: The Big Smash Bros. Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2018, 08:45:03 PM »
Can anyone who has Smash see if Fox has any new messages between him and the team that you can spawn in his stages?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3749
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2018, 10:57:29 PM »
A quick unlock guide popped up in my Tumblr feed...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks for that! I've been floundering without my precious Mr. Game & Watch. Now it's time to bring home the bacon!

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 867
  • I just kinda want to die all the time
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
Finally! All fighters unlocked. Had a string of losses thanks to spikes from the challenger AIs, so I got to unlock the last 5 or so in a row. Found out I'm somehow competent with Chrom, but not Roy.

On another note, it's good that they improved the AI in the game, since online is actually just got garbage

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1747
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 06:54:14 PM »
Finally! All fighters unlocked. Had a string of losses thanks to spikes from the challenger AIs, so I got to unlock the last 5 or so in a row. Found out I'm somehow competent with Chrom, but not Roy.

On another note, it's good that they improved the AI in the game, since online is actually just got garbage

Local wireless is nice and smooth. But yeah even playing with a friend of mine there was a bunch of lag. It would run smooth for a good five minutes, and then super heavy lag for 30 seconds. It was playable, but definitely annoying.

I’m taking the scenic route and trying to focus on unlocking everyone in the World of Light. I’m finally in the area where Cloud is, I just need to figure out a few puzzles to get to him. I think Bayonetta is close as well, but I can’t find a good guide to
. I guess it’s too early. I can find some information, but not everything in one place with a nice picture.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 196
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018, 05:35:48 AM »
So I gave in and bought Smash Ultimate. I'm enjoying it so far! Even more so than Brawl. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at Smash and I always end up getting nervous and PTSD-stricken after a battle. This never happens when I play other fighting games, though.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »
Looking at the default pallet for the Fire Emblem characters in this game makes it really clear: Fire Emblem loves its blue and silver hair.

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
Decided that I need to pick up a main, and I guess it's time to put on yoga pants and get wine drunk, because I'm going to main Wii Fit Trainer. She's got weird moves, they all have weird timing, soccer balls, double sun power... And the fact that she gives fitness tips during her moves is the thing that sold me.

Now to learn my matchups by going through each character in the roster in order. Cheers!

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »
Decided that I need to pick up a main, and I guess it's time to put on yoga pants and get wine drunk, because I'm going to main Wii Fit Trainer. She's got weird moves, they all have weird timing, soccer balls, double sun power... And the fact that she gives fitness tips during her moves is the thing that sold me.

Now to learn my matchups by going through each character in the roster in order. Cheers!

A solid pick. She’s also one of my favorites. And she has the added benefit of instilling the feeling of ‘fuck, I just got the shit beat out of me by a yoga instructor?’ in my coworkers when I pick her.

Tomorrow is going to be filled with a lot of Smash at work, so I wanted to make sure I had Bayonetta and Cloud unlocked by then.  Got cloud in adventure mode but I had to cheat and unlocked Bayonetta in Classic mode. I don’t think you get Bayonetta until like the very last fight of story mode, and I just didn’t have enough time. I am happy to report that I like both of them a lot. Cloud took a few fights for me to get a hang of, but now that I understand his timings I love him. He’s such a whiny little bitch in his games, yet at the same time, is so fucking cool. But I guess that’s anime for you.  Bayonetta is just awesome. I like that the way her guns work carried over to Smash. I also like how her smash attacks are slightly offset from your character, which is just enough to throw people off a little. I still need to figure out the inner workings of her slow mo counter though.

I’m not a serious enough gamer to dedicate myself to maining anyone, but at this point, with over 60 characters unlocked, it feels like my rotation will be: Bayonetta, Little Mac, Cloud, Fox, Trainer.  Kind of in that order. When I want to mix things up I’ll go to the bench where I have: Daisy, Sheik, Simon, Ridley. Oh and I haven’t unlocked meta knight yet, so we’ll see if he fits in somewhere.

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »
Basically anyone who was top tier in Smash WiiU got nerfed into the ground, so Cloud and Bayo are actually reasonable now. I might try to pick up Bayo, because she's pretty awesome.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »
I did it!  Finally unlocked all characters in World of Light, and beat the final boss(s).  I really liked the last series of fights.  There were some surprises in there, and the whole concept of... well, guess I should spoiler this part.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M9ZnInCKKs0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M9ZnInCKKs0</a>

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2018, 04:33:50 AM »
Main issue with Wii Fit is that she's got pretty bad matchups against the more popular online characters like Pichu and Young Link.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2018, 07:43:50 AM »
Of all the unexpected pleasures this game has delivered, figuring out the theme for each character's opponents in Classic Mode is my favorite.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 196
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2018, 10:37:32 AM »
I've chosen two mains: My Mii Swordfighter character, and Captain Falcon (Can't go wrong with the Falcon Punch!).

I just love how there's so much to do in this game! It's going to take me ages before I get bored with this game!