Author Topic: The Big Smash Bros. Thread  (Read 6101 times)

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 332
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: The Big Smash Bros. Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
Oh snap, I know for a fact I've only got a few people, gonna have to throw my FC up here when I get off work.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4014
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2018, 06:35:10 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GF7KSURHF5I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GF7KSURHF5I</a>

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1313
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »
Well I just got home from work with only an hour left until midnight, so that means... waiting up for Smash!  Just a taste... still have to go to work tomorrow.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »
Well I just got home from work with only an hour left until midnight, so that means... waiting up for Smash!  Just a taste... still have to go to work tomorrow.

I got asked to turn my 4 hour shift from 6-10 into a 12 hour shift from 6 to 6. Then I get to go home, nap for an hour, drive into KC, go to class for a few hours, and then come home, nap for 3, go to the gym, go to work for 12 hours, and repeat it without the gym. I don't know when I'll get to Smash, but I'm gonna play World of Light during breaks.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2018, 09:22:38 PM »
First DLC character has been announced! Joker from Persona 5! I'm hyped

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2018, 09:28:18 PM »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/LyDFRZGrM8Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/LyDFRZGrM8Q</a>

HYYYYYYPE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2018, 10:40:25 PM »
First impressions before I head to bed: It’s fun!  So far I’ve unlocked four or five characters. They come pretty quick if you are just doing regular fights. Much less quickly if you are doing story mode. But story more is pretty fun. There’s a whole bunch of stuff I don’t really understand with these spirits, but so far I like it. Have yet to unlock anyone I had really been looking forward to, but I’m sure that will change Saturday. I’m also curious to see how it feels with just the joycons instead of the pro controller. I’ll find that out on the subway tomorrow.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2798
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
 Dropped the tyke off at school and headed over to the local Target right as they were opening. No lines, no crowds. They hadn't even put the game out. So I asked her to check for the special edition and now I have a nice steel book version with a new Smash themed Pro Controller.

Loving the game so far. I'm WAY out of practice and got my butt kicked for a while, so I went to the new story mode (Which is fantastic) to brush up. Now I've unlocked Pac-Man and I'm kicking the right amount of butt.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2798
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »
As a collector of unusual Amiibos, I was pleased to find that my really weird Amiibos all seem to unlock things. I have spirits for Poochy, Shovel Knight, a bunch of Animal Crossing characters, Tiki, Alm, Celica...

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »
I've not unlocked much of the roster yet, but I got Inkling and Zelda, two of the fighters I was planning to main. Inkling is a friggin' monster, and Zelda's finally good.

Also K. Rool is a fat boi, and I fucking love him. Belly is busted, tho

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »
These are who I’m most excited for. And considering I haven’t played since the Wii, I haven’t played as 3/4ths of these characters.

So Fox is still great and one of my favorites. I only just now unlocked him in story mode after spending pretty much all day playing, considering I’m sick with a cold. I unlocked mega man. He’s interesting... but I don’t think he’s going to be one of my mains. I prefer the brawling style, and his move set seems a little repetitive in the ranged department.

One of my current mains that I wasn’t expecting is WiiFit Trainer. She’s great!  I love how her vocals sound so condescending when you’re beating the hell out of someone. Sheik is also quite good and a lot of fun. Ryu is another that is useful if I need a heavy hitter. I have yet to unlock Cloud or Bayonetta, so I’m still looking forward to that.

Been mainly playing story mode. Took a while to get the hang of the whole spirit thing, but I think I finally get it. It’s giant, by the way. So many fights. Some of them quite difficult.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 08:11:20 PM »
Currently have 18 people left to unlock in the roster, which I wanted to do before going online. Unfortunately, I heard the Online in Ultimate is actually a step back from Sm4sh.

OH, and I saw a tip on Reddit today, there's a setting in the internet settings for each connection currently set at 1400, but if you put that up to 1500, you help your ping out significantly. Apparently Nintendo doesn't wanna be standard.

Btw, Fishing Dog>All

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2018, 10:15:05 PM »
A quick unlock guide popped up in my Tumblr feed...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:16:40 PM by The Lurker »